Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"

With the currency you have, you can buy 100 orb of regrets and change the whole tree. That's roughly 10 chaos.

yes, i could do that, but to do what ? when i'm checking the popular build necromancer , it's summon carrion golem, is that you mean by change the whole tree ?

actualy the main problem is "i dont know how to improve my build"

the first thing i obverb when i am in my hideout, it's the fact i cant use my main skill infinitly

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/783518045
"
Vandorak wrote:
"

With the currency you have, you can buy 100 orb of regrets and change the whole tree. That's roughly 10 chaos.

yes, i could do that, but to do what ? when i'm checking the popular build necromancer , it's summon carrion golem, is that you mean by change the whole tree ?

the first thing i obverb when i am in my hideout, it's the fact i cant use my main skill infinitly

I was assuming you want to switch the whole build, so gave the suggestion on regrets. If you want to improve your build, sure, I believe other people have better ideas, here is my 2-cent:

In general, with limited budget, you need to downgrade your DPS and improve your survival first.

If you cannot keep casting arc infinitely, that is a major problem: when you're out of mana in a group of mobs, you cannot flame dash and your mind-over-matter doesn't work, that can be one main reason you died a lot.

To resolve this, an immediate step you can do, is to remove Spell Echo from your 5-link for now.

---

Following are my thoughts of other changes:

For survival there are multiple aspects:
* Playstyle: you need to hit and run, whenever mobs is focusing on you, flame dash away first then cast arc.
* Increased mana regeneration rate: this makes sure you're never out of mana
* Mind over matter & X% damage taken from mana before life: this is purely layer of defence
* Flat +X mana: this improves your arcane cloak so both DPS & defence

For downgrade DPS, you can try to ignore spell damage modifiers you have in your gears.

Something I noticed from your build, by order of importance:

* For jewel you can try Kitava's Teachings, 5% regen of both life and mana is quite cool. Check Poraza's recent video about this: https://youtu.be/fS8SryrHlkg
* Your can temporarily replace your current Essence Worm with another ring that have "69% increased mana regeneration rate" and flat mana
* Your boot needs the enchant "70% increased mana regeneration rate if you've cast a spell recently", it helps your survival a lot, you can run lab a few times to get it by yourself
* Your flasks need changes, you can strictly follow the ones mentioned in this guide
* Your armor needs more mana, I think a 5-link Cloak of Defiance can be good suite for you (it adds tons of mana, also adds another 10% layer of defense via mana)

I think with above change you should be able to add your Spell Echo back and cast infinitely.

---

As bonus, I would recommend you to follow WorderMostFoul's skill gem setup: yes that is different from this guide's suggestion, but I feel they're pretty useful for a try. (You can ignore awaken gems for now since they're expensive)

For that, you can replace Sigil of power setup with Storm Brand + Hexproof + Conductivity.
* Storm Brand provides a more forgiving playstyle: when casted ahead of you, it auto detects enemies and jumps here and there, so you can notice enemies earlier. Personally I found that setup very helpful recently.
* Curse is to help you get back some DPS, and it is one key point to improve DPS to next level in the future. (For survival you can also try Temporal Chains or Enfeeble there, so a very flexible choice)
Last edited by billybob630 on Oct 28, 2020, 7:36:44 PM
"
Uragami wrote:
"
DannyNorth wrote:
"
Uragami wrote:
This seems like it could easily switch to a Ball Lightning build. Throwing that in with GMP or LMP with another type of mana pot would be useful.

I am switching back and forth between the two. I just swap gear between my Hierophant and Necro. Heiro BL is great, but the Necro has a few more defensive layers.

Here is my gear. I just changed boots from Omeyoucan to Skyforth, wand/shield to PoH, and swapped helm. Substitue GMP for Slower Projectiles for bosses. For the most part the gem configurations are the same. Some slight changes. Now this build can be improved greatly. Need to get Awakened Hextouch to Lvl 5 for the additional curse. Looking to add Enfeeble.

