Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

for me he only boss i've problem is the torture chambesr otherwise every boss till t11 is done easily, most of them die within 10secs of the fight . ( The sipder boss with tons of adds is quite hard as well)
Hi I have had quite a blast with this build but ive got some worries about my gear so maybe someone could check it out? Besides I have troubles soustaining the blood rage gem is there anything I can do about that? Yeah and I know my amulet is garbage :D

"
ViDmEx wrote:
Yea, the maps that you said are very hard for me.
I can do Jungle Valley most of the times, but I skip the boss just for safety, it is the same for Torture Chamber, it is doable, but very risky.
The other I just can't, get raped every time.

Jungle Valey isn't that bad really. Chaos res is what really matters here, if yours is around zero its okayish, if its like 30+ then its a piece of cake. Definitely wouldn't go there with -40. Generally just stay as far away from the boss as you can and spam arc, which will eventually kill it.
@Amarantine: Hey, that's great! What level did you reach?

Taste of Hate is extremely strong, even if we can only profit from the defensive part of the flask.
Against smaller phys hits a Granite is more effective, but ToH scales better the bigger the hit gets and you could even couple it with a Granite on top, though i would only do it when using a dagger with WB.
Since it's also a Sapphire flask, it gives us some reflect safety and helps in high lvl maps with extra cold dmg.

The investment is worth it, but it's one of the last investments i would make after getting top tier gear, gems and all.

@Fr3shDee: Hey, thanks! Your gear looks solid, i would only switch the ring and amulet before aiming for a 6L chest.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Feb 9, 2016, 8:22:04 PM
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Amarantine: Hey, that's great! What level did you reach?

Taste of Hate is extremely strong, even if we can only profit from the defensive part of the flask.
Against smaller phys hits a Granite is more effective, but ToH scales better the bigger the hit gets and you could even couple it with a Granite on top, though i would only do it when using a dagger with WB.
Since it's also a Sapphire flask, it gives us some reflect safety and helps in high lvl maps with extra cold dmg.

The investment is worth it, but it's one of the last investments i would make after getting top tier gear, gems and all.

@Fr3shDee: Hey, thanks! Your gear looks solid, i would only switch the ring and amulet before aiming for a 6L chest.

Ah, OK. I invested in a taste of hate after all. I figure, I might as well since I have little else to upgrade. I made it to 94 so far! Highest I've ever gotten in any league. It's fun watching things explode. My gear is below.

IGN: OneEyedShadow
So, we got our Elementalist Witch Ascendancy class. Yet I still see little benefit of chosing it over the Assassin.
Beacon of Ruin and Pedulum of Destruction both sound really good. Mastermind of Discord sounds like it's going to be really hard to make it work. We can only really profit from it after using Flame Dash and even then we only get 10% total penetration since we're using Call of the Brotherhood.

All nice and well but if we compare this to 100% MORE crit and 75% increased crit multi against enemies on full hp (which basically means that we one shot every pack probably including blues and always freeze on first hit and on top of that get way better PC generation) and +90% crit multi and a freaking 4,5% increased BASE crit (On max PC with dual Void Batteries) its just going to be a very easy decision, I'd say.
Do you already have any thoughts on that? Am I mistaken?
Hello Enki, first of all a great guide.My first character was an arc witch and I followed your guide 100%. I just have few questions if you could answer me :

1. I am using a 20/20 Lightning penetration, because I got it cheap, but, how important is Cold penetration 20/20 compared to Lightning penetration. I know when I look at my arc tooltip that there is more cold damage then lightning thanks to the HoI, but from my experience there are a lot more mobs that resist lightning than cold damage. So, what is your opinion please?

2. What about HoT? Is it viable as a 4th aura?

3. I don't have a empower gem yet, so I am using an iron will as a replacement until I get it and it boosts my spell dmg quite well. What is your opinion about it?

Thanks for the great guide once more. :)
Woohoo! Just got my first Taste of Hate ever!

I'm going to have to do a lot of chaos recipes to offset that purchase haha. Apart from a 6L coil (which is waiting for me in Standard) I think I'm done gearing this character, ignoring that amulet.
Any of you guys planning to run this build in Ascendancy as well? I can't make up my mind.

After playing it in Talisman, it feels like I've just started fully understanding and like it would be even more fun playing it also in next league :D
Great Build! One thing i would recommend for leveling if no one has said it yet is spark. That mixed with a faster casting, a clarity, and a HoI used with a sceptor dagger build is quite literally pushing me to fly through everything. Those alone as well as passive give a pretty good dps (436 @ 31 with 51% crit with 150% critmulti going into act 4). It also works well just for keeping the flow of the build going plus only makes you need a 2L until you can get spell echo. At which honestly i think i would switch to Arc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info