"
Excalibour00 wrote:
"
Zeeul wrote:
"
Excalibour00 wrote:
Hey guys,

Another series of potentially noob questions:

- Between arc and vaal arc which one is better?

- What's the deal with their levels and qualities?

- The wiki listed them to up to level 40. I know it's possible to get 5-6 level above 20 with item, but how you can go the remaining 14 levels?!

Thank you again.

Its helpful to understand what Vaal Arc is.

When you have Vaal Arc equip. You will get 2 spells you can use:
1: Regular normal Arc (exactly the same as an arc gem)
2: Vaal Arc

You play with regular ARC, after a certain amount of kills (25 is standard) you are able to cast a single Vaal arc, which is a much stronger damage, larger chain distance, and bigger chaining version of Arc.

I play with Arc and then Vaal Arc is my: panic, kill everything quick button.

So i say Vaal Arc is better, since its exactly the same as Arc but with one additional spell. Try it.

Thank you Zeeul. I just added a follow up to the original post that I made. So, do you think the much higher price of the vaal arc for the quality worth the investment?

The quality on Arc (or Vaal Arc) is irrelevant for this particular build. Buy a 21/0 Vaal Arc and you'll be good.
"
The quality on Arc (or Vaal Arc) is irrelevant for this particular build. Buy a 21/0 Vaal Arc and you'll be good.

Thank you, I did that. Do awakened supports worth the investment? If yes, what's the priority? I was thinking Spell Echo, then added lighting damage.
"
Excalibour00 wrote:
"

Thank you, I did that. Do awakened supports worth the investment? If yes, what's the priority? I was thinking Spell Echo, then added lighting damage.

I tend to try and min-max everything so eventually everything is worth the investment for me. Just google each and see if they are worth it for you.

I bought awakened lightning damage, expecting a little damage boost at level 5. One day I am looking over my gems and notice Awakened added lightning damage has "+1 to level of supported lightning skill gems" on it. That was a nice suprise.

at level one, awakened gems are usually a similar or slightly stronger than level 20 regular gems.

I would level and try for the corrupted level 6 yourself since they cost about 15 ex to buy.

I hit level 6 with the lapidary lens in the Alva temple incursion thing. I think thats a little better than using a vaal orb.

is this eclipse staff good enough to replace duskdawn?
"
Septimous wrote:

is this eclipse staff good enough to replace duskdawn?

Probably, but try it out in Path of Building to make sure.
"
Excalibour00 wrote:
"

Yes, I definitely think they're worth the investment. I'd go for Awakened Lightning Penetration first. Awakened Spell Echo is probably the most beneficial of them all, but it's much pricier. Regarding Awakened ALD, play around with PoB before investing. I'm starting to think this is the gem I need to drop to fit an Empower into my Arc setup. However, if you can get your Arc to level 26 without Empower--I can't, but that's because of my own gearing decisions--AALD is definitely something you should invest in.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Feb 20, 2020, 11:56:33 AM
feeling quite done with the league and happy with my character in terms of power and progression at this point, reached level 100 easily and never had such crazy dps before and never did uber elder before this league either, and can now farm him deathless all day so feels quite nice :p not too sure I will invest more in character or play much more this league, so wanted to show some deathless shaper/uber elder/sirus AL 8 kills if anyone wants to see the build (or my version of the build) with high investment, prob invested over 100 ex into it at this point:

uber elder kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWyf6T7jnnM

shaper kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0wJX-0vz4

sirus awakening level 8 kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxTpspUVsaU

if anyone wants to see something like 5 way timeless domain fight or t16 blighted maps / fully juiced up t16 maps with sextants, sac fragments and 8 mapmods or whatever I could upload that too if there is any interest,

anyway I went with a bit of my own variation of the build and it works quite well anyway, running all 5 golems, 75% chaos res without flasks up and without cleansed thoughts anointment, around 8.5k EHP with 5k hp and 3.5k es, and around 11 million shaper dps depending on if power charges and pendulum of destruction are active, around 10 mill without charges and pendulum of destruction,

but having unnerve on gloves and frenzy charges from chest really boosts dps as does the amulet I have atm, tailwind+elusive on boots is amazing and so much stronger than doryanis boots I have to say, even if doryanis boots are great starter boots, also managed to get my hands on a pretty sick (IMO) staff too that was like a 25% dps increase over duskdawn I was using up until level 99 or something :D double damage when focused on staff is a little bit stronger in POB but I don't like the cooldown mechanic and having to use more buttons so eh, this works fine for me and ~11 million shaper dps is enough to do anything very easy and smooth imo.

