Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Septimous wrote:

i was thinking of using this along with a wrath/zealotry aul's uprising if i ever get one.

That could definitely work, if you're able to fit both uniques in without losing too much life/ES/resistance. Try it out in PoB to see if the DPS increase would be worth it over a rare socketed ring (remember, they can roll up to +3 to level of socketed gems).
"
Septimous wrote:
"
feeling quite done with the league and happy with my character in terms of power and progression at this point, reached level 100 easily and never had such crazy dps before and never did uber elder before this league either, and can now farm him deathless all day so feels quite nice :p not too sure I will invest more in character or play much more this league, so wanted to show some deathless shaper/uber elder/sirus AL 8 kills if anyone wants to see the build (or my version of the build) with high investment, prob invested over 100 ex into it at this point:

uber elder kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWyf6T7jnnM

shaper kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0wJX-0vz4

sirus awakening level 8 kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxTpspUVsaU

if anyone wants to see something like 5 way timeless domain fight or t16 blighted maps / fully juiced up t16 maps with sextants, sac fragments and 8 mapmods or whatever I could upload that too if there is any interest,

anyway I went with a bit of my own variation of the build and it works quite well anyway, running all 5 golems, 75% chaos res without flasks up and without cleansed thoughts anointment, around 8.5k EHP with 5k hp and 3.5k es, and around 11 million shaper dps depending on if power charges and elemental conflux are active, around 10 mill without charges and conflux,

but having unnerve on gloves and frenzy charges from chest really boosts dps as does the amulet I have atm, tailwind+elusive on boots is amazing and so much stronger than doryanis boots I have to say, even if doryanis boots are great starter boots, also managed to get my hands on a pretty sick (IMO) staff too that was like a 25% dps increase over duskdawn I was using up until level 99 or something :D double damage when focused on staff is a little bit stronger in POB but I don't like the cooldown mechanic and having to use more buttons so eh, this works fine for me and ~11 million shaper dps is enough to do anything very easy and smooth imo.

currently getting my life leech from lightning damage from my synthesised ring, but could get it from a glorious vanity timeless jewel instead and then get a lot more dps and/or some life on the synthesised ring instead, woauld have to buy a few timeless jewels and test them until I get one that gives lightning damage leeched as life somewhere on tree, in that case I could get a much stronger synthesised ring in terms of dps anyway and with some increased % life,

but eh, feels really good like this and I guess I'll see you guys next league, will probably do the same build again, all credit to enki for the great build and showing me the way of the elementalist :D if anyone wants to check my character or ask anything the profile is open and character name is "Arczzzzzz" cheers and see you in 3.10 !

can you actually run herald of thunder, herald of ice, zealotry and wrath with this setup?

yep, running clarity too so I have 5 auras active, anointing charisma on amulet as well as allocating soverignity on the tree, as well as using synthesised ring with herald of thunder has 50% reduced mana reservation and mastermind of discord ascendancy which also reduces mana reservation on heralds, is what enables me to run all 5 auras at same time, and of course linking enlighten level 4 to wrath, zealotry and herald of ice,

and to not have mana issues from my high cast speed, had to get some mana regen on my right ring, with this setup I can cast forever without running out of mana :p
Last edited by secret_service86 on Feb 20, 2020, 12:46:41 PM
"
"
Septimous wrote:
"
feeling quite done with the league and happy with my character in terms of power and progression at this point, reached level 100 easily and never had such crazy dps before and never did uber elder before this league either, and can now farm him deathless all day so feels quite nice :p not too sure I will invest more in character or play much more this league, so wanted to show some deathless shaper/uber elder/sirus AL 8 kills if anyone wants to see the build (or my version of the build) with high investment, prob invested over 100 ex into it at this point:

uber elder kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWyf6T7jnnM

shaper kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0wJX-0vz4

sirus awakening level 8 kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxTpspUVsaU

if anyone wants to see something like 5 way timeless domain fight or t16 blighted maps / fully juiced up t16 maps with sextants, sac fragments and 8 mapmods or whatever I could upload that too if there is any interest,

