WINDESTANZ WAND POWER SIPHON - FLASKS, EVA/BLOCK+SPELL BLOCK *ATZIRI*

Thanks for the interest in the build. On hold for now until Act 4.
Hi guys, I have respec'd into this build from my Lightning Strike ranger. I dropped Stone of Lazhwar and Bringer of Rain.

I am still able to get ~max blocks for attacks and spells with Rumi's flask and Rathpith Globe. This is now a true range build. I use single Power Siphon with Herald of Ash on proliferation for AOE. I have Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Reduced Duration for fast positioning.

Very fun build so far and feeling strong. I will post some videos once I get better playing this build.

I am using the Witch flask nodes to buff all my flasks: Rumi's, Taste of Hate, Atziri Flask, etc.

I wanted to make it a CI or low-life build but it got too complicated with stun immunity and freezing, so I decided to make it pure life. Hopefully this will make it easier for others to try!

Coming from Bringer of Rain it feels weird to have 4 extra sockets available, will try and experiment with some interesting setups.

My current tree:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 28, 2015, 11:44:21 AM
Quick vid on 78 Palace map. Gear still not fully complete.

http://youtu.be/C3hWjIlAQUc

I am at ~73% block, 75% spell block with Rumi's flask. I get hit more than usual by melee enemies because this is a new build for me - I will try and incorporate blind / frost wall / immortal call. Testing right now with Tabula Rasa with Phys to Light gem for shocks. Expect to be above 4K HP with real chest. Herald of Ash proliferation for AOE.

Updated Tree:
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 28, 2015, 3:55:42 PM
Atziri Video:

http://youtu.be/GLY51zl5rdo

LINKS:

Chest: Power Siphon - Phys to Light - WED - Faster Attacks - PPAD - [Pierce / Additional Accuracy / LMP]

Since I like using Frost Walls, I decided to use Pierce + pierce nodes (100% pierce chance) so that I can still shoot through the frost walls.

Boots: Reduced Mana - Hatred - Herald of Ash - Ele Prolif

Gloves: CWDT - Frost Wall - Inc Duration - Blood Rage

Helm: CWDT - Arc - COH (20/20) - Temporal Chains (20/20)

Wand: Light Warp - Faster Casting - Reduced Duration

Shield: Vaal Grace - Faster Casting - Inc. Duration

CWDT SET-UPS:

I am really liking the Arc + COH + Temp Chains set up as anything close gets slowed to a crawl. The Arc is low-level and can chain 3 times so I can slow up to 4 nearby targets.

The Frost Wall setup is to prevent getting rushed by melee enemies, it helps a lot with giving you space but ONLY if you have high pierce chance close to 100% chance to pierce. Otherwise you may not be able to sustain your attacks because they will not pass the frost wall and so you cannot leech.

FLASKS:

Flasks are a HUGE part of this build with the Alchemist node. You are getting a massive buff to Taste of Hate, Atziri, Rumi, Jade etc from the Alchemist nodes.

You also get a massive boost to elemental resistance flasks.

Your flasks also have increased duration.

DEFENCE:

- ~40% base evasion
- ~71% block
- ~73% spell block (if I can find a better Rumi I will be at max blocks for both)
- CWDT - COH - Temporal Chains
- CWDT - Frost Wall
- Vaal Grace

OFFENCE:

- Hatred + Taste of Hate + Flask Buff = extremely high cold added as % of physical
- Phys to Light support gem + Witch Wand Nodes = extremely high lightning added as % of physical
- Atziri Flask + Flask buff = very high chaos added as % of physical AND elemental damage
- Easy to use full set up for AOE and single target. If you need more single target you can swap in Additional Accuracy for Pierce like I do in the Atziri video.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 1, 2015, 12:21:49 AM
Level 78 Palace Map - 2x Dominus Compilation:

http://youtu.be/lAybuz-NOvg

New vid showing double Palace bosses. I try different strategies for this map. First map shows CWDT + Arc+ COH + Temporal Chains and CWDT + Frost Wall. 2nd map uses Arctic Breath instead of Frost Wall and linked to CWS so that I can use a higher level Arctic Breath which gives longer duration for ground ice. The ground ice provides chill which stacks with the slow from Temporal Chains resulting in a massive reduction in enemy speed.

The 3rd map I tried something different - I used the ascending stairs by Dominus to avoid all his lightning ghosts which made the fight a lot easier.

For the last 2 maps you can see I removed Blood Rage since I do not do much physical damage. I have a bit lower attack speed as a result. I have also removed Taste of Hate and use Atziri's flasks which gives a higher DPS increase than Taste of Hate and leech as well. Unfortunately without Taste of Hate it is harder to maintain freeze on Dominus.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 3, 2015, 11:45:01 PM
Hit level 80 yesterday. I must say that this build is a real pain to level because the wand nodes are so far on the tree you will not start getting them until level 65+. So I think leveling with a different skill even like Light Strike or Spectral Throw will work and then switching to wand once you get more of the wand nodes.

Although I noticed it is much easier to level now since you can go to your hideout and start doing maps when you are level 64 for 66 maps and then keep doing maps, then come back to finish all of Act 3 when you are at a high level.

Plan is to get to level 90-93.
New vid:

Olmec's Sanctum:

http://youtu.be/zHD651nngB0

Gonna see if I can get 100% pierce from using pierce nodes + projectile weakness-COH so that I can free up a gem slot.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 22, 2015, 9:15:47 AM
Even though it uses the very popular mechanic of burn proliferation, the idea of relying on flask effect nodes to maximize damage and block/spell block through Rumi is very interesting indeed and should make the build quite intense to play ! Might do that on one of my characters kind of thing once next reset hits, should probably be more interesting than more classical wander builds :)
"
Vadler wrote:
Even though it uses the very popular mechanic of burn proliferation, the idea of relying on flask effect nodes to maximize damage and block/spell block through Rumi is very interesting indeed and should make the build quite intense to play ! Might do that on one of my characters kind of thing once next reset hits, should probably be more interesting than more classical wander builds :)

Thanks for posting. Yes the flask nodes and block aspect make it different from other wand builds. I also wanted to go with Ranger because she is awesome. She also has easier time getting higher accuracy and evasion than say Witch. I see a lot of wand builds using Kinetic Blast, which has better AOE but I feel Power Siphon is the best skill for this build overall.

I like ranged builds that can go 1H + shield (only LS, Spectral Throw, or wander I guess) since you have the potential to get a lot of block and be more defensive than a bow build.

Although I must caveat that the build can get expensive since you need good phys wand, Rumi flask, and Taste of Hate to truly shine.
Also, something interesting I thought about a while ago is the use of block and Acrobatics together. Spell block more precisely.
Acrobatics gives you 30% less block, HOWEVER, you can scale spell block very high with the help of something like Saffel (Or Rathpith) + Lazhwar + Rainbows to easily get very high spell block and maxed spell block with a Rumi's, even with Acrobatics.

Could be interesting. Could be crap. Don't know yet, just wanted to share the idea :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info