Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Pls help . I'm level 86 while my DPS is so low around 18k , pls take a look at my character .
"
jiahao9222 wrote:
Pls help . I'm level 86 while my DPS is so low around 18k , pls take a look at my character .

Even i can try to help you :)
1st of all - tide up your skill gems. There is HUGE mess in it - you have 2x rally cry, faster instead of slower projectiles, i can't find the Ball Lighting skill anywhere in your inventory, the chest has VERY bad links.

Take a look on 2 sections from Enki's guid - the gems which he is suggesting as end-game, and on his current gem/item setup (there are slight differences). Also, the whole tab regarding the leveling is very usefull to know, which links are priority for this mechanic.

2nd - i can see you didn't picked the "Lighting Walker" in passive tree - another dmg boos for arc witch.

I'm also pretty "fresh" in PoE, maybe someone else will find some more ideas how to help you :)
I'm using this build as a starter for this league (was busy from irl until now)

should I get a rare 6L staff and rare 6L chest, or should I get (two?) 5L Pledge of Hands and a 5L Inpulsa?

I originally intended to use this build to start a bank to fund crit storm call inquisitor, but I'm liking this build so far, its easy to use and is reasonably sustainable(at my current stage) so I'm considering investing everything into this instead of creating another character in the future.

and thank you for writing this guide.
"
jiahao9222 wrote:

By this point you should have at least 4 linked sockets on your chest with Ball Lightning and it's supports.

Not sure why you would socket Spell Echo in the Pledge with you Arc. Pledge of hands grants a level 30 Spell Echo without socketing a gem.

As suggested above, have a look at the gem set up section. There is a special entry for pledge of hands near the bottom, the ball lightning set up is earlier in the section. All gem listings are in order of priority.

No empower gem in your arc set up. Even at level 3, an empower gem adds two levels to your arc.

Part of the problem is that your gems are not fully leveled yet, I see several 18-19. Eventually you will want the level corruptions on arc, ball lightning and empower as well.

Any 4-5 link chest is better than Inpulsa's for you at this point. Linked sockets trump the unique property to my thinking. If you can get the links on Inpulsa then great, otherwise, use a rare with the links until you can.

Get a Kitava's Thirst and socket your conductivity, desecrate, bone offering, and molten shell there. Use fevered mind jewel until your Arc and Ball Lightning are fully leveled and linked to make the mana requirements for autocasting.

You have over leveled your arcane surge. As the guide mentions, this should be max level 8. By over leveling, you are almost never getting the benefit of the surge.

Not related to damage, but, I also notice that you are missing the basalt flast and Stone of Lazhwar amulet. The rare ring is totally off. Should be 60+ life and resistances first, then other stats.

Enki has also linked his gear and gem set-up in the my character section to use as an example.

It will take some work to redo your gem set-ups and the missing items, but the work will be rewarded. I believe Enki mentioned at some point that his Arc set up was around 33+k once complete. Mine is 29k at the moment, but I am still working on the levels and quality on my gems.

As Zeratul_PL mentioned most of your gem set-ups are nowhere close to what is listed in the guide. Have a look at it more carefully and adjust as needed. If you are still having difficulty at that point, then post again and ask for help.

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
"
Hawgnes wrote:
I'm using this build as a starter for this league (was busy from irl until now)

should I get a rare 6L staff and rare 6L chest, or should I get (two?) 5L Pledge of Hands and a 5L Inpulsa?

I originally intended to use this build to start a bank to fund crit storm call inquisitor, but I'm liking this build so far, its easy to use and is reasonably sustainable(at my current stage) so I'm considering investing everything into this instead of creating another character in the future.

and thank you for writing this guide.

As the guide mentions Pledge of hands and Inpulsa's are considered the BIS, but there are alternatives listed and rares can be used until you acquire them and get appropriate sockets/links.

A few people have commented on using 5-links for staff/chest and having it be viable. For the short term, it should work, but you will need to use a Fevered Mind jewel in your skill tree in order to make the mana requirements for the auto-casting from Kitava's Thirst. Longer term, you will of course want to move to 6 links. More links, more damage. :)

You will only need two 6L set-ups at the maximum set up for the guide. Those who have discussed using a second 6L Pledge are wanting to move the ball lightning from the chest to the second pledge to take advantage of the built in level 30 spell echo on it, which makes a pledge functionally a 7 link.

I switched to a 6l Pledge fairly early due to lucky link rolling, but used a 4 link rare chest for quite a while until I could get the Inpulsa's set up properly (900 fuselings later, doh).

Have a look back through the last several pages, I know the 5-link set up was discussed in the last few weeks.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

Last edited by Dspayre on Feb 7, 2018, 4:03:46 AM
If only someone with the right Watcher's Eye would login so I could buy it... haha.

I have made some modest improvements to my gear based on your recommendations and can feel their impact in-game. Cheers!
hohoho, I finally got ahold of a player and bought the Watcher's Eye for 4ex. I have suddenly become Superman.
"
ZROGST wrote:
hohoho, I finally got ahold of a player and bought the Watcher's Eye for 4ex. I have suddenly become Superman.

Glad my thoughts were of use.

I know, Watcher's Eye makes a huge difference when you get it. I think Enki should add it to the guide.

Have fun.

I have question: What Gem setup will be good for 6L Pledge if i cant afford Empower (lvl 4) and Arc (lvl 21) ?

I found these gloves in a drop recently and thought they might be good for ball lightning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info