POHX IS BACK Inform Me If you Want Updates! Fire Witch! 18k+ Dps. ( Youtube Vid Included )

Hi, just wanted to tell, that this build still works really well in normal and is decent in crule, but once you hit merciless ... Well I find my dmg lacking and I can't take to many hits ...Got my fire witch till 59 with this build.
I hope that there still is a chance, that this build cloud be updated ;)
Well I used this build as a base and slightly altered it to compensate for merciless, and so far am level 73, nearly 74.

I find that I have a huge weakness when it comes to total life pool vs damage taken, so to 'absorb' this, I simply started casting decoy totems and raise zombies (basically have an entire item to giving my zombies speed, resistance and life), and I put a point into lord of the dead to give them a slight boost.

So the zombies and decoy totems are fairly good at taking most chaos damage and prove to be a fairly good distraction from most enemies, but I also try stacking fire and lightning resists just in case.

Basically, fireball is amazing at higher levels, but you need at least a 4 socket searing touch to make the fireball shine :P

A 5 to 6 link searing touch is great (still trying to sort one out myself), but it only serves to make fireball a more destructive skill than it already is.

If you find things a little tedious to kill using fireball, simply do what I did and get an infernal mantle, makes all your skills 25% chaos damage converted, and from what I can tell, it still applies all your fire damage buffs to your fireball before converting 25% of that to chaos, which means you can chip away at an enemies health whilst spamming fireball to blitz through the shield.

All in all though, you just gotta think about ways around surviving, and for this build you can't really rely on a huge health pool, so just focus on the other things :)

Btw here is my current passive tree for level 73, I would love some feedback ^^

WHy would you want to reduce your Fireball damage with fork + LMP to low levels?
In that case you aren't utilising burn damage at all.

Why not just run with a single cast fireball, with elemental proliferation - when it crits, everything will just burn away.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 25, 2013, 4:44:01 AM
"
WHy would you want to reduce your Fireball damage with fork + LMP to low levels?
In that case you aren't utilising burn damage at all.

Why not just run with a single cast fireball, with elemental proliferation - when it crits, everything will just burn away.

Well, I will be focusing more on burn damage when I get a decent quality fireball gem, then I will change again of course haha.

How does a single fireball stack up towards pack clearing? Been a while since I used a single fireball after all.

Also, trying to not so much rely on crits, because of spell damage reflect, as it just really gets me, I was thinking of implementing fire trap then trying to re-focus on crit, but not quite sure yet.
how do you get a searing touch in the game?
First of all, this is my first character. Started playing a couple days ago, so bear with me for my lack of terminology knowledge. My witch is lvl 44 and I just got the Fork and LMP gems, and put them in with a fire pen. and fireball. My problem is I can't level them past 4 and 1, respectively. Not enough dex. Should I just gem something else until I get more dex items? I didn't see any dex spending in the tree, and the gear Pohx has doesn't seem like it adds enough bonus dex.

I was pretty silly and didn't check the build fully when I started. I felt so overwhelmed that I decided the passive tree looked good enough and went from there (been spending as the levels show in each tree). I didn't gather up the aura gems other than Purity of Elements. I seem to run out of mana super quickly when I have that turned on, especially when I use my fancy new fireball. I am assuming that I just need to stack mana regen. items, but any other info on what may help would be awesome.

Also, I am not able to get Searing Touch, due to being a poor mofo. I've been stacking spell damage with yellow wands instead. Any advice on this? Recommended weapon stats?

Again, sorry for being the super noob, I am really enjoying this game and this build, and I want to make it work better for me =)

On a side note, I'm playing with a Shadow exclusively, so that helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info