WINDESTANZ WAND POWER SIPHON - FLASKS, EVA/BLOCK+SPELL BLOCK *ATZIRI*

"
Vadler wrote:
Also, something interesting I thought about a while ago is the use of block and Acrobatics together. Spell block more precisely.
Acrobatics gives you 30% less block, HOWEVER, you can scale spell block very high with the help of something like Saffel (Or Rathpith) + Lazhwar + Rainbows to easily get very high spell block and maxed spell block with a Rumi's, even with Acrobatics.

Could be interesting. Could be crap. Don't know yet, just wanted to share the idea :)

Thanks for sharing, This is interesting because I do not really rely on my regular block for the majority of time I play. The only downside is that Acro and Phase Acro take up a good amount of points. I will have to test it out.

I am also looking at better defense options for cast on stun and cwdt. Another thing I might try is to remove phys to light and see if that can be replaced with ICD or another damage gem. I've noticed that converting too much physical to elemental damage is not always good as most bosses have high resistances and the more phys I have the more I benefit from leech from blood rage and Mind Drinker for mana leech.
Just calculated with Rathpith, Lazhwar and Rainbows, with flask nodes + Rumi's and 7% spell block on tree (supposing perfect rolls) :
135% of block applies to spells
So it's :
25 + (1.3*30) = 64 block with Rumi's
1.35 * 64 + 7 + 15*1.3 = 112.9 spell block
112.9 * 0.7 = 79.03 spell block with Acrobatics and Rumi's
64 * 0.7 = 44.8 block with Acrobatics and Rumi's

So block chance is not maxed out (but we have no block chance on the tree, only 7% spell block) even with Rumi's but we have max spell block and we can run Acro/Phase Acro for an additional layer of defence with 40% dodge/30% spell dodge.

Combinin all that we have :
- Evasion and doubled Evasion for projectile attacks with Ondar's
- 40% dodge chance and 30% spell dodge chance
- 44% block and 75% spell block

With Rumi's up, we can consider that a spell has 0.7*0.24 = 17,5% chance to hit us !

I think I'll give it a try as a wander when next reset hits.
Though, probably not with a prolif build, since we all suspect burn prolif to be nerfed badly in 1.4
"
Vadler wrote:
Just calculated with Rathpith, Lazhwar and Rainbows, with flask nodes + Rumi's and 7% spell block on tree (supposing perfect rolls) :
135% of block applies to spells
So it's :
25 + (1.3*30) = 64 block with Rumi's
1.35 * 64 + 7 + 15*1.3 = 112.9 spell block
112.9 * 0.7 = 79.03 spell block with Acrobatics and Rumi's
64 * 0.7 = 44.8 block with Acrobatics and Rumi's

So block chance is not maxed out (but we have no block chance on the tree, only 7% spell block) even with Rumi's but we have max spell block and we can run Acro/Phase Acro for an additional layer of defence with 40% dodge/30% spell dodge.

Combinin all that we have :
- Evasion and doubled Evasion for projectile attacks with Ondar's
- 40% dodge chance and 30% spell dodge chance
- 44% block and 75% spell block

With Rumi's up, we can consider that a spell has 0.7*0.24 = 17,5% chance to hit us !

I think I'll give it a try as a wander when next reset hits.
Though, probably not with a prolif build, since we all suspect burn prolif to be nerfed badly in 1.4

Yup you are right! If you like that kind of style you may want to try and build wiht Saffell's Frame. I've actually been working on an upgrade for my LS build that uses quad-defenses. Once I realized the spell block is calculated before the acro penalty to your block it became much feasible to do this with non-legacy gear, and gives more flexibility since you do not need Stone of Lazhwar with Saffell's. The build uses permanent Immortal Call, Saffell's Frame, Alchemist Flask nodes, Acro, Phase Acro, Ondar's Guile, Blind, and Max Spell Block. For physical damage you have permanent immortal call. I cover elemental damage from spells with the 75% max spell block, spell dodge, as well as +max res from Saffell's and +13% max res from resistance flasks due to flask node boost. I cover elemental damage from attacks with blind, evasion & ondar's and dodge; you can use Enfeeble for further reduction to enemy accuracy. You also have the +max res advantage against elemental attacks.