anyway I went with a bit of my own variation of the build and it works quite well anyway, running all 5 golems, 75% chaos res without flasks up and without cleansed thoughts anointment, around 8.5k EHP with 5k hp and 3.5k es, and around 11 million shaper dps depending on if power charges and elemental conflux are active, around 10 mill without charges and conflux,

but having unnerve on gloves and frenzy charges from chest really boosts dps as does the amulet I have atm, tailwind+elusive on boots is amazing and so much stronger than doryanis boots I have to say, even if doryanis boots are great starter boots, also managed to get my hands on a pretty sick (IMO) staff too that was like a 25% dps increase over duskdawn I was using up until level 99 or something :D double damage when focused on staff is a little bit stronger in POB but I don't like the cooldown mechanic and having to use more buttons so eh, this works fine for me and ~11 million shaper dps is enough to do anything very easy and smooth imo.

currently getting my life leech from lightning damage from my synthesised ring, but could get it from a glorious vanity timeless jewel instead and then get a lot more dps and/or some life on the synthesised ring instead, woauld have to buy a few timeless jewels and test them until I get one that gives lightning damage leeched as life somewhere on tree, in that case I could get a much stronger synthesised ring in terms of dps anyway and with some increased % life,

but eh, feels really good like this and I guess I'll see you guys next league, will probably do the same build again, all credit to enki for the great build and showing me the way of the elementalist :D if anyone wants to check my character or ask anything the profile is open and character name is "Arczzzzzz" cheers and see you in 3.10 !

can you actually run herald of thunder, herald of ice, zealotry and wrath with this setup?

yep, running clarity too so I have 5 auras active, anointing charisma on amulet as well as allocating soverignity on the tree, as well as using synthesised ring with herald of thunder has 50% reduced mana reservation and mastermind of discord ascendancy which also reduces mana reservation on heralds, is what enables me to run all 5 auras at same time, and of course linking enlighten level 4 to wrath, zealotry and herald of ice,

and to not have mana issues from my high cast speed, had to get some mana regen on my right ring, with this setup I can cast forever without running out of mana :p

Jesus Christ, that is an absolute fuck-ton of damage. I honestly can't believe you took this build so far. Hats off to you, sir or madam (and to the hundreds of exalts that went into your gear!).
"
"
trolles wrote:

First of all, and like many others, I would like to thank Enki for his ultradetailed guide. It has been my point of entry to PoE and I am enjoying a lot my first league. I had tried an own build before but got very slow around level 50. I would also like to thank all of you participating in this thread, it has been a joy to read your comments every day and learn something new about the build and the game.

Now, after playing more than 200 hours with my arc witch I have the following items and would like some advice in how to progress, I believe I have many of the required high end items but they are not as good as they could be (budget limitations ofc). Would you mind taking a look at my build and tell me how would you progress from here?. I feel pretty squishy sometimes, currently at 5k life and 3.5k shield, capped resistances and 30+% chaos without flask. Also, which would be the best improvement to increase dps?.

Finally, are there any clear improvements through crafting for my character? I have barely done any yet and I don't really now the possibilities.

Thank you very much for your time exiles.

That's some damn fine gear for a relative newcomer!

Start with the gems, since they're the easiest. Get a level 21 Vaal Arc and corrupt all your other gems that are already maxed out to get as many to level 21 as you can.

Your biggest DPS boost will come from a better staff. You ideally want a multimodded eclipse staff with +3 to lighting spell skill gems or +2 to all spell skill gems and at least one other useful t1 or t2 mod. This will help your damage quite a bit.

Also, you can find a better Assassin's Mark ring. The culling strike on your gloves is good, but you're sacrificing a lot of potential ES and resistances for it at the moment--personal preference, I suppose, but there's room for improvement.

Can't see your jewels because I'm on my phone; hopefully someone else can comment there.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my equipment and answer me.

I already bough a Vaal Arc and I am testing it. Crazy how dps went up in PoB but I guess its only the moment you fire the vaal charge.

Regarding vaaling the rest of 20/20 gems, it is a bit scary for me, it took some time to level them lol. I will try with some and see what happens.

