Deleted

"
arcadius wrote:
And? Totem casts like 9 times a sec with 10% flat shock chance from passives + crit (26% without pc in my case). Theyre perma shocked anyway

Base shock duration is 27.6 seconds times the proportion of the target's effective maximum life dealt. The base (?) duration is capped at a third of this value (9.2 seconds). If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the shock effect is not applied; at base this is equivalent to 1.09% of the target's effective maximum life.

aka.

if the damage you crit to shock with isnt big enough then the shock effect isnt applied.
"
Fluxxed wrote:
I put the build into PoEBuilder:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLPwH6IAaPJ8S5Z04XOaO4Kb7TzVpuw4Jy-QVRo4cYXAGnrmY_3auUbXsUJmnhZAhX1Y5SoTwxNaK6Pyr2xM_zwtxq4QzPiTjEYrtrc-_grYvUGH-ej60iSqFm826eNqHRT3po5ktvqboY9G99esmDpYVcaD23RVXyoEB0yz215QMK6zQZYFQtD1LJxJsgLjB6WCEN-wlSAtH6KjwfMPxDt8uMp_xoIe2wsRlgcelS6P-vDV6_XDCbmT8h1knQ5InWNd8uWOpLGMNlVLYeImlQMeFr8fQXDVidNwUmNDSVE=

It has 143% extra life, not 153%. I really feel like grabbing the health nodes below/left of the Scion start would be pretty helpful. Any idea how to include those 6? The extra 30% health would make me comfortable with running/trying out this build. :P

Let's craft some ideas! I was thinking maybe removing the 3 crit strike multiplier nodes in the top right (Throatseeker), the single 8% increased totem damage near Ancestral bond (mid/top left), and finally projectile damage/sniper (which can always be respecced into since those are the last possible nodes to get). So it'd end up looking like this:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLPwH6IAaPJ8S5Z04XOaO4Kb7TzVpuw4Jy-QVRo4cYXAGnrmY_3auUbXsUJmnhZAhX1Y5SoTWiuj8q9sTP88LcauEMz4k4xGK7a3Pv4K2L1Bh_no-tIkqhZvNunjah0U96aOZLb6m6GPRvfXrJg6WFXGg9t0VV8qBAdMs9teUDCus0GWBULQ9SycSbIC4welghDfsJUgLR-io8Hzf8aCHtsLEZYHHpUuj_rw1ev1wwm5k_IdZJ0OSJ1jXfLljqSxjDZVS2HiJpUWv3DVidNwUmNDSVE64fJFpldN4_6PNZI=

This has 173% life. Thoughts?

*add the url button and then place your url inbetween so i can just click on it.

i edited your original quote to provide clickable links.

according to ur 2nd build u took away the crit multiplier which is really important for the damage.

if you want more life drop the power charge nodes and maybe run a 2nd setup for cwdt to be more tanky.

personally i had no problems with tanking because my totems always drew aggro and i could walk side by side mob and they would mostly ignore me.

either way you can test it out and be the judge but personally i think my spec is perfectly fine for torment.
Last edited by Bloomania on Dec 31, 2014, 4:36:31 AM
bump
"
"
Fluxxed wrote:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLPwH6IAaPJ8S5Z04XOaO4Kb7TzVpuw4Jy-QVRo4cYXAGnrmY_3auUbXsUJmnhZAhX1Y5SoTwxNaK6Pyr2xM_zwtxq4QzPiTjEYrtrc-_grYvUGH-ej60iSqFm826eNqHRT3po5ktvqboY9G99esmDpYVcaD23RVXyoEB0yz215QMK6zQZYFQtD1LJxJsgLjB6WCEN-wlSAtH6KjwfMPxDt8uMp_xoIe2wsRlgcelS6P-vDV6_XDCbmT8h1knQ5InWNd8uWOpLGMNlVLYeImlQMeFr8fQXDVidNwUmNDSVE=

It has 143% extra life, not 153%. I really feel like grabbing the health nodes below/left of the Scion start would be pretty helpful. Any idea how to include those 6? The extra 30% health would make me comfortable with running/trying out this build. :P

Let's craft some ideas! I was thinking maybe removing the 3 crit strike multiplier nodes in the top right (Throatseeker), the single 8% increased totem damage near Ancestral bond (mid/top left), and finally projectile damage/sniper (which can always be respecced into since those are the last possible nodes to get). So it'd end up looking like this:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLPwH6IAaPJ8S5Z04XOaO4Kb7TzVpuw4Jy-QVRo4cYXAGnrmY_3auUbXsUJmnhZAhX1Y5SoTWiuj8q9sTP88LcauEMz4k4xGK7a3Pv4K2L1Bh_no-tIkqhZvNunjah0U96aOZLb6m6GPRvfXrJg6WFXGg9t0VV8qBAdMs9teUDCus0GWBULQ9SycSbIC4welghDfsJUgLR-io8Hzf8aCHtsLEZYHHpUuj_rw1ev1wwm5k_IdZJ0OSJ1jXfLljqSxjDZVS2HiJpUWv3DVidNwUmNDSVE64fJFpldN4_6PNZI=

*add the url button and then place your url inbetween so i can just click on it.

according to ur 2nd build u took away the crit multiplier which is really important for the damage.

if you want more life drop the power charge nodes and maybe run a 2nd setup for cwdt to be more tanky.

personally i had no problems with tanking because my totems always drew aggro and i could walk side by side mob and they would mostly ignore me.

either way you can test it out and be the judge but personally i think my spec is perfectly fine for torment.