currently getting my life leech from lightning damage from my synthesised ring, but could get it from a glorious vanity timeless jewel instead and then get a lot more dps and/or some life on the synthesised ring instead, woauld have to buy a few timeless jewels and test them until I get one that gives lightning damage leeched as life somewhere on tree, in that case I could get a much stronger synthesised ring in terms of dps anyway and with some increased % life,

but eh, feels really good like this and I guess I'll see you guys next league, will probably do the same build again, all credit to enki for the great build and showing me the way of the elementalist :D if anyone wants to check my character or ask anything the profile is open and character name is "Arczzzzzz" cheers and see you in 3.10 !
Last edited by secret_service86 on Feb 20, 2020, 12:59:32 PM

i was thinking of using this along with a wrath/zealotry aul's uprising if i ever get one.
"
trolles wrote:

First of all, and like many others, I would like to thank Enki for his ultradetailed guide. It has been my point of entry to PoE and I am enjoying a lot my first league. I had tried an own build before but got very slow around level 50. I would also like to thank all of you participating in this thread, it has been a joy to read your comments every day and learn something new about the build and the game.

Now, after playing more than 200 hours with my arc witch I have the following items and would like some advice in how to progress, I believe I have many of the required high end items but they are not as good as they could be (budget limitations ofc). Would you mind taking a look at my build and tell me how would you progress from here?. I feel pretty squishy sometimes, currently at 5k life and 3.5k shield, capped resistances and 30+% chaos without flask. Also, which would be the best improvement to increase dps?.

Finally, are there any clear improvements through crafting for my character? I have barely done any yet and I don't really now the possibilities.

Thank you very much for your time exiles.

That's some damn fine gear for a relative newcomer!

Start with the gems, since they're the easiest. Get a level 21 Vaal Arc and corrupt all your other gems that are already maxed out to get as many to level 21 as you can.

Your biggest DPS boost will come from a better staff. You ideally want a multimodded eclipse staff with +3 to lighting spell skill gems or +2 to all spell skill gems and at least one other useful t1 or t2 mod. This will help your damage quite a bit.

Also, you can find a better Assassin's Mark ring. The culling strike on your gloves is good, but you're sacrificing a lot of potential ES and resistances for it at the moment--personal preference, I suppose, but there's room for improvement.

Can't see your jewels because I'm on my phone; hopefully someone else can comment there.

"
feeling quite done with the league and happy with my character in terms of power and progression at this point, reached level 100 easily and never had such crazy dps before and never did uber elder before this league either, and can now farm him deathless all day so feels quite nice :p not too sure I will invest more in character or play much more this league, so wanted to show some deathless shaper/uber elder/sirus AL 8 kills if anyone wants to see the build (or my version of the build) with high investment, prob invested over 100 ex into it at this point:

uber elder kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWyf6T7jnnM

shaper kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0wJX-0vz4

sirus awakening level 8 kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxTpspUVsaU

if anyone wants to see something like 5 way timeless domain fight or t16 blighted maps / fully juiced up t16 maps with sextants, sac fragments and 8 mapmods or whatever I could upload that too if there is any interest,

anyway I went with a bit of my own variation of the build and it works quite well anyway, running all 5 golems, 75% chaos res without flasks up and without cleansed thoughts anointment, around 8.5k EHP with 5k hp and 3.5k es, and around 11 million shaper dps depending on if power charges and elemental conflux are active, around 10 mill without charges and conflux,

but having unnerve on gloves and frenzy charges from chest really boosts dps as does the amulet I have atm, tailwind+elusive on boots is amazing and so much stronger than doryanis boots I have to say, even if doryanis boots are great starter boots, also managed to get my hands on a pretty sick (IMO) staff too that was like a 25% dps increase over duskdawn I was using up until level 99 or something :D double damage when focused on staff is a little bit stronger in POB but I don't like the cooldown mechanic and having to use more buttons so eh, this works fine for me and ~11 million shaper dps is enough to do anything very easy and smooth imo.

currently getting my life leech from lightning damage from my synthesised ring, but could get it from a glorious vanity timeless jewel instead and then get a lot more dps and/or some life on the synthesised ring instead, woauld have to buy a few timeless jewels and test them until I get one that gives lightning damage leeched as life somewhere on tree, in that case I could get a much stronger synthesised ring in terms of dps anyway and with some increased % life,

but eh, feels really good like this and I guess I'll see you guys next league, will probably do the same build again, all credit to enki for the great build and showing me the way of the elementalist :D if anyone wants to check my character or ask anything the profile is open and character name is "Arczzzzzz" cheers and see you in 3.10 !

can you actually run herald of thunder, herald of ice, zealotry and wrath with this setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info