Do you switch out any pots for Dying Sun for bossing? Also are you still spawning corpses somehow outside of killing things?

And why have spell echo if the PoH has spell echo? Do they stack on each other?

Edit: Nvm just looked up the difference on the second part

Here is the build I am following.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2805657

Actually Dying Sun would be a good addition. I will pick up one later. Desecrate, Spell Cascade combo along with Spiritual Aid give the Necro nice defensive boost. Greater Spell Echo/Spell Echo allow for 7 projectiles. Downside is you are stuck while casting. I've had a few fireballs pop me because of the delay. Some suggested using Unleash. You can interrupt the cast by moving. I will try it out as well today.
I started the season out with this guy and Glacial Cascade, just never got off the ground and I always come back to Enki's after I have built up some currency. I was looking for something to do with this guys and I found this build and it matched up great with Enki's.
"

Actually Dying Sun would be a good addition. I will pick up one later. Desecrate, Spell Cascade combo along with Spiritual Aid give the Necro nice defensive boost. Greater Spell Echo/Spell Echo allow for 7 projectiles. Downside is you are stuck while casting. I've had a few fireballs pop me because of the delay. Some suggested using Unleash. You can interrupt the cast by moving. I will try it out as well today.
I started the season out with this guy and Glacial Cascade, just never got off the ground and I always come back to Enki's after I have built up some currency. I was looking for something to do with this guys and I found this build and it matched up great with Enki's.

I didn't see any linked Desecrates/SC in your setup that you posted, so I was just curious as to where you placed it. I tried it out since I have a PoH laying around, and I also noticed mana issues on witch. Are you spamming foreboding mana pots to keep sustain as well?
"
billybob630 wrote:
"
Vandorak wrote:
"

I was assuming you want to switch the whole build, so gave the suggestion on regrets. If you want to improve your build, sure, I believe other people have better ideas, here is my 2-cent:

In general, with limited budget, you need to downgrade your DPS and improve your survival first.

If you cannot keep casting arc infinitely, that is a major problem: when you're out of mana in a group of mobs, you cannot flame dash and your mind-over-matter doesn't work, that can be one main reason you died a lot.

To resolve this, an immediate step you can do, is to remove Spell Echo from your 5-link for now.

---

* Playstyle: you need to hit and run, whenever mobs is focusing on you, flame dash away first then cast arc.
* Mind over matter & X% damage taken from mana before life: this is purely layer of defence

For downgrade DPS, you can try to ignore spell damage modifiers you have in your gears.

* For jewel you can try Kitava's Teachings, 5% regen of both life and mana is quite cool. Check Poraza's recent video about this: https://youtu.be/fS8SryrHlkg
* Your can temporarily replace your current Essence Worm with another ring that have "69% increased mana regeneration rate" and flat mana
* Your boot needs the enchant "70% increased mana regeneration rate if you've cast a spell recently", it helps your survival a lot, you can run lab a few times to get it by yourself
* Your flasks need changes, you can strictly follow the ones mentioned in this guide
* Your armor needs more mana, I think a 5-link Cloak of Defiance can be good suite for you (it adds tons of mana, also adds another 10% layer of defense via mana)

I think with above change you should be able to add your Spell Echo back and cast infinitely.

Also, don't be afraid to remove 1000 HP while increasing 1000 mana: Arcane cloak use 75% of your mana as additional EHP, while mind-over-matter covers 30%, that means you don't actually lose EHP by doing so.

