[3.12] Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner & SSF-friendly Lightning Caster

I would strongly recommend anyone having any kind of mana issues with this build to get Kitava's Teachings, if they don't already have it. The guide kinda glosses over how important this cluster jewel is, so it's easy to miss (especially if you don't really know what cluster jewels are, how they work, and can't really be bothered to figure that out), but it makes a massive difference.

Without it, I can't even cast Arc for 5 seconds before running out of mana. With it, I NEVER run out of mana by just casting Arc.

Here's a quick demonstration: https://youtu.be/fS8SryrHlkg
"
DannyNorth wrote:


Thoughts on this?

Great on paper, but doesn't translate well as you'll lose the effect when you hit full mana (which is often unless your regen is poor).

"
Poraza wrote:
I would strongly recommend anyone having any kind of mana issues with this build to get Kitava's Teachings, if they don't already have it. The guide kinda glosses over how important this cluster jewel is, so it's easy to miss (especially if you don't really know what cluster jewels are, how they work, and can't really be bothered to figure that out), but it makes a massive difference.

Without it, I can't even cast Arc for 5 seconds before running out of mana. With it, I NEVER run out of mana by just casting Arc.

Here's a quick demonstration: https://youtu.be/fS8SryrHlkg

Yeah the jewel is pretty much essential. It also helps with Corpse Pact, Essence Glutton, and Undertaker (if people take that node). Thanks for the video demo!
Last edited by Zarasi on Oct 26, 2020, 4:46:18 PM
"
"
Vandorak wrote:

btw good build to start and learn the game ! but you cant finish atlas if you begin ^^


IDK, I just managed to beat a Level 16 Shaper Map while doing a Zana Mission and my gears aren't different than yours, the Phoenix Nest. Sure it took me all my portals since the final boss could one-shot me due to a special attack and it took me a bit to understand how to dodge it but I could kill all the other beings just fine playing with a bit of common sense.

So you can definitely finish the Atlas with this build.
Kill Sirius, Uber-Atziri, Elder, Shaper, Uber-Elder, or reaching a level greater than 92 without facing a lot of EXP loss and deaths? That's I'm not sure, in fact, I'm still sure Sirius is unbeatable by default. But you can definitely finish the Atlas.


This build is definitely capable of doing all that endgame content deathless! I posted a link to my first A8 Sirus attempt of the league last week: https://youtu.be/85LyLFyq17E

As soon as I get the last fragment needed for the fight, I should be posting an Uber Elder video, too. The fights are mostly about just learning the mechanics and having enough DPS. I'm open to any other video requests if it would help anyone with these.
"
Poraza wrote:
I would strongly recommend anyone having any kind of mana issues with this build to get Kitava's Teachings, if they don't already have it. The guide kinda glosses over how important this cluster jewel is, so it's easy to miss (especially if you don't really know what cluster jewels are, how they work, and can't really be bothered to figure that out), but it makes a massive difference.

Without it, I can't even cast Arc for 5 seconds before running out of mana. With it, I NEVER run out of mana by just casting Arc.

Here's a quick demonstration: https://youtu.be/fS8SryrHlkg


I've an issue with going Cluster Jewels. I hate them. I wish they never were added to the game, hard to get, hard to craft, hard to understand. Can I go Kitava's Teaching without using any single other Cluster and if so there is a proper path of build tree that I can look?
"
"
Poraza wrote:
I would strongly recommend anyone having any kind of mana issues with this build to get Kitava's Teachings, if they don't already have it. The guide kinda glosses over how important this cluster jewel is, so it's easy to miss (especially if you don't really know what cluster jewels are, how they work, and can't really be bothered to figure that out), but it makes a massive difference.

Without it, I can't even cast Arc for 5 seconds before running out of mana. With it, I NEVER run out of mana by just casting Arc.

Here's a quick demonstration: https://youtu.be/fS8SryrHlkg


I've an issue with going Cluster Jewels. I hate them. I wish they never were added to the game, hard to get, hard to craft, hard to understand. Can I go Kitava's Teaching without using any single other Cluster and if so there is a proper path of build tree that I can look?


Yes, you can simply stick Kitava's Teachings in any jewel socket on the outside of the skill tree (use the one near-ish to Avatar of Fire) and it will add an new adjacent keystone passive skill that you'll then need to spend one more skill point to get.

Cluster jewels make the game that much more complex and it's definitely a lot to think about! But they also can make you a lot more powerful.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Oct 26, 2020, 5:25:56 PM
"

Yes, you can simply stick Kitava's Teachings in any jewel socket on the outside of the skill tree (use the one near-ish to Avatar of Fire) and it will add an new adjacent keystone passive skill that you'll then need to spend one more skill point to get.


Thanks I'll give it a try.
"
"
"
Vandorak wrote:

btw good build to start and learn the game ! but you cant finish atlas if you begin ^^


IDK, I just managed to beat a Level 16 Shaper Map while doing a Zana Mission and my gears aren't different than yours, the Phoenix Nest. Sure it took me all my portals since the final boss could one-shot me due to a special attack and it took me a bit to understand how to dodge it but I could kill all the other beings just fine playing with a bit of common sense.

So you can definitely finish the Atlas with this build.
Kill Sirius, Uber-Atziri, Elder, Shaper, Uber-Elder, or reaching a level greater than 92 without facing a lot of EXP loss and deaths? That's I'm not sure, in fact, I'm still sure Sirius is unbeatable by default. But you can definitely finish the Atlas.


This build is definitely capable of doing all that endgame content deathless! I posted a link to my first A8 Sirus attempt of the league last week: https://youtu.be/85LyLFyq17E

As soon as I get the last fragment needed for the fight, I should be posting an Uber Elder video, too. The fights are mostly about just learning the mechanics and having enough DPS. I'm open to any other video requests if it would help anyone with these.


Thanks for sharing the video!

Was following your skill setup to use Storm brand + Hextouch recent days, that worked great! Really nice to see a video with that setup as example to follow.

I really need to understand the mechanisms of boss fighting in this game ... I tried A1 Sirus for this first time last weekend, and mostly died to Deatomization Storm ...
Last edited by billybob630 on Oct 26, 2020, 5:47:41 PM
"
billybob630 wrote:

I really need to understand the mechanisms of boss fighting in this game ... I tried A1 Sirus for this first time last weekend, and mostly died to Deatomization Storm ...


Yes, I found out on my first try as well that it helps to stay out of those. Finally did an A8 over the weekend, managed to get to A7 last season but I think this time my build is better and I have done a bunch of A5-7 ones now so I know the mechanics which makes it much easier.


What do you think about this staff? Would it be worth to build Arc around that?
Hi,

I am fairly new on endgame poe but i have a question about the "forethought"node. how is this not something we want earlier? It seems a good passive path going to it?

Also, when using "Thread of hope" jewel with the large ring, which passive would we leave out with this? even righteous army or just the small passives?

thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info