Alright, I'll try dropping those instead. I'm going to give it a shot on BL :D Thanks for the build.

Any suggestions as to curses/different CWDT setups to use? I'm pretty lost other than Flammability and CWDT-Endurance shout thingy.
"
Fluxxed wrote:
"
"
Fluxxed wrote:

Alright, I'll try dropping those instead. I'm going to give it a shot on BL :D Thanks for the build.

Any suggestions as to curses/different CWDT setups to use? I'm pretty lost other than Flammability and CWDT-Endurance shout thingy.

if ur going to run this on blood lines id make a completely different guide.

you see this is only for torment.

For Bloodlines id recommend to go with ES

Mantle already gives es so it works out nicely.

the reason is that in bloodlines you cant rip.

so you need a bigger pool of life ready to take damage.

this means less dps but heres the setup i had in mind

Auras = Discipline Vitality and Clarity

no damage auras

I don't follow how you're coming to your 7500dps and possible 20k dps numbers when it comes to Flame Totem's potential DPS. If you were only achieving 7500 dps, meaning you had a tooltip of 1500 x 5 projectiles = 7500 dps, then you were doing something extremely wrong as you leveled. You stated you had that dps in your first Atziri video. I'm currently level 56 with 8000+ dps using that calculation. I'm not using Maligaros and have only decent gear at this time. Spent around 20c for two decent wands and that's about it.

Let me know if I'm wrong in how you're coming up with your potential dps numbers.

Thanks!
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your build - i've been following it as my second char in Torment and it's quite fun seeing all the mobs just burning to death away from me :)

But I also have some questions - what is the reason of going global crit chance in gear - does it affect spell crit chance? And if not - then what it changes? Also does the crit multi affect spell crit multi? Never played a spell crit char so have no idea of this mechanics, especially a totem mechanics :)

Also - what about the ele reflect - does it reflect damage to totem or to me?

Is there a place for damage auras? And are they really necessary for scalling up damage?

Good job once again :)
Last edited by Scaal on Jan 3, 2015, 5:18:51 AM
"
Dralyne wrote:
I don't follow how you're coming to your 7500dps and possible 20k dps numbers when it comes to Flame Totem's potential DPS. If you were only achieving 7500 dps, meaning you had a tooltip of 1500 x 5 projectiles = 7500 dps, then you were doing something extremely wrong as you leveled. You stated you had that dps in your first Atziri video. I'm currently level 56 with 8000+ dps using that calculation. I'm not using Maligaros and have only decent gear at this time. Spent around 20c for two decent wands and that's about it.

Let me know if I'm wrong in how you're coming up with your potential dps numbers.

Thanks!

no

when i say 7.5k dps

thats tooltip

when i deleted this build it was lvl 84 and had 14k gmp tool tip dps

that means the actual dealt dps is

14,000 x 2(for 2 totems) x 5(gmp) and since i use shock + celestial punishment it gets a nice 75% increased damage dealt.

this build has already achieved 27k tool tip dps with a 6link and lvl 26 heralds etc

but for this guide and to do atziri u dont need anywhere near that damage.

Last edited by Bloomania on Jan 3, 2015, 7:24:03 AM
"
Scaal wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your build - i've been following it as my second char in Torment and it's quite fun seeing all the mobs just burning to death away from me :)

But I also have some questions - what is the reason of going global crit chance in gear - does it affect spell crit chance? And if not - then what it changes? Also does the crit multi affect spell crit multi? Never played a spell crit char so have no idea of this mechanics, especially a totem mechanics :)

Also - what about the ele reflect - does it reflect damage to totem or to me?

Is there a place for damage auras? And are they really necessary for scalling up damage?

Good job once again :)

global crit chance affects both spell and phys crit chance

crit multi is global unless it says specifically for wands/daggers/staves etc

if you have specific questions on that feel free to ask about nodes/items/etc

ele reflect kills the totem but since u have no mana problems with this build reflect wont bother you very much.

yes like i said in the guide i use herald of ice and herald of thunder. it scales up the damage very much and when you can you wanna try and put lvl the heralds in a +1 to all gem item etc.

that lvl of dps is really really in depth so i wont go into that atm.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Would love to see screenshots of your 7500+ tooltip then. I know Flame Totem does scale very well in it's very late levels but I just don't see it scaling that much. Have any old screenshots around?

Furthermore ... When doing the math correctly it'd be 14,000 x 5 = 70,000 x 2 = 140,000

Your math would mean that the second totem you cast isn't using 5 projectiles. It should be if you want to get the correct answer :-/ ...

Again, would love to see your screenshots of the dps since none are posted anywhere. Not saying it's not possible but proof would be cool =) ..

You also fail to mention it will be mandatory to get extra dex on gear somewhere. Leveling GMP / HoI / Faster Projectiles requires the higher dexterity that you won't get from the passive tree alone.

SS's or cool story bro :-)
Last edited by Dralyne on Jan 3, 2015, 8:24:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info