If you throw in a Purity aura you can get to 98% resistances.

Damage is very high as well, and you have flexibility to use range with Lightning Strike. Downside is that it is a bit more advanced to play because you have to manage enduring cry + immortal call, as well as Rumi's flasks for your blocks.

For extra defense you can throw in Vaal Grace or Vaal Immortal Call depending on your preferences.

This kind of build I expect can easily do Uber.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 29, 2015, 12:44:07 AM
Mmmh, it sure seems even more interesting, since getting high block with Acro is hard, going for Immortal Call could be the solution !
Though, if you go for non-legacy Saffell's with Rainbowstrides for spellblock, you can't get to 75% with just a Rumi's + flask nodes and the tree, counting in the 7% spell block from the tree, without taking other block nodes.
Or do you plan to have a BoR as well (since you're talking about blind, I assume so) ? Then you'll need to have a legacy one with 15% block to get to 75% spell block and you'll need a perfect Rumi as well, which is kinda hard to get. Or simply have a legacy Saffel/legacy Rumi's and everything goes very smoothly from there !
Actually, it could be worth it to make two versions of the build : one using legacy items and one without them.

Something that could very well work without any legacy gear is to get a Lazhwar and a Saffell together, thus freeing up the boots for Atziri's Step for example, to get to 130% of block chance applying to spell block, allowing you to reach the spell block cap with a good rolled Rumi's. Also, you get 46% spell dodge with Atziri's Step ;)

About the Purities, for a nonlegacy version, I think BoR is not that interesting anymore (could be, for the blind and 6% block make it easier to reach spell block cap) considering an Alpha's Howl makes it much more easier to run 2/3 purities (and eventually get them to lvl 23) with some other things for a bit of dps, if you take some aura nodes on the tree.

Yes, such a build should definitely be able to do Uber, since you get even more defences than the perma-IC and perma-flasks builds.
It's kinda like : "Lol, just try to hit me ! Oh you did ? Too bad you're not doing anything to me"

Edit :
For a wander tree, this could be good : http://poeurl.com/zitMX4W
With this, you get 145% max life which is decent and you can run, with an Alpha's, 2 Purities + Hatred + Herald of Ash somewhere.
Of course, not running Herald of Ash or Hatred would make it much easier on the mana reservation and you could drop some aura nodes to get more points. Though, you won't be able to use Ele Prolif with Herald of Ash here.
I think I'll try and do this build as a wander in 1.4 if the tree makes it possible, it seems like a very interesting and viable idea :)
Last edited by Vadler on Mar 29, 2015, 6:32:32 AM
By the way, for the one-month SC league, I'm going to try and run a Point Blank Ice Shot build relying on pierce chance, shock/burn proliferation and massive hits with Chin Sol and Point Blank. The twist here is the Point Blank keystone which will be used with Ice Shot, to generate massive hits for HoA, and not only with a Puncture trap, like in other builds.

Kind of a mix between this wander build and the earlier Point Blank idea. I'll tell you how it goes :)
Where is your gear and why isn't it linked? Can you link it?
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
Zedda wrote:
Where is your gear and why isn't it linked? Can you link it?

Hi, sorry for late reply. Once I got to level 92 and did Atziri I respecc'd my character to try a different build - the gear I was using is here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1218705/page/1#p10283281

Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 23, 2015, 8:21:27 AM
Will you be updating this for 2.0? as it seems like a lot of fun :)
"
G3nobee56 wrote:
Will you be updating this for 2.0? as it seems like a lot of fun :)

Hi bro. I will update for 2.0 this weekend. Very little changes - Power Siphon is buffed, wands I think are buffed (need to check this), and we remove Ondar's Guile from tree. Everything else is the same.

I will post new tree when I get a chance.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 16, 2015, 2:21:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info