I have been looking for an eclipse staff and any worth upgrade is 12-15 ex so I guess it is time for farming, sitting at 6 ex atm and I still don't earn much per hour, got little clue how to make good curr efficiently.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, you have set new goals for me and that is what is all about, right?.

Finally, I just want to contribute a little bit to the newcomers reading this. If you are stuck leveling your character around level 85-90 like I was, I found a very worthy and safe way to level doing Beachhead maps T15 ROTAS in channel 820. Maps were around 70 chaos and pay for themselves and some more.

"
got little clue how to make good curr efficiently.

Juiced red maps with metamorph are always good
Here is a good video about juicing properly
Short version is:
Alch everything even white maps
Red maps: Alch then vaal orb
Tier 15/16: Chisel, Alch, Vaal orb
Use sextants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T198rfbV0go

Blighted maps are pretty solid for currency:
best tactics I have seen are in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BmJczkTx-0
"
reached level 100 easily and never had such crazy dps before and never did uber elder before this league either

Thanks for your post. Compared our items, then bought bottled fury flask right away and started dealing some real dps.

Dunno what to do now in poe, after doing all maps all bosses etc.
"
Zeeul wrote:
"

Short version is:
Use sextants

Thanks! I am gonna do some mapping with that advice and see what comes back.
"
trolles wrote:
"
Zeeul wrote:
"

Short version is:
Use sextants

Thanks! I am gonna do some mapping with that advice and see what comes back.

Also, if you haven't got Exilence its definitely worth checking out. Automatically tracks your loot and profit, very helpful. Also, there is a new version called Exilence Next.

https://github.com/viktorgullmark/exilence-next/releases/tag/v0.2.10
Last edited by Zeeul on Feb 21, 2020, 2:47:08 PM
Hi Guys, I have a little problem, recently I started to have problems with survavibility, and especially mana sustain... I don't really have idea what to change to optimise this build with my budget ~5-6ex.

Below my items and link to my character.

Spoiler
I also have Agnerod West
Spoiler
, but 5-link - is it better to use it?

And here is my POB
https://pastebin.com/ZT83eNTe
Last edited by Agnar86 on Feb 21, 2020, 3:52:20 PM
"
Agnar86 wrote:
Hi Guys, I have a little problem, recently I started to have problems with survavibility, and especially mana sustain... I don't really have idea what to change to optimise this build with my budget ~5-6ex.

Below my items and link to my character.

Spoiler
I also have Agnerod West
Spoiler
, but 5-link - is it better to use it?

And here is my POB
https://pastebin.com/ZT83eNTe

You can see peoples POB by clicking on the profile name next to their message. Open the profile in a new window, goto characters.

Mana sustain:
- I would think crafting 30-40% mana regen on your ring or amulet should be enough, or you can roll or buy up to 50-60% i think.
- You can try pushing Clarity a level or 2 to see if that helps (if it doesn't work just level it back down with the (Vendor gem / scour recipe)
- You can also roll -5 (or more) for cost for spells (or something like that) on rings/amulets i think

Survivability is a constant fight for me, I even crafted this on my chest:
Recover 6% life on kill (elder mod i think)
Recover 5% energy shield on kill (shaper mod)
Great for fast mapping, not much help on tough bosses. (Need an awakener's orb to craft it)

As the guide suggests, try to get "7% increased maximum life" on all your jewels top priority then damage or resistances.

I can't see the effect of your timeless jewel, but its probably killed that clump of life nodes "quick recovery" I put my timeless at the top left slot so it doesn't disturb any life nodes but it takes a couple more points to get there.

Where you have the timeless jewel disrupts the first 5 nodes of "spell damage" leading to "Arcanists dominion" they are probably random junk now? if so, you can try refunding those 5 nodes and take the short path from the start point which would give you 2 extra points. (See the start of my tree if you are not sure what i mean incidentally, my first node is 25% mana regen +14 energy shield that might help too)

With 2 extra points you could grab Arcane focus if you want a bump to defence, or 2 points would get you to the last jewel for another 7% life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info