[3.3] Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner & SSF-friendly Lightning Caster - Lv100 SSF / U.Elder down in St

Hello Arc lovers!
May i ask u, if you can look at my character and give me some ideas/tips how to improve a little bit?

Yesterday, I finally get rid of Fevered Mind cose i bought 6link Pledge of Hands (and that was huge boost, from 15-17k dps on Arc and mainly, the surviability cose i dont run out of mana every pakc of mobs ^^ )

I still didn't craft stat on my gloves -> the reason is cose i have to buy new boots (I destroed mine cose i didn't know that enchant replace resists on two-toned boots :((( ) and then add resist to cap even without chest (preparation for unique one)

And then i dont have 20% gems. I'll improve this after i ding 20levels with them. Arc and Ball lightning are already done.

My witch char is called Nargoss
So if you have time and i don't mind, take a look i'll be grateful.

Cheers

Narg

EDIT: btw, you guys dont use any +quantity/+quality items?
I run 5link lightning tendrills with culling/+item quantity (i have this from Poe beta, i used to play poe in 2011 for a while ) + item quality
To finish bosses. But that is the only +quality/+quantity boost i have right now. U don't miss it?
Last edited by Nargoron on Feb 14, 2018 2:06:42 AM
"
Nargoron wrote:
Hello Arc lovers!
May i ask u, if you can look at my character and give me some ideas/tips how to improve a little bit?

Yesterday, I finally get rid of Fevered Mind cose i bought 6link Pledge of Hands (and that was huge boost, from 15-17k dps on Arc and mainly, the surviability cose i dont run out of mana every pakc of mobs ^^ )

I still didn't craft stat on my gloves -> the reason is cose i have to buy new boots (I destroed mine cose i didn't know that enchant replace resists on two-toned boots :((( ) and then add resist to cap even without chest (preparation for unique one)

My witch char is called Nargoss
So if you have time and i don't mind, take a look i'll be grateful.

Cheers

Narg


Hello There :)
1st passive tree - i can see you've picked not the best way to pick Celestial stats (far left side) - instead of pickinck 1 skill point on 6% elemental dmg, you could pick 2x 12% lighting damage = large increase of dmg from Arc and Ball lighting.
2nd Jewels - you are missing "Spiritted response", it should be placed near Mind Over Matter skill - this will improve your life sustain a lot.
Rest seems pretty fine. Currently, this might be pretty hard to get some more improvement, as you are "not saving on your arc witch" - you have pretty end-game items, so all possible improvemnts will be very costly, but with just a little bit of improve.
You can take a look on mine witch - face tanking bosses on maps t8 and t9 (ofc not all, but most of them) without even need to move a little bit, mana is always there, dmg is decent (before reseting some of the skill gems to 20% quality, arc had around 14k dps).
Remember, that this build isn't that clear in terms of "numeric dps". First, lighting skills have a huge range between the lowest and the highest dmg per skill. Secondly, you don't really have skill which can be measured by the in-game dps meters - Arc is jumping from one mob to another, so it could be the calculated dps, multiplied by 7 or even more. Ball lighting - with slower projectails, in most cases bosses are hit not by 1 ball, but by 5 up to 8 - so the dps is also multiplied.
Hello Enki! Hope you rmb me. Ive been using this build for quite some time now and love how fast i can run the maps. However, i keep dying since my resistances are so low and i don't know how to craft the favourable stats at all. Is there any way that you could help me with this problem? I'm stuck at lvl 82 since I just cant level up with all my noob deaths. Please help!!
"
Zeratul_PL wrote:

Hello There :)
1st passive tree - i can see you've picked not the best way to pick Celestial stats (far left side) - instead of pickinck 1 skill point on 6% elemental dmg, you could pick 2x 12% lighting damage = large increase of dmg from Arc and Ball lighting.


Good one! I didn't noticed it's +12%, easy to fix, thanks!

"
Zeratul_PL wrote:

2nd Jewels - you are missing "Spiritted response", it should be placed near Mind Over Matter skill - this will improve your life sustain a lot.


Wow, interesting, i have to try this! Could be very helpful to keep my manapool/surviability.

