Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Usage of Crackling Lance, instead of Arc?
We need a new PoB Link for this leauge.
Do you guys think the build would work with Crackling Lance instead of Arc and what changes would i need to do?
"
banichka123 wrote:
Do you guys think the build would work with Crackling Lance instead of Arc and what changes would i need to do?

Still need to look at the gem status of Crackling Lance, but I guess it will work well very likely.

Just use Intensify instead of Controlled Destruction or Spell Echo in the Crackling Lance 6 link, maybe use Concentrated Effect to replace the other support depending on if Crackling Lance has enough AoE, and allocate the intensity +1 node on the tree.

Items could remain the same. I suppose it's better to get higher cast speed in order to fit in the intensify play style.
From the patchnotes:

"
Lightning Trap, Glacial Hammer, Vaal Glacial Hammer, Ice Shot, Lightning Arrow, Arc, Vaal Arc, Storm Call, Vaal Storm Call and Stormblast Mine now each also affect the alternate versions of their corresponding elemental ailments.

I'm puzzled about what this means, anyone understood this?
Given that there will be no relevant changes for us during the next patch, I'll keep playing the necro arc witch in Standard and keep you informed about end-game performance.
To anybody not interested in playing Standard, I'd appreciate if you could provide necro arc witch items coming from this Harvest league. You can see my equip in my public profile, if you guess that something not needed by you anymore would be a better match than my items, just whisper me. I have some exalts to invest in that.

By the way, I'm experiencing unusual framerate drops after 3.11.2... if anybody managed to solve them, please share some insights.
Last edited by palajack on Sep 16, 2020, 9:31:44 AM
It is sad that they left elementalist untuched yet again. The fact that you have to go necro to make something of self cast arc is just bad. If better interactions would be added to elementalist so that you can scale ailments better or something that makes the ascendency even remotely good I would much rather play with that than the corpse abuse.The necro version was good though but I had noticably worse performance with the corpse skills and all the corpse effects on the screen than with other builds, so I quit fairly soon.

I am curious what would be that backup plan that Enki mentions...

Crackling lance looks intresting I might try that see what it is capable of, but I am unsure what ascendance would go well with it. Not many options, and that is of course off topic here.
"
smplx wrote:
It is sad that they left elementalist untuched yet again. The fact that you have to go necro to make something of self cast arc is just bad. If better interactions would be added to elementalist so that you can scale ailments better or something that makes the ascendency even remotely good I would much rather play with that than the corpse abuse.The necro version was good though but I had noticably worse performance with the corpse skills and all the corpse effects on the screen than with other builds, so I quit fairly soon.

I am curious what would be that backup plan that Enki mentions...

Crackling lance looks intresting I might try that see what it is capable of, but I am unsure what ascendance would go well with it. Not many options, and that is of course off topic here.

I used to be a big fan of this build until it evolved into this necro build that I really never cared about. Of course, that's because necros for quite some time have been OP, whereas Elementalists had been ignored for a very long time.

Hopefully, crackling lance can be somewhat useful on an Elementalist ascendancy.
It's funny cuz this build in necro ascendancy uses no summons and the elementalists uses golems. I really dont see this specific arc necro build any different than your traditional elementalist in any video game. The necro ascendancy just gives sooo much mana regen it can be abused with archmage and mind over matter working in conjunction. Like how can you spend so much mana and depend on mana to survive at the same time lol. Although I do agree I prefer the traditional elementalist in video games and summons are definitely not my thing. This build is the only exception cuz at the end of the day I'm not using summons to kill.
Last edited by MadChickins on Sep 16, 2020, 10:38:34 AM
"
MadChickins wrote:
It's funny cuz this build in necro ascendancy uses no summons and the elementalists uses golems. I really dont see this specific arc necro build any different than your traditional elementalist in any video game. The necro ascendancy just gives sooo much mana regen it can be abused with archmage and mind over matter working in conjunction. Like how can you spend so much mana and depend on mana to survive at the same time lol. Although I do agree I prefer the traditional elementalist in video games and summons are definitely not my thing. This build is the only exception cuz at the end of the day I'm not using summons to kill.

Yes, same. I'd prefer to use an elementalist for the flavor, but it's just not as good as a necro for this build, which is kind of crazy. From previous comments he's made, I gather Enki feels similarly. But anyone who's averse to the current version of the build because they don't like the summoner playstyle is misunderstanding the point (and mechanics) of the build. Believe me, I've played the build for 7 leagues in a row now, and the necro variant is literally an entire order of magnitude stronger in terms of damage output than any of the elementalist versions were.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Sep 16, 2020, 2:06:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info