Did you remove /oos or fix desync?

I have desync issues here and there, less than most I think but understand it's going to happen. Managed to get a true melee (cleave and double strike) to the mid 60s and still going in HC merciless so dealing with it is not entirely empossible, we live we learn we use any little trick we can to tell when things are off and then pray.

I do however suddenly have concerns about this idea that you "want" us to miss sometimes... we already have that mechanic in place, it's evasion and accuracy. If you're wanting us to miss beyond that, to randomly attack thin air for seconds at a time instead of even making an attack roll against the enemies evasion then I am worried as to why and hope that I am just misunderstanding the statement. If too many people have 95% chance to hit too easily just increase monsters evasion rates, don't punish us with random extra miss because the enemy is not really there trolling.

Great game guys, know your working hard and we all appreciate it no matter what sometimes gets said here or there.
All I got from that post was...

Don't expect a fix anytime soon, we're going with the "desyncs are intended by our design choice" excuse.

Then tries to shift focus by bringing up something that infuriates all PoE players, and comparing a flank steak to a filet...

FYI... I never desync'd in D2 buddy, so don't say that's the reasons, you intended us to miss. I missed like crazy in D2, but never freakin' desync on 13 year old hardware. It's 2013 man...

Ya... Well looks like unplayable servers for the long haul.

Maybe it's time to go back to that "lack of challenge" game, since at least I'm able to interact and the servers actually respond to my freaking clicking.

Really disappointed GGG... Had great hope for this game, but that response was not helpful.
Last edited by StinkFinger on Feb 8, 2013, 4:01:40 AM
Can't believe I'm saying this, but yes please add rubber banding if that will make the game more in sync. Right now it seems like I rubber band anyway, except I can't see it or prepare for it at all, I just take thousands of damage for no reason and nearly die...
Hardcore 4 life!
I have desync all the time, because i use a skill( shield charge) that causes it
frequently and i have yet to die because of it ( dying from other things )
Thanks @zankioh - we're very keen to resolve this in the best way for the players and the game - not as straightforward as we might hope but certainly makes for an interesting challenge!

@peachii - thank you and the others in the community for your support and understanding - I'm hoping that via the forthcoming BTS videos I can help people remember we're roughly 20 people (give or take a few contractors) based in Auckland, New Zealand with no prior AAA development track record whereas Blizzard has 4,700 employees in 11 cities (according to Wikipedia) and a number of the most successful AAA titles of all time under their belt. The goal is not to garner sympathy but to provide more insight into our process and our constraints with the hope that people may be more understanding of the choices we make.
"
StinkFinger wrote:

Don't expect a fix anytime soon, we're going with the "desyncs are intended by our design choice" excuse.

Then tries to shift focus by bringing up something that infuriates all PoE players, and comparing a flank steak to a filet...

FYI... I never desync'd in D2 buddy, so don't say that's the reasons, you intended us to miss. I missed like crazy in D2, but never freakin' desync on 13 year old hardware. It's 2013 man...

Maybe it's time to go back to that "lack of challenge" game, since at least I'm able to interact and the servers actually respond to my freaking clicking.

Really disappointed GGG... Had great hope for this game, but that response was not helpful.

Nope, no desync on d2, just lots of rubberbanding and black walls of death.

Cya.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
StinkFinger wrote:

Sorry I was no help to you Stinkfinger - as I said in my post, the real person with the real response will be along as soon as we can manage it. But your accusations of my intent in this post are disingenuous.

My post is for those who want to hear that:
a) we are aware of the issue - we're not denying or hiding from it
b) we have plans to deal with it again
c) server stability - whilst it has improved for many - is still our main priority at this stage. I'm sure we'd get a LOT more complaints if we didn't deal with that first.

"
StinkFinger wrote:

i don't think you ever played d2 brah

i also don't think you have put in much time in PoE either, since you seem to think the severs are "unplayable".

I think it is time for you to leave.
Regardless of the current issues with the game, BTS videos are a great idea. I'm looking forward to them!
"
StinkFinger wrote:

Give him a refund on the price of the game. . .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info