"
Zeratul_PL wrote:

Remember, that this build isn't that clear in terms of "numeric dps". First, lighting skills have a huge range between the lowest and the highest dmg per skill. Secondly, you don't really have skill which can be measured by the in-game dps meters - Arc is jumping from one mob to another, so it could be the calculated dps, multiplied by 7 or even more. Ball lighting - with slower projectails, in most cases bosses are hit not by 1 ball, but by 5 up to 8 - so the dps is also multiplied.


Yea, i know, iam using this dps just to compere my dps against my old dps that iam sure its imrpovement but i understand that higher dps tooltip doesn't meen better build ;)

But again, thanks for help Zeratul, my slavic brother.


Ok and what about item quality / quantity?
Nobody is trying to improve in this way? +q/+q on maps is enough for you?
Iam thinking to use bisco's collar for lower maps... but it could be dangerous when u lose like 30% of block chance of spells.
Apologies for my lack of replies recently, still not feeling well. I really appreciate everyone taking their time to answer some of the questions in here. I'll go over anything that wasn't answered yet now:

@Zeratul_PL: You probably figured it by now, but just for the record Rallying Cry (or all warcries for that matter) can't be triggered and have to be used manually.

Playing in a party actually only increases the monsters life, their damage is unaffected but their higher survivability can possibly let them land another 1-2 hits, and things like chain mapmod become more dangerous.

@Faesroll: Keep the Basalt Flask, otherwise you would lose one important immunity-suffix on flasks. Your gear looks great, one thing that you could do to cap block is get some elder gloves with 4-5% block chance, with an open suffix you can even add another 2% with Haku and then possibly switch your Lazhwar to a rare with life and spellblock.

@Se6a: Use the same gems, but one level lower. Otherwise you would have to recolour your Pledge when you eventually can afford them.

@fussle: Something like that looks good for Ball Lightning. I've intentionally left out all those crazy shaped/elder gem combinations due to their rarity when coupled with other good stats, and since i assume someone who gets hold of one of those items or goes hard on this build will be able to tell if they can make it work with their very own setup.

@Akkuron: Perandus Blazon is ok for a start, but in the long run you really want a belt with proper life and flask duration.

@Nargoron: I'd recommend use Goldwyrm + a shaped amulet with spellblock and life instead, and put your Item Quantity gem on Arc - it has overall more impact on clearing than on bosses.

The issue with Bisco's is its usually high price and more importantly, it needs lots of investment to really shine. To get good returns through Biscos you'd want to maximize the number of white mobs on your maps, which means each needs to be rolled for high packsize and no extra magic/rare mobs, sextants that add extra monsters and Zana Breach mod.
For just regular casual mapping you won't notice much of a difference, a few more 6S items and some lower raw currency but that's about it. Personally i got all my big ticket drops (Mirror of Kalandra, Fiend/Doctor cards & several T1 uniques) without Biscos and any IIQ on gear. When i've used Biscos until Lv100 in Legacy it was mostly just for Relic Keys back then.

@fatdugong: Hey, i do remember you! Try to level up your Haku, Elreon and Tora to help with crafting resistances, and use poeaffix or the advanced mod descriptions ingame to check if a piece of gear has an open suffix slot to craft a resistance.
If you play on Xbox it's probably really hard to find decent gear with mastercraft potential for sale, on PC you can take the "How to buy cheap gear" section as guidance.
___________________________________________________

At everyone planning to buy some more expensive stuff for this build soon, please keep in mind we're close to another big patch. I could see a nerf or rework to Necromancer and/or Bone Offering or even an Elementalist buff good enough to justify using it again coming, which would make me rework the build completely. There's also some other improvements i'd like to make, that were too impactful to do mid-league while people are already invested into this setup.

