Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Zeeul wrote:
I am not sure starting with Shadow would be ok. Too many questions:
- Are all the starting stats different?
- Are all the gems and rewards when leveling different?
- Is there any problems when it comes to ascendanciess?
When i test the shadow start it gives you knives and poison gems...

But I tested the mule thing and I think it has to be scion to get the onslaught for extra speed during the first levels. Do you think its worth doing?
According to wiki, you can buy the arc gem in act 1 as a witch, templar or shadow, so you can level with it.

Onslaught is given to the scion at start, but shadow can get it from "the mercy mission" which is a fairly early quest. Even though onslaught support was nerfed in 3.9 to be less effective in early levelling, so it's not as crucial to have it.

If you're not an experienced player, you don't need to have a "perfect levelling strat" just take it slowly and enjoy the game.

One thing I would check is what kind of damaging supports you can get to your spells for your early 2/3/4-link setup so you'd know you won't get stuck without a support that buffs the spell by significant margin.

Shadow should have some amount of spells offered when you check not only quest rewards but also what's put on vendor afterwards (usually wider array of skills than direct quest rewards).

Also be sure to complete library side quest in act3, it offers a lot of different skill and support gems!

If you want to play spellcaster Shadow I'd choose Trickster ascendancy as it's fairly versatile for different spell casting styles.
For some reason im unable to click on the passives for each act? The link disappeared. I dont know what to pick next based off the entire passive tree listed. Im sure there's a certain order I need to go.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Zeeul wrote:
I am not sure starting with Shadow would be ok. Too many questions:
- Are all the starting stats different?
- Are all the gems and rewards when leveling different?
- Is there any problems when it comes to ascendanciess?
When i test the shadow start it gives you knives and poison gems...

But I tested the mule thing and I think it has to be scion to get the onslaught for extra speed during the first levels. Do you think its worth doing?
According to wiki, you can buy the arc gem in act 1 as a witch, templar or shadow, so you can level with it.

Onslaught is given to the scion at start, but shadow can get it from "the mercy mission" which is a fairly early quest. Even though onslaught support was nerfed in 3.9 to be less effective in early levelling, so it's not as crucial to have it.

If you're not an experienced player, you don't need to have a "perfect levelling strat" just take it slowly and enjoy the game.

One thing I would check is what kind of damaging supports you can get to your spells for your early 2/3/4-link setup so you'd know you won't get stuck without a support that buffs the spell by significant margin.

Shadow should have some amount of spells offered when you check not only quest rewards but also what's put on vendor afterwards (usually wider array of skills than direct quest rewards).

Also be sure to complete library side quest in act3, it offers a lot of different skill and support gems!

If you want to play spellcaster Shadow I'd choose Trickster ascendancy as it's fairly versatile for different spell casting styles.

Thanks for the tips some very interesting and helpful stuff.
"
CYANTACO wrote:
For some reason im unable to click on the passives for each act? The link disappeared. I dont know what to pick next based off the entire passive tree listed. Im sure there's a certain order I need to go.

Check the archived link right at the start. I'm updating the guide for next patch right now, so those links are gone and/or updated to the new ones depending on when you read this.
twitch.tv/enki91
Its really nice to have you doing this, keep your good work !

Im surprised about the removal of Storm Brand. Also, i hope youre gonna find a place for Archmage or the super new mage bubble :D ! Stay safe exile !
Hi Enki,

I just noticed that the new PoB build doesn't have MoM selected.
"
LennyLen wrote:
Hi Enki,

I just noticed that the new PoB build doesn't have MoM selected.

That was still the old PoB, just uploaded the new one.

-----------

Finished the 3.10 update! Will work on Cluster Jewel passives and Crafting Guides tomorrow, or whenever I have time for that.

Please let me know if you find any typos or other mistakes, or if you'd like something to be explained better within the guide.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey Enki,

Whats the reason for dropping Three Dragons and the heralds?
Thank you for this build. I've tried multiple times to get into PoE and always felt a bit overwhelmed with the mechanics. While I've still just scratched the surface of the game this past league, just getting into low maps was the most fun I've had in an ARPG in years. I'm excited to see how the changes made to this build effect the build and giving me a fun build to dip my toe into the game.
Hi Enki,

Awesome effort from you as always, Thanks

1 thing I have noticed in your guide is

"This build uses staves in endgame to run two 5L+ setups and make use of some decent staff passives. The Flora's Gift and The Dark Mage are easy ways to get a 5L respectively 6L staff, which together with basic Essence-, Fossil- or Alteration crafting are enough to get started."

Other Item Changes
The Divination Card The Dark Mage no longer gives War staves as a reward.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info