Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Which setup would you recommend for SSF HC?

Had some other char before.. Some gear is ready.
"
sorcita wrote:
Which setup would you recommend for SSF HC?

Had some other char before.. Some gear is ready.

I'd go with the Inquisitor if you got some decent CI gear around.
Berserker works too, but i've tried it myself in SSF HC and it felt underwhelming until you have the right gear.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey gonna play your build hope its gonna be good for 3.0 thanks for all your work Enki, peace :)
"
MEELIX wrote:
Hey gonna play your build hope its gonna be good for 3.0 thanks for all your work Enki, peace :)

Hey there, thanks! Hope the new version won't disappoint :)
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey Enki,

First I'd like to thank for the great guide. I'm using it for my first character (well first over lv15) and I'm having a blast. Reading through it also helped me understand a lot of the more confusing concepts in poe.

I have a few questions:

1. Since ES is used to support the MOM EB defense system, wouldn't taking acrobatics and halving our ES be detrimental?

2. I've been having some mana problems. I'm at the end of act 4 cruel and I'm spending 250 mana/s on a six-linked arc. I'm having to use my flasks precisely to keep my mana up. Will EB, Zealots Oath, and Wicked Ward cover my mana problems? I'm not running clarity because grace is reserving 50% mana already.

Last edited by Linkthedog on Jul 12, 2017, 12:56:53 AM
@Linkthedog: Hey there, welcome to Path of Exile!

You're right that Acrobatics is detrimental if we just look at the ES pool, however the overall defensive gain is bigger as we get a better chance to completely ignore some damage and get our ES recharge to start.
Vaal Discipline used to give flat ES which we kinda relied on in dangerous situations, unfortunately this got nerfed but we can still reach a good enough ES pool.

Your mana cost seems a little high for your current level, are you using Voidbringers already?
If so, put your Arc setup (Arc - Echo - Lightning Pen - Leech) into them to profit from the +1 gem level, and use Lightning Tendrils in your 6L. This will result in lower tooltip on Arc, but actual damage output should stay similar when you shock enemies, while the mana cost will be much more managable.
The EB MoM ZO setup is also laid out for that and could probably not support a 6L Arc setup, and you can further smoothen it out with Vile Bastion.

I have to admit this whole setup is a bit wonky since the Vaal Discipline nerf, the new setup for next patch will be much better in this regard.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thanks for replying!

I've seen my mana issues mostly go away once I got EB, Zealots oath, and the Stone Golem up and running.

I can see how the ability to shock and the +1 to lightning gems could get me similar dps with a Voidbringers compared to a 6L. However, my crit/shock chance isn't very high right now, so I think I'll keep the 6L arc for now. Swapping in lightning tendrils before boss fights.

I have more questions if you don't mind:

1. Since we're using EB, could we get away with 100% mana reserved? In that case, I think something Herald of Thunder - Assassin's mark, Grace, and Artic armor could work.

2. Should I buy an empower gem? They seem really rare.

3. Is the chaos orb recipe worth doing? Why are rare rings so damn rare...

4. Is lightning warp - Less Duration a viable movement option?

Again, thanks so much for your help.
Last edited by Linkthedog on Jul 15, 2017, 5:44:03 PM
Thank you for the build, trying it in recent turmoil league.
A little note about leveling - Storm Call on early levels is much more convenient than Tendrils or Arc
Thanks for the guide!

But please tell me if I`m right- even with release 3.0 update, if I will build Occultist- witch, i will not be able to do all the content in the game?

I`m newbie, and I`m looking for a good build that allows me to kill all the bosses and clear all maps (generally, I want to destroy everything in this game:)). This build looks very interesting- playstyle is really climatic and looks like it can give much pleasure. But as i said- I want to do everything in the game and I dont want to stop in one moment with necessity to give up hours of play to build another champ able to kill the best bosses.

Thanks once again for your effort!
@Linkthedog: Yes to all those questions pretty much, but let's go a bit more into detail:

1. This should work fine, but keep in mind while using Ele Focus with Arc you won't shock, and with that can't proc the secondary effect of HoT unless you use Vinktars. You'll also miss out on the flat crit chance Ass Mark adds on some bosses, but that's only a minor issue.

2. Yeah, i recommend get a cheap corrupted Lv3 right away, they can take a long time to level.

3. Some people tend to disagree, but imo it's good to do to build up some base currency pool.
One trick you can do if you miss jewelry is pick up higher level white jewelry bases in maps and mass alch them - sell the good ones and keep the rest for chaos recipes. This of course takes some initial investment in alchs and only works with the identified chaos recipe, but it can pay off.

4. LW is pretty good with enough cast speed, but it feels weird to some people.
If you do like it then there's nothing wrong with using it. If you got the spare socket, you can also add Rapid Decay for some extra reduced duration to make it even faster.

@Oozeling: Thanks! Never actually tried Storm Call early on, but i can see that working.
Gonna play around a bit with that in beta when i got some time. Also, good luck in Turmoil!

@toxic992: The new version might actually be able to do all bosses, but that mostly depends on how potent Storm Burst turns out as single target skill.
I've already killed all Guardians with the test version in Standard using Tendrils for single target, couldn't beat Shaper yet (i honestly suck at the fight) and haven't tested Uber Atziri.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info