Save investments are a 6L Inpulsa's, Lv21 Arc and Wrath/Clarity Watcher's Eye, everything else can potentially change.
twitch.tv/enki91
@Enki
I hope you will get well really soon :)

Currently, i'm just after reseting my skill gems to +20% quality, so my dmg is disaster ;( but it's going pretty fast to lvl up gems on tier 6-t10 :D The problem was yesterday - me and my firend finnaly dropped tier 11 or 12 map. Easy decision - if we are farming tier 8 and 9 without problems (i can even face tank bosses), we made the map on rare + corruption to fill the atlas. The moment when we entered boss was one of the funniest moments yesterday - it was a race, which of us will die faster xD We had no chances agains him (can't find the map name, the boss was red guy with skill that in front of him, a lot of tentacles/ arms attacks in a cone, if i remember correctly, there is 2nd stage but we didn't manage to get there).

Later, we finnaly unlocked the last ascendancy, but tried it for fun only - when i've died on instant without any reason, we were so shocked (no minions around, just instant hp pool run to 0%), we came back on the normal maps farming :)

Currently, we are checking, what's the thing around Shaper and Elder (already 2 maps shaped). Probably, we will be smashed, but now we are not that focused on leveling etc, but on fun and learning the game as much as possible before the new league starts (we are playing on standard).

I hope you will be able to update the build etc on time :)

I still didn't figured out, what is the proper way of crafting/ collecting items for the mid-game/ early end-game. This would be pretty usefull for the start of new league, where end-game items will be pretty hard to find out. Could you share some tips according the mid-game, early end-game focuse? On what things we should be focused, how to effective upgrad the champs to not get stuck in one place. You know, who is standing in one place, in league he is getting too far behind the rest ;)
"
Zeratul_PL wrote:
@Enki

Currently, i'm just after reseting my skill gems to +20% quality, so my dmg is disaster ;( but it's going pretty fast to lvl up gems on tier 6-t10 :D The problem was yesterday - me and my firend finnaly dropped tier 11 or 12 map. Easy decision - if we are farming tier 8 and 9 without problems (i can even face tank bosses), we made the map on rare + corruption to fill the atlas. The moment when we entered boss was one of the funniest moments yesterday - it was a race, which of us will die faster xD We had no chances agains him (can't find the map name, the boss was red guy with skill that in front of him, a lot of tentacles/ arms attacks in a cone, if i remember correctly, there is 2nd stage but we didn't manage to get there).


What is your hp? It looks like your health are pretty low. Iam surpriced that u have no problem in t9 maps. I sometimes die even in t6-t7 and i have something like 4200hp.
Currently, i have around 3,8k HP, less than 3k MP, all ress 75% (except chaos, can't remember), mana regen around 300 mana per sec.

It's definitly enought to face tank most t9 maps with decent mods. Problem with mentioned high tier map was, that we made it rare + corruption = huge increase of dmg output from everything.

Normalny, my sustain is enought to stand still vs t8 bosses, just from time to time some flask. Tier 9 bosses are with some dodge, some flasks. So currently, i'm pretty satisfied with my survival. The only problem is, that sometimes i'm getting one shot for around 75% of my mana nad HP (or even one shot full hp) and idk from what. But now it's very very rare situation :)
This is my 1st character. How would you upgrade this character with low budget? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/marja/characters?characterName=Noitanaikkonen
Last edited by Marja on Feb 16, 2018 11:28:12 AM
First off, this guide is amazing. I play D3 every season and about once a year I think to try out PoE again because it looks so interesting. Every time I get to maps I get intimidated by the trading aspect and lose interest. This is the first time I've actually been able to assemble a reasonable character and really have fun in maps.

The question I have is about going into the next league. I realize things might/probably will change to make this build obsolete so I'm really looking for more general advice about transitioning from having beat the base game and maps. This league I was lucky and had an ex drop on my first day of struggling with low level maps and was able to buy basically my entire build that you see currently (maybe now I have 1.5-1.75 ex invested). The low 70's map struggle was for sure tough for me before the ex dropped and I'm worried that will happen again next season.

Secondly, if anyone had any advice about my next upgrade, it seems like pretty much everything left for me (besides small rare gear increases) are going to be at least a couple ex (for a 21/20 arc or a 6L Inpulsas). Am I at the point I should grind some lab for enchants? My masters aren't leveled high enough to change the crafted mods on my items, but I imagine that once I can it will be fairly easy to get my res back balanced out. I think I could squeeze in the wrath ring but it would take a big rework of my gear I think to get me back res capped.

Thanks for any help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info