Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
princetonwu wrote:
I'm having issues with the DW build.
--2 sceptors for leap slam works, but LS is SO SLOW due to the animation delay. Meaning if I want in and out, that delay is going to kill me
--2 daggers allows me to use whirling blades, but then again I'm sacrificing 2 sceptors with implicit spell dmg

Enki has done away with the sceptor+shield, which allows us to use shield charge, which has the quick responsiveness as WB but allows us to still use +spell dmg on our items.

I guess TLDR: Anyone with issues with leap slam being too slow of a movement spell? the only fast spells i've seen are shield charge and whirling blades. Leap slam and flame dash have delays.

I use Flame Dash as my "Oh crap, get me out of here" button, and Leap Slam as my "that pack looks safe, let's get in the middle and proc Fortify" button.
I'm having trouble understanding why the consensus is that daggers are better than maces.

Is it strictly for the access to whirling blades for movement?

It seems to me that the implicit modifiers on mace (+40% elemental damage) outweighs the +global crit on daggers from a damage standpoint Though, tbh I haven't run that through PoB.

Or am I missing something?

TIA

maybe I'm being a noob but why is minion damage important?
"
sullisaur wrote:
maybe I'm being a noob but why is minion damage important?

From the POE wiki:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spiritual_Aid

Spiritual Aid is a notable passive skill that grants increased damage, accuracy and global accuracy for minions. Player is also affect by Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage.
Love the build but I'm starting to have survivability problems, especially vs range mobs. I get destroyed by the syndicate members.

I ran multiple merciless labs with no problem, but from T6 onward i die too much. It seems like my damage is too low.

almost 4.2K Hp/1.5K Mana 21K on arc. Max res

im working on getting Atziri flask and better weapons but how do you deal with range mobs?
Whirling Blades is the reason I won't switch back to Wand/Scepter. This is not a tanky build, so if you got to dip, you need to get there fast. And now with Betrayal bosses being OP jerks that can hit 6K eHP at yellow maps, kiting to safety is a must for regen and XP saving purposes. Since switching today, my overall deaths have dropped a lot and mainly lag deaths or random stun zerg.

The crit is not terrible, but you need crit elsewhere to get over the Controlled Destruction -100%. 2 daggers, spell crit on dagger, and something else only takes me to 9.1% crit, which is enough for more consistent Overload procs. Probably ways to turn this build into a crit build with some of the new crafts, but I'm good with it so far. Lab, T14, and low-tier Delve boss knocked out today.

"
Blacknfragger wrote:
thanks for making the build !

Essence Worm is a nice find for SSF, but not that great for this build IMO. The best aura I can think of for this build is Haste, but not enough to drop a ring for it. Wrath only provides % lightning damage (+ light to atks, not spells), and you can now craft a % dmg on rings on top of the defensive stats. IE: 1 of my rings has light/fire resist, 79 life, dex for daggers, and 13% lightning dmg. A level 23 Wrath is 22% lightning dmg only.

I'm not sure the chance of chancing (intended) a unique, but I feel it is pretty bad. A rare 6L corrupted might be easier and at least provide some stats to roll dmg on other slots. Good luck either way, but Inpulsa is more of a QOL than a necessity for this build.

"
alecs87 wrote:
im working on getting Atziri flask and better weapons but how do you deal with range mobs?

Change 3 points for Alchemist to Spiritual Aid for a nice damage boost.
You've stopped leveling some gems that need to keep going to like Decoy and Storm Brand.
Upgrade boots to 30% movement speed if you're not going to switch to daggers for Whirling Blades.
Upgrade jewel above starting, only adds 15% dmg.
Farm lower maps for XP and currency. You've got 2 jewel unlocks in 4 levels. And you're missing a skill point quest somewhere, so really only 3 levels.

Why the Added Cold? Doesn't get fluffed by lightning modifiers. If you need cold damage for procs, get an abyss jewel with cold and HP.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 10, 2018, 8:37:03 PM
Looking for advice on what gear/upgrades I should prioritize now, and the stats I should look out for? I'm a bit of a newb so I would appreciate the help.

Also, what can I do to increase my damage etc? Thank you very much!

I notice that people are using storm brand instead of orb of storms? Should I do this? I'm also using cold snap as that's what Enki is using for his char/build. I am open to any suggestions in terms of re-arranging my gems or spells etc. Thanks!

I don't see the brand node on any of the passive charts in the leveling guide or pastebin. Are we skipping the new brand node just to the left of Arcanist's Dominion? Thanks for what has to be the most thorough build I've run across.
"
jujib3z wrote:
Also, what can I do to increase my damage etc? Thank you very much!

Right dagger needs love. No spell dmg or cast speed.
Storm Brand is so much better than OoS now. Can have 3 of them and they actually do some dmg. (debating trying a Brand char next to see what leveling is like)
Cold Snap to 7 (slight increase to chill effect).
Craft on belt doesn't apply. Arc is a spell, not attack. Switch to Abyss with jewel if you got currency.
Change Sulphur to Silver for better clear speed until you get can Onslaught abyss jewel.
You've got Spiritual Aid now, so switch 2 crit points above starting to Lord of the Dead for 25% dmg.
1 stray dex point below Coordination. If you need dex, take the 30 dex near Elemental Overload and change left ring craft to dmg.
Both jewels and the upcoming jewels as you level need some attention when you get currency. Life + 1-3 dmg mods as you can afford them.
No movement speed on boots.
Gloves only provide 4L and some HP. Can get pretty cheap 4L with HP/resists to no longer need resist jewels.
Amulet only has 1 dmg mod and a bit of defensive. Cast speed, mana regen, more spell dmg, etc.

Check through the guide if you need suggestions on order of priority.

From there, it is just farming and slowly upgrading. Lower your tier for optimal speed clear as needed. Can I do red maps? Yea. But they take more than a few hits to clear and I can 1-shot normal up to some tier of yellow (re-leveling 20%, dmg dropped)

"
Mostlarge wrote:
I don't see the brand node on any of the passive charts in the leveling guide or pastebin. Are we skipping the new brand node just to the left of Arcanist's Dominion? Thanks for what has to be the most thorough build I've run across.

Brand is just for mana leech and a bit of damage. Replace it anywhere you see Orb of Storms mentioned in the leveling guide. Drop 3 of them before bosses or doing anything that spawns mobs like chests or Essences.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 10, 2018, 9:23:50 PM
Am I missing something? When did the shield charge mechanism change so drastically? O.o

Am I blind and just can't see it anymore? I was reading through the changelog but could not see any mention of it or the change to using daggers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info