---

As bonus, I would recommend you to follow WorderMostFoul's skill gem setup: yes that is different from this guide's suggestion, but I feel they're pretty useful for a try. (You can ignore awaken gems for now since they're expensive)

For that, you can replace Sigil of power setup with Storm Brand + Hexproof + Conductivity.
* Storm Brand provides a more forgiving playstyle: when casted ahead of you, it auto detects enemies and jumps here and there, so you can notice enemies earlier. Personally I found that setup very helpful recently.
* Curse is to help you get back some DPS, and it is one key point to improve DPS to next level in the future. (For survival you can also try Temporal Chains or Enfeeble there, so a very flexible choice)

THX a lot ! i will try that, and it's very clear !

btw until i do that, i tried an other uber boss , i did it in 2 dies only.. (you can clearly see my difficulty to manage my mana)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/783605312
Last edited by Vandorak on Oct 27, 2020, 2:12:03 PM
"
Uragami wrote:
"

I didn't see any linked Desecrates/SC in your setup that you posted, so I was just curious as to where you placed it. I tried it out since I have a PoH laying around, and I also noticed mana issues on witch. Are you spamming foreboding mana pots to keep sustain as well?

With Hierophant I do not use the Descecrate/Spell Cascade. With the Ascendancies I have 50% MoM and an additional 60% mana regen rate. Also able to push close to 12,000 mana. But with addition of the Redeemer belt with the extra mana recovery rate added to the recovery rate from the Watcher's eye, I do not have an issue with mana and increased my survivability immensely.
"
Vandorak wrote:
"
billybob630 wrote:

---

Also, don't be afraid to remove 1000 HP while increasing 1000 mana: Arcane cloak use 75% of your mana as additional EHP, while mind-over-matter covers 30%, that means you don't actually lose EHP by doing so.

---

THX a lot ! i will try that, and it's very clear !

btw until i do that, i tried an other uber boss , i did it in 2 dies only.. (you can clearly see my difficulty to manage my mana)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/783605312

Thanks for the video, that helps a ton for us to understand. Yes, you need to make sure your mana is close to full for most of the time.

For example, I saw you casted Arcane cloak when you had only around 1000 mana:
* At that time, your EHP = 4030 + 609 + 1000 via mind-over-matter = 5639
But if you have good mana sustain, and cast Arcane cloak:
* You'll have EHP 4030 + 6424 * 0.75 + more than 1000 via mind-over-matter = more than 9848

So even if you cut down 1000 of your real HP for mana sustain gears, you effectively double your EHP, and will be able to tank some one-shot.

We prefer to dodge those one-shots though, I'm also still learning that part.

At 2:42 you were one-shotted when Arcane Cloak is not on. At that time you have 4030 HP plus a few mana via mind-over-matter. I think that attack is "Hand of Justice". With above suggestion you should be able to tank it, but still try to learn to dodge it. This is the guide I'm learning with: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/egz1p0/conquerors_of_the_atlas_boss_guide/

Since you don't have the habit to cast Arcane Cloak often, I would recommend you to auto trigger Arcane Cloak with this: Put this skill to your left click action slot so it auto casts whenever you move, also keep the old slot so you can still cast it manually when stationary. Personally found it easier to manage.
Last edited by billybob630 on Oct 27, 2020, 3:47:04 PM
I must admit Kitava's Teaching is helping a lot. I'm still dying more than useful to leveling so I'm stuck at 92 now instead of 91 but it helps a lot.
I've managed to unlock Sirius. Any suggestion on how I could improve a bit before giving a try at him?
"
I must admit Kitava's Teaching is helping a lot. I'm still dying more than useful to leveling so I'm stuck at 92 now instead of 91 but it helps a lot.
I've managed to unlock Sirius. Any suggestion on how I could improve a bit before giving a try at him?

Nice to see you haven't given up and still working on this build! I think in general Crusaders and bosses are a bit difficult for this build, for example, due to low chaos resistance I cannot beat Hunter without 1-2 portals. So I'm currently trying to level up with Heist / Non-Crusader mapping now, also in Lv 92.

I think other people should have better suggestion since I died to A1 Sirus when I thought that guy is easier to manage.

My thoughts:
* For the first time, remove all watchstone when you talk with Zana so the Sirius unlocked is A0
* Be careful about that Deatomization Storm...

Good luck!
Last edited by billybob630 on Oct 27, 2020, 3:45:42 PM
You just need spiritual aid when using thread of hope.
A lot of people uses forethought in their tree. I personally dont because I'm not comfortably sustaining mana with the increased mana cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info