Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Aedax wrote:
Any of you guys planning to run this build in Ascendancy as well? I can't make up my mind.

After playing it in Talisman, it feels like I've just started fully understanding and like it would be even more fun playing it also in next league :D

I will definitely continue playing this build in Ascendancy. But as I said on this page, I believe that switching it to Shadow/Assassin will be much better than anything the new Witch classes can offer.
@Amarantine: That's some really great gear!

@BundesHeinz: I currently tend to include multiple Ascendancy trees for different approaches that players can choose from.

Assassin obviously seems like the most DPS-providing choice, but i can see it being a problem towards reflect for people without a Vinktar flask (or if it gets nerfed).
Hierophant and Inquisitor provide a good mix between offense and defense.
Elementalist could be interesting too, the elemental golems + stone golem could add lots of distraction. If the unannounced Witch class is curse-oriented like some people assume, it could potentially be a good choice too.

@Xeqtana: Cold Pen lets you deal more cold damage, which translates into higher freeze duration and thus lets you freeze targets that you couldn't freeze without. Light Pen does the same, but for shock. This means Cold Pen is more defensive, while Light Pen offers higher offense.

HoT would reserve too much of our MoM-pool. The little DPS gain is not worth the loss of survivability. Iron Will is ok until you have an Empower gem.

@Vaaroth: Congrats! Looks good.

@Aedax: I think i'll probably play it :D

@nbetts0033: Thanks! Spark is indeed a great choice. I will include that when updating the guide for Ascendancy, currently i don't really wanna touch it anymore.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Feb 11, 2016, 12:23:46 PM
90 jewelers
40 fuses
625 chroms

Should I buy some lottery tickets?

I had to replace my damage talisman to cap resists though, so I only got around 1K DPS compared to my previous 5L setup (adding empower lvl 3).

Do you think switching to dual void batteries is a good idea if I can afford it? I noticed that you don't run it in your standard setup, either, despite using wands - any reason for that? Or should I buy Vinktar's first? (By the way, how difficult is it for this build?)

"
@Xeqtana: Cold Pen lets you deal more cold damage, which translates into higher freeze duration and thus lets you freeze targets that you couldn't freeze without. Light Pen does the same, but for shock. This means Cold Pen is more defensive, while Light Pen offers higher offense.

Isn't it also because you have 100% to shock frozen targets anyway?

I think HoT is okay in lower tier maps where you don't need the defense from Arctic Armor, and extra bit of damage could make it faster. But its a blue gem instead of green so you can't just switch between them.
Last edited by Rivx on Feb 11, 2016, 5:33:04 PM
Oh boy, the new ascendancy class for witch looks like it'll be pretty good for this build!

The 10% chance to gain a power charge on crit strike might not be enough to give up PCoC but the +1 to max charges is suuuuuper nice, and then cursed enemies explode? This is gonna be niiiiice.
+1 curse is also amazing I guess, though the other side of the tree is kinda meh for non-ES.
Absolutely LOVING THIS spec. Smashing T9-11s with ease, no real issues with boss's. Id like to step my game up and hit that next benchmark of DPS.

Besides the obvious Taste of Hate and Vinktar, AND Empower 4 which may never happen, does anyone see any room for DPS gains?

I appreciate it in advance. Im sitting at around 45k with 7 chains with atziri popped with haste.

THANKS...

Quick edit ** Got around 5 EX to play with. Spend or save?**
IGN: VeeZee
Last edited by VzwsoN on Feb 11, 2016, 9:51:39 PM
Get a better dagger? You can find a better one for just a few chaos, up to you how far you want to go I guess.
"
Rivx wrote:
Get a better dagger? You can find a better one for just a few chaos, up to you how far you want to go I guess.

1.5k off new dagger.

Im looking for big gains though.
IGN: VeeZee
@Rivx: Congrats! You could possibly cap resistances through jewels aswell, just the question which would give you more DPS in the end.

Void Batteries are definitely one of the best highend investments you can do. I'm not using them because i spent a fortune for my wands (back when Glyphic had a higher ilvl req) and pretty much geared around the resistances i have on them

Before VB's you should definitely get a Vinktar flask. The map is pretty easy if you know the mechanics, you can also switch AA with PoL for some extra safety if needed. I've done the map numerous times with this build, both in Standard and Talisman, and only time i died was when i was chatting while fighting the guard with those two spiders - but that's completely my fault.

The 100% chance to shock against frozen targets mod is actually meaningless to us. We already have 100% chance to shock on crit, which we need to trigger freeze aswell, but we still need to deal enough lightning damage to overcome the shock duration treshold.

@Vaaroth: That class looks extremely good for us, will most likely be my recommendation for people that want to play this build as witch, unless Elementalist turns out stronger than it sounds on paper.

@VzwsoN: First investment should be a Vinktars flask, seriously that thing is just too good to pass on.
After that, you can look for a better DPS amulet (spell dmg + crit + crit multi) or new weapons.
Despite Dagger having high implicit crit, you still want a 90%+ spellcrit roll to offset the loss of cast speed. Sceptre could have double the spell dmg and/or flat cold/lightning dmg to spells on top of the existing stats, though i'm not sure if something like that even exists on TSC market.

twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:

@Vaaroth: That class looks extremely good for us, will most likely be my recommendation for people that want to play this build as witch, unless Elementalist turns out stronger than it sounds on paper

Given, the Occultist looks really good for our build. Dual cursing without having to invest in Whispers of Doom seems like the biggest gain to me. But I still don't know...
Am I vastly overestimating the value of +% to base crit? If I rightly understand what that means, it increases the base crit of Arc from 5% to 9,5% (with 9 PC and the Deadly Infusion perk from the Assassin subclass), effectively doubling our total crit chance.
At the moment my Witch reaches about 59% crit witch charges. Wouln'd that mean I'd get to pretty much 100% crit chance? Is that not EXACTLY what this build wants to reach?

Don't get me wrong. I totally understand that you want to keep this a Witch guide. But simply speaking min/max, don't you think that this can't really be bested for this build?

I've got both a Witch and a Shadow at around lvl 90 in std. I guess I'll be trying this build out on both to see what plays out smoother once Ascendancy hits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info