Kill these Tormented Spirits

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
iHaku wrote:
seditionist drops wisdom/portal scrolls after he posessed a rare, i dont see a reason to make him THAT rare.

To be fair, it doesn't just drop wisdom/Portal scrolls.

really? what else? because i just had a scrollplosion (heh) when i lured it into kole i think. didn saw any other items.

"
iHaku wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
iHaku wrote:
seditionist drops wisdom/portal scrolls after he posessed a rare, i dont see a reason to make him THAT rare.

To be fair, it doesn't just drop wisdom/Portal scrolls.

really? what else? because i just had a scrollplosion (heh) when i lured it into kole i think. didn saw any other items.

RNG on top of RNG ... you ware just lucky enought or unlucky to get scrolls.
"
grepman wrote:
"
MajorThor wrote:
I like how this seasons "challenges" are based entirely off RNG instead of skill. "Challenges" should be renamed "Luck of the Draw" as it seems more fitting.

lol at any challenges in poe being based on 'skill'.

lol at singling out this season when its always been like that

*looks at anarchy 'challenges'- slay the 13 rogue exiles and use each map
*looks at domination 'challenges'- touch each shrine

each damn challenge in poe history been based on rng. the whole game is based on rng ffs. why you are singling out this season makes zero sense

Exactly. All the challenges are and have been RNG, not to mention annoying. "Full Clear" anyone? Did that one the very first time. Never again. Why? Painstakingly and tediously explore every nook and cranny of every room on your first pass, get the to last room, kill the last enemy and... I guarantee you missed one or more, one or more that wasn't there on the first pass, one or more that even if you painstakingly and tediously back track the entire instance, still may not find.
Most of them are not hard... they are just frustrating.

Kill X exile... mostly luck (your build may suck against a specific exile)

Fiding X box... luck

Find X shrine... luck

Complete X mission... luck

Full clear... ends up being a "currency challenge" since some maps are really hard to find on your own (vaal temple and some unique maps) and people charge a lot for them (vaal temples are like 2 exa). Another terrible (sadist) concept is the "/remaining" along with the mobs hidden underground. Is it that hard to make all instances/maps like Fetid Pool? That automatically tells you when there a few enemies in it? Or some kind of Tora's pointer leading you to the last mobs? For an ACTION RPG, there isn't much action running back and forth the whole map trying to find out that last remaining mob. Why should we be "punished" when a single mob decides to hide underground in a dead end corner?

Find X spirit... luck. Probably the most frustating. Step 1: make new content; Step 2: hide it behind RNG ; Step 3 : fail. I've found only 2 seditionists. One got inside torture chamber boss (shock and horror), now THAT was a challenge... too bad lot of people haven't found a single one yet, even with 3 characters lv 90+.

Kill X bloodline pack... this one is ok, quite easy actually. We should at least kill congealed blood and abaxoth in a lv 60+ area to get it done instead of just killing the pack and running away.

Identify X unique... won't even comment on this one...

Some ideas for challenges that would require time/"skill" without being as frustating as they are now:

Full clear -> kill this boss in a rare/corrupted map
Find X shrine -> Touch 50 shrines
Find X box -> Open 100 boxes
Identify X unique -> Drop 20 uniques
Kill X exile -> Kill 100 exiles
Complete X mission -> complete 200 missions

If not i can even foresee the next temporary league's challenge:
Drop a crown of eyes;
Chance a shvrone wrapping;
Own a headhunter:

I still need vaal cultist for spirit and vaal temple (which i can easly do just don't have currency to buy the map yet) for full clear, the unique one I've already gave up.
Last edited by pelife123 on Jan 25, 2015, 8:57:21 AM
Are any of these spirits limited to a certain map lvl?

I'm 73, playing torment only to get this challenge.

Missing seditionist and thief, found almost all others alone in zones and maps under 70.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
I'm missing seditionist and smuggler.

one of them (can't remember which, I think it had a chaos aura) I only just recently killed.. some of them do seem quite rare.
"
Quantume wrote:
Are any of these spirits limited to a certain map lvl?

I'm 73, playing torment only to get this challenge.

Missing seditionist and thief, found almost all others alone in zones and maps under 70.

I got some last ones by running lvl67-69 maps.... so good luck. I finished that challenge, but it was hard...
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Those spirits are likely the rarest ones in the same way that Divine Shrines and Echoing Shrines are encountered less that other types of shrines.

At least the shrines cant run away :/
"
TRV wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Those spirits are likely the rarest ones in the same way that Divine Shrines and Echoing Shrines are encountered less that other types of shrines.

At least the shrines cant run away :/

my hard guess: echo shrines are even unlikely to spawn for melee. have given up finding it myself and tried the obvious (easy) way, participate on global chat 820.
turns out even sharing these shrines is not a faster way to get them done :-S

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Those spirits are likely the rarest ones in the same way that Divine Shrines and Echoing Shrines are never encountered.

There, fixed that for you :)

I may not play as much as some people here, but I do play a LOT of PoE. I have found now two Echoing shrines but am missing the Divine and two of the rare Tormented Spirits. I total get RNG etc. but it's not like these things are unique items you can carry with you forever and could completely alter the game ever after. They are one off encounters with no ongoing benefits, so the encounter rate for these is just far too low.

I expect that if I was playing 2 or 3 hours on a weekend that I may not encounter these over the course of the league, but if I'm playing 2 or 3 hours a day, every day, and I still don't encounter them then there's something broken with the system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info