Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

@galuf: Thanks for your feedback. I must agree, the meta during Perandus was clearly not in favor for this build. Spark was downright broken and together with other top builds doable on a very low budget, mostly thanks to Cadiro, which unfortunately gave a large amount of players a wrong perception about builds. I hope this thinking won't last into Prophecy.

That being said, this build is very flexible in terms of mapmods. Only thing we really can't run are reflect - need to test this with the new Elementalist route, but even if possible the other 3 classes will still have issues.
I've worked on most weak points i've noticed during playing it in Perandus and feedback of other players, and hope together with buffs coming in Prophecy it'll feel more well-rounded now.

One thing that can't really be fixed is the single target issue, that's just a problem with Arc on bosses without adds to chain from. I've tried every single possible way around it, all kinds of skills etc. but nothing felt better than simply using Arc.
Only working solution i've seen was what Foxtactics is doing with his AoF Arcer, killing bosses through VRF and high burn damage. But ripping off his idea to push this build further is not a solution for me.

@doroni: I've extensively tested this new setup (without the new Elementalist stuff, obviously) for a few days to eliminate possible flaws beforehand, and must say it feels very good as posted.

Warlord's on Blasphemy allows us to keep leech for bosses without having to waste more slots for a secondary WM setup, and as a bonus also gives us enough mana leech to drop Clarity completely.
This doesn't just give us even more free sockets, but also makes running %reduced regen and no regen maps easier to run.
The AoE won't cover the whole screen (atleast not without Pendulum of Destruction), but it's good enough for i'd say 90% of situations you run into while mapping.

Feel free to play around with dualcurse setups, the build is pretty flexible in this regard.
twitch.tv/enki91
I played Perandus as an Occultist getting to level 88 before giving up due to dying every few hours (mostly my fault...). Does playing as a different character add the opportunity for a little more survivability?
@teerick: Elementalist should take out the biggest danger (reflect), the rest will come down to gear or playstyle.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Grownupfun wrote:
2.3 Paragon of Calamity "50% Reduced Elemental Damage Taken" Reduced, Not Less. In case this wasn't clear for anyone else. I was thinking our reflect damage would get cut in half... the wording does not support that mechanic, FYI!!!

Still strong, maybe still worth getting, not as OP as I originally thought.

In this case, "reduced" is actually much better than "less". If that passive were "less", it would always cut <whatever reflect dmg you're taking> in half. (multiplicative stacking - with the ring, taking the 70% taken to half; meaning 35% taken)

With "reduced", it stacks additively with all other sources of "reduced reflect", for the time being the sybil's lament ring only, becoming 50%+30% reduction, thus taking only 20% (or 1/5th) of the original damage. If other sources become available, you will become near immune, or immune (in the case of 100% "reduced") to reflect.
So is Occultist still viable, seems like I will have to branch out and grab whispers of doom if I still want the dual curse setup. From reading the comments, it feels like the major benefit is the 50% reduced reflect damage.

I am actually running assassin's mark just so I get PCs a lot more consistently.
@Zelta: Viable yes, but i highly recommend switching to Elementalist. The reduced reflect damage taken is a big deal, and you get a huge damage (and aoe for blasphemy) boost on top.
twitch.tv/enki91
Why no passive skills that boozt lightning dmg?
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Zelta: Viable yes, but i highly recommend switching to Elementalist. The reduced reflect damage taken is a big deal, and you get a huge damage (and aoe for blasphemy) boost on top.

Thanks. Switched to Elementalist and it's working out pretty well, orb of storm felt a bit clunky with the placement/ramp up time, although it's more consistent compared to herald. Still using Herald with poacher's mark/coh for added damage however, but switched to blasphemy+warlords on the other gem setup which is working really well.

Last edited by Zelta on Jun 5, 2016, 8:09:13 AM
@mhj87: Spell/Elemental/Lightning damage are all equal for this build, so we just take whatever of those are most efficient for this builds pathing and concept.

@Zelta: Great to hear! Need to test the new Elementalist with this build myself still, prolly gonna do that tomorrow.
twitch.tv/enki91
What is the difference in damage with assassin versus elementalist? I was assassin last league and it was great but i died to reflect a lot. I am liking the idea of elementalist but i do not want to lose too much damage.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info