Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Lissmano wrote:
How exactly does the build cover the mana sustain?
I’m coming at this from a purely mathematical standpoint as I haven’t actually played an Archmage build before.

- 1.8% default
- up to 1.6% from Arcane Surge
- up to 5% from Kitava’s Teaching
- up to 1% from Cloak of Defiance
- up to 4% from Essence Glutton
- up to 50 flat from Essence Glutton
- up to ~300 flat from Clarity + tree
- up to ~600 flat from mana flask
- 1-3% per kill if using Cinderswollow
- 2% per kill if Mind Drinker anointed

All that is per second except the on kill. You then multiply the per second (not on kill) by your increased mana regeneration rate which should be ~250-400%. There are a few other sources like mana gained when hit or after using a guard skill, but that should give you the gist of sustain.

Edit: Now that I think of it, increased effect is generally rounded down to the nearest displayed integer. That means something like Cloak of Defiance which grants 1% will go up to 2% only at 100% increased effect. At 99% increased effect it remains at 1%. Mathematically speaking, the intervals at which the above mods increase are dependent on how the mod is worded. Essence of Glutton for example is actually 8% over 2 seconds, so it would go up to 9% at 1/8 increased effect (13%). The default regeneration is 1.8%, so intervals are every .1% instead of whole numbers.

"
minamo99 wrote:
stupid question but can we swap out arc for crackling lance? Also, how do the alternative quality gems help us?
I’m content to let Enki do that math, but it may be viable as a gem swap for bossing. It’ll have terrible clear though.
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 17, 2020, 2:13:16 PM
"
Lissmano wrote:
Hi, got a question.

How exactly does the build cover the mana sustain? I'm most likely gonna try this build out in SSF Heist this friday but I'm somewhat scared that I will run into issues with sustaining mana. I realise that the consuming of corpses is a big part of the sustain but does that mean that before you get the 'Trigger socketed skill..' craft, do you need to have a 100% uptime on the Arcanist Brand while clearing mobs? Aka put down a brand every time I want to clear a pack of monsters?

If someone tried this without the craft is the mana sustain an issue or is it somewhat doable until you get the craft? :)

Cheers

Mana sustain is ok during leveling/campaign, for a while you might feel that you are lacking and have to keep maybe even 2 mana flasks, but as soon as you are able to get your hands on some reasonable "early end-game" gear you'll be fine (of course easiest in trade league). You use Kitava's Thirst until you get the trigger socketed skill gem unveil, so yuo are good there also.
"
minamo99 wrote:
stupid question but can we swap out arc for crackling lance? Also, how do the alternative quality gems help us?

Enki is working on a guide upgrade an will release the first updates before patch. Most likely, the build will still use arc due to its amazing clear properties. The crackling lance has potential, but probably mostly for single target (eg bosses). For an optimized build, you would probably not just switch arc for crackling lance, but also have some changes to nodes/equipment/support-gems. On the other hand, I would be interested if one actually could have like a way to switch between the two depending on what maps/content you are currently playing.

The alternative quality gems looks interesting to me, but I'm not a theory crafter so can't say =)
Last edited by bryngylf on Sep 17, 2020, 2:17:26 PM
Just as minor note, but current PoB has 20/20 Spell Cascade on triggered Desecrate. Neither level nor quality does anything for us in this case, so it should be listed at 1/0.
Speaking of mana regeneration, does anyone know if the “over # of seconds” mods stacks with global increased duration similar to how poisons function? Essence Glutton will regenerate 8% mana over 2 seconds, but with 50% global increased duration can that turn into 8% mana over 2 seconds for 3 seconds? If so, it may be worthwhile to invest into 100%+ global increased duration making Essence Glutton extend for the duration of the trigger CD.

Edit: Doh, the mod is skill effect duration. That is not a skill...
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 17, 2020, 2:37:28 PM
Would it be better if I use Arcanist Brand 4 link to trigger Desecrate and Bone Offering (more nearby corpses and more corpses consumed), and use wand to trigger Wave of Conviction, Conductivity and Tempest Shield (more debuff converage)?

What's the down side of this except one more button to press every a few seconds? One more button is acceptable to me considering the dps boost.
Last edited by Nullstellensatz on Sep 17, 2020, 5:48:28 PM
"
Would it be better if I use Arcanist Brand 4 link to trigger Desecrate and Bone Offering (more nearby corpses and more corpses consumed), and use wand to trigger Wave of Conviction, Conductivity and Tempest Shield (more debuff converage)?

What's the down side of this except one more button to press every a few seconds? One more button is acceptable to me considering the dps boost.
I imagine you’ll run into trouble actually keeping BO up. I’m pretty sure Arc already has a longer range than AB, and to top it off you will have to wait for the second trigger before killing the attached enemy. This is all new since I’ve last played Arc, but that would match the clear I remember.
I usually go with this as a starter really great work and detailed explanation, no doubt one of the best starters there is. Would you think that the new lightning gem Crackling Lance would fit here by replacing Arc also ?
is this changeble to crackling lance ?
Update for Heist please! :)
You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info