Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
"
"
MadChickins wrote:
RIP crackling lance numbers is a disappointment =(

How are they a disappointment?
Higher average damage with less variation, higher added damage effectiveness (important for Archmage), higher base crit, and intensity bonus roughly the same as Arc's "per remaining chain" bonus (higher with extra intensity passive).

I'm not inclined to think Crackling Lance is a viable replacement for Arc. You make good points, and it might be a bit better for single-target, but I can't see it coming close to Arc's chain/fork clearspeed, especially because you lose damage every time you move. Plus, you're essentially required to sacrifice another support gem for Intensify.

However, I could absolutely be wrong! We can't be certain about it for another two days. :D

It comes with intensify by default so you're not sacrificing a support gem for it, the 3 stacks are just in the gem and if you stick on the support it goes up to 6 stacks
what if we threw in chain with crack lance? obv be worse now losing a link, but damn if it wouldnt be cool as hell
"
Karneios wrote:
It comes with intensify by default so you're not sacrificing a support gem for it, the 3 stacks are just in the gem and if you stick on the support it goes up to 6 stacks

As far as I can tell, adding Intensify doesn't increase maximum Intensity stacks.

"
lChopSueyl wrote:
what if we threw in chain with crack lance? obv be worse now losing a link, but damn if it wouldnt be cool as hell

Crackling Lance is not a projectile and doesn't have a Chaining tag, so Chain won't work with it.

I'm wondering if Intensify support + Intensity passive are worth it. On the one hand, 118% more damage. On the other hand, it's only at max stacks and it costs 7 passive points...
Last edited by TarrasqueSorcerer on Sep 16, 2020, 10:23:11 PM
Realistically I consider Arc to have 8 chains. At L21 it is completely doable. If looking at single target potential, by the time that becomes relevant you’ll likely already have the 8th chain. The 9th chain isn’t too hard to obtain, and a 10th can be gleaned from a helm enchant. I haven’t done the match to see how that measures up to comparative levels of Crackling Lance, especially since the gem oddly doesn’t specify max stacks of intensity. I can’t think of any skill with a built in modifier that is only relevant when combined with a specific support gem.

As far as how shock and sapped are affected, the patch notes clearly say they will affect both. I remember reading lightning ailment somewhere in there, and I think it was
"
Thunderfist, Agnerod East, and Stormcharger each now grant increased Lightning Ailment Duration on Enemies (rather than increased Shock Duration).

I’m curious about using Discharge. 450% added damage effectiveness makes for one potent nuke, but I still think OoS or SB would win out due to the number of hits.
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 17, 2020, 12:23:59 AM
Did anyone see the alternate quality for Arc? I wonder if 20% increased Chaining range or 10% increased Damage for each time this Skill has Chained is better. I'm assuming the latter is better but I don't really theory craft.
Last edited by avalonmabi on Sep 17, 2020, 1:08:05 AM
"
Karneios wrote:

Guess you're right because I see it posted elsewhere, but it just doesn't seem to specify on the gem that you gain intensity per cast. Think I'm missing something.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Sep 17, 2020, 1:30:04 AM
"
"
Karneios wrote:

Guess you're right because I see it posted elsewhere, but it just doesn't seem to specify on the gem that you gain intensity per cast. Think I'm missing something.

This is completely wrong. Max stacks is 3 by default, going up to 4 with the notable in the passive tree. You would only inherit the damage bonus by using the gem.
Crackling Lance has very comparable numbers to Arc but I doubt it would replace Arc in this build. It seems like cast speed + crit + intensify + ailment will be a better way to scale crackling lance than Archmage but it's hard to tell. I think that they knew this skill will be super popular so they did not want to overtune the damage, so it is not OP. Still with max intensity stacks the intensify support gem will give 88% (!) more damage which puts ele focus (and most support gems) into shame so that would open up shock effect. It also has higher base crit so it is easier to scale. I'm curious how it would work with spell echo though... Another big question is it's base area coverage, if it is low and you have to scale that too, than that is bad news. Surely Arc will be better for clear in every way but Arc was always very good at that.

I am still curious to know what Enki's backup plan is, even though it seems Necro will still be viable.
The new Bone Offering quality should be very good for us right ? I'm not very skiled at theory-crafting so I could be wrong ^^

"

Grants Minions +2% Chance to Block Attack Damage
Grants Minions +2% Chance to Block Spell Damage

Makes up for some of the tankiness we lost from Mistress of Sacrifice nerf at least
What about the ascendancy, is Elementalist not viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info