Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

@Grownupfun: Dropping VP is something i'll have to test. Would be great if it works, we could put that into possibly more life or something else.
Dual CotB is an option, but i personally don't really like the loss of life and resistances. May not even be able to cap resistances for Coil that way without too many losses on other parts. Again, something i'll have to give some test runs to weigh out pros/cons in practice.

@Caelsora: I'm not completely sure about the Ascendancy nodes yet. Liege of the Primordial and Paragon of Calamity for sure, they will give us huges benefits. Mastermind of Discord could have its uses with Flame Dash/Frost Bomb usage, Beacon of Ruin would let us freeze some bosses through prolif.

I currently tend to go with a more unified setup for Power Charge generation between all classes, will either be PCoC on Arc or the old Orb of Storms setup, unless there will be new, better ways through uniques.
The initial curse setup will stay, but will probably have to kick out dualcurse since we simply don't have enough sockets for everything. This also highly depends on the final way to generate Power Charges, and if Vaal Pact will still be needed.

@Urtikor: Sorry to hear that, sounds like this kind of build is just not for you. I've leveled this build solo multiple times to 90+ and seen other people here getting into the higher 90s aswell without any bigger troubles, so it is definitely endgame viable.

Arc isn't a "kill any boss within one second" skill, unless you do something like Foxtactics did with his fire conversion Arcer. But bosses are only a very small part of actual mapping, so i think it's justifiable to take a little longer and put effort to kill them. It's also intended game design that not all bosses are doable with all builds.
That being said, i've killed almost all mapbosses with this build deathless, it's all about how you approach them and how you prepare.
I know this is going against the current meta, but most of these builds you're referring to get nerfed and/or won't be as cheaply doable without Cadiro next league anyway.

This build can run most of the mapmods you listed there, only one that's really not doable is elemental reflect. I don't know why you even mention a 5off Lightning Coil. Ideal colours are 4b1r1g, which gives us flexibility to switch in Life Leech for certain bosses and mapmods.
Seems like you haven't completely read the guide, which is why you may struggled at some parts and/or have a wrong perception of this builds capabilities?
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on May 28, 2016, 2:50:01 PM
Dual Call of the Brotherhoods

Assuming: Lightning Coil, Dual Unique weapons (Doryani's or w/e), and Doryani's Invitation (cold)

This leaves us with: Helm, Amulet, Boots, & Gloves to Cap Resists.

405% total resistances needed. Oops Lightning Coil + 60 = 465 Needed

17% all resist currently taken on tree leaving: 414 Needed

Possible 70 resistances from Doryani's Invitation = 344 Needed

Needing 86 Resists on Helm, Amulet, Boots, & Gloves. (DOABLE! But probably expensive AF if you want good life rolls too.)

IF we can spare them, even temporarily (Faith & Steel as well as Nullification) each one of those can be taken for 2 points each, giving 8% all resist.

This bring our needed resists to: 74 Resistance per Helm, Amulet, Boots, & Gloves.

Jewels with +to all resists are usually pretty cheap, even with life & damage rolls on them (Spell/elemental/cold/lightning, crit chance/multi, etc.) 5-10c each for decent ones. Great place to pickup these resists till you get GG gear.

I'm not advocating that a 2nd ring is needed per se. I've only done limited testing with a respec build in perandus, but saying that it should be possible/doable. Even if it is something to work towards.
Also from yourself or anyone more experienced with this build, what do you guys aim for crit chance wise? I'm guessing with our high caSt speed it isn't necessary to cap? Obviously more is better, but without assassin's mark I see that being a bit difficult.
"
Grownupfun wrote:
Also from yourself or anyone more experienced with this build, what do you guys aim for crit chance wise? I'm guessing with our high caSt speed it isn't necessary to cap? Obviously more is better, but without assassin's mark I see that being a bit difficult.

I'm sitting at 42.37% in hideout, seems to be plenty but more wouldn't hurt.
Guides(old, not updated)
LL BV Trickster - /1699146
CoC Quill Rain - /1668121
Hey Enki91,

I wanted to say I really appreciated the time and effort you took to make this guide.
I tried to play this game back in 2013 and hated it.

After playing and loving a ton of Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn - A friend mentioned Path of Exile to me.

I thought I'd give it a go and found this guide as a recommended low cost/new player build.

Honestly it was so much more - it drastically helped as it even explained how I should level, what I should look out for while playing, etc.

So Thank you, I'm very much looking forward to your updates for Prophecy and running this build in the new league.

On a side note, if you took a look at my gear - As a new player how should I progress from this point?

Been gone from POE for like 1 year, so missed all the changes.
Do you plan to update the build before release this week?

Would love to go this build if its good in 2.3, but since I am kinda lost with all the new changes I would love to have some path to follow until I catch up :)

Loved this build before <3

Thanks for all the work.
@Grownupfun: It's surely possible, but as you already figured, can be expensive on some slots when combined with all other stats we need.
As for crit, you can see my crit chance on two chars at the bottom of this guide. In general, everything above 50% with charges is good since spells aren't affected by Accuracy, tho we can reach far beyond that with the Inc Crit Strikes buff.

@pOOPSMITH: Thanks man, feedback like this is what motivates me to keep going with this guide!
I'd lvoe to check out your gear, but unfortunately your character tab is set private (this was made default a while ago).

@Nivity: Of course! Got a few changes coming which will simplify the build a little, for a more unified gem setup across all 4 classes and a little buff in situations where this build lacks right now.
twitch.tv/enki91
Why do you use controlled destruction gem with arc if this is the crit arc build?
@Kimbergg: Because due to a suboptimal design, the gem is pretty strong even for crit builds.
The huge more multiplier easily outweighs the small downside, especially after Inc Crit Strikes buff.
We're still able to reach 75%+ crit chance with Controlled Destruction, which is more than enough for a high cast speed build.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Kimbergg: Because due to a suboptimal design, the gem is pretty strong even for crit builds.
The huge more multiplier easily outweighs the small downside, especially after Inc Crit Strikes buff.
We're still able to reach 75%+ crit chance with Controlled Destruction, which is more than enough for a high cast speed build.

Well, i am at around 50% crit chance now, and controlled destruction would even lower this. How do you reach that high crit chance? I don't have high end gear obviously, but 80%+ wands and 30%+ ring. All crit nodes taken. What could be the problem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info