Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
punkasai wrote:
In the build guide it recommends to get chaos resist on the boots, but my crafting skill for lightning and chaos resist is only rank 2 right now, and it's the only chaos resist crafting skill I have. So I'm like should I do this or not :/ little things like that make it hard to get it right. That feeling when I thought I got a good chest armour and tried getting it 6L and spent litterally all my currency without any result, xD so frustrating
Don’t worry about chaos res on boots. You are a long way from that mattering. The purpose is to be able to swap to Kaom’s Heart when fighting Uber Elder without loosing elemental resistance. You are a long way from that point. Take the rest of the gear in stride; the currency will come. Chaos res is nice, but just be extra cautious when fighting syndicate members if it is low.
Last edited by Aldonés on Mar 15, 2019, 12:33:24 PM
I've now entered mapping but seems like survivability is hard. If I accidentally in the middle of the mob and they wail me so that my ES is completely drained I would be sitting duck because of no mana and can't do anything other than walk out, which doesn't quite work.

Seems like this is where Zealot's Oath comes into play? I didn't spec there yet.

Anyways here's my gear at the moment

3.3k life, 1k ES, capped resists.

been thinking to replace tabula with a 5L, removing hypothermia for the moment, should be ok right?
"
jester147 wrote:
been thinking to replace tabula with a 5L, removing hypothermia for the moment, should be ok right?
I always recommend a solid 5L over Tabula Rasa. Also, you don’t have any cold damage on gear, so unless you have an abyss jewel with it (I didn’t look), Hypothermia only has about a 50% uptime due to Conflux being your only method of chill.
"
eternity5575 wrote:
"
Spoiler
Hey there !

So i'm level 84 i have 4750 life / 1900 ES / 840 Mana ( 588 reserved )

My dps tool tip shows around 30k dps for ARC, i'm only using a 5L.

( i dont use Tabula Rasa cause i feel too weak with it )

I'm using the Transcendent Mind Jewel so i removed the Zealot's Oath nodes, and i have enough dexterity so i dont use the +30 node aswell.

Im not having any issue at the moment doing maps Tier 5-6, but i do feel quite weak, when i'm overwhelmed with mobs, i get stunned lock and die, or barely escape spamming whirling blade. And for Bosses, well the single target dps is not that powerfull, and if they get close and hit me, well im really close to die, or i get almost one shot.

I will link my current gear, nothing crazy expensives and it could be upgraded but it's not bad at all.

So my main questions are, can you help me improve my gear, give me some advices on what you think is really bad and should be changed, and also, do you think it's normal that the character feels that weak ? Like i really dont see how i'm going to deal with the minautor for exemple, i'm gonna get one shot instantly ?

Also i'm now trying to save currency for an inpulsa, that should help the dps a lot, but i really can't afford it for now.

Thanks for the help !

Hey bud, I'm not really that good at gearing but I would suggest you to change your body armor to Vaal Regalia base because it would give you a huge chunk of Energy Shield. I see you're using the CWDT setup, IMO I tried the CWDT setup before and I'm not really like it due to it only giving me a chance to survive a big hit and must reposition myself or else I'm dead, I've stick with the Storm Brand + Blind and it makes me feel safer. Another suggestion would be swap out your Quicksilver, 1 Lifeflask for Jade, Quartz or a Basalt flask and for your tree, take the Potency of Will and the Alchemist first, it would help increase your survivability.

Ok i will try that, but honestly, i really dont see how you are supose to handle t15+ maps, and even uber elder or the minautor ??

Really feel like this build is good for beginers etc, clearly awesome, but it's not ment to beat the end game content unless you have like 50 ex worth of gear ?
@eternity5575
Interesting, i'd agree the breaking point should be somewhere around 1.5k - 1.6k ES.

@Singulare
As some people had pointed out, getting the newly reworked Dark Arts cluster helps with Flame dash spamming. Haven't been able to try it myself yet but it may be the solution for more mobility for your setup.

@ocombe
Sounds interesting but i'd be a little concerned about reliability, that's without having been able to try it out tho. That said, Energy Leech is actually a pretty good DPS support as it currently is.

@iLogicalVibe
If you've crafted a weapon with the recipe listed in Leveling Section, it will be fine until you put your Arc into a 4L at a later point. The base doesn't really matter that much.

Gear-wise, you should focus mostly on Energy Shield as we need that after taking the Eldritch Battery Keystone, and ES-based gear is very likely to roll blue sockets, which helps with fitting in all the blue gems we use.

@Japan
I think a Curse/Aurabot hybrid would work best, probably as Occultist or Ascendant. Auras should be Wrath, Zealotry, Discipline, Grace, Purity of Fire/Ice/Lightning and maybe Vitality, for curses Enfeeble, Temp Chains, Ele Weakness, Conductivity and whatever else could fit in.

This would allow you to run Herald of Thunder, Arctic Armour and Aspect of the Spider without needing any reduced Mana reservation investment needed, or alternatively you could drop the current EB setup and go just full mana and no auras, in which case the support should run Clarity instead of Discipline.

@IFeedTheHungry
Amulet and boots have the most upgrade potential, also if you don't have any Cold Damage to Spells anywhere then you'll need that too. And get a Transcendent Mind if you don't have one.

@subcutan
We don't use Arcane Expanse. You're pretty much free to place the extra passives when using Devouring Diadem, if you do need the shock effect to reach 150% and have a good jewel then those two are good options.

@Fuuchouin1
Controlled Destruction would be more DPS, but also drop your crit so much that you definitely have to proc EO with Storm Brand all the time.

@Ferrari420
There's so much wrong with your setup to the point that you don't actually play this build. You literally have none of the flasks mentioned in the build, your gem setup is off, you went with a different choice in your Ascendancy and to add to that, your ES pool is also a little low. Shouldn't be surprising that it's not working out and sorry to say, but it's not the builds fault here.

@PhunkieTown
There should be a 3L available. I've updated the leveling section a few days ago, if you haven't adapted to the early act changes since then just take out the Storm Brand setup for now.

@kyr83
Unleash is pretty good for clearspeed until you get an Inpulsa's. We usually build up all seals until reaching the next pack, which gives us a total of 5 Arcs chaining through the pack with just one skill use. It also gives a good damage increase against bosses where we have to move, only acts as a DPS loss in situations where we can continously cast.

@Asherak
This is really good feedback. I agree that the skill clutter is higher than i'd like it to be, and it's mostly to get some additional defenses into the build.

Elementalist barely offers any effective defenses and there's not much to stack in the upper part of tree either. If we look at Occultist in comparison, it offers lots of defense and since the recent buffs also offense and that's why it's currently the most played class. I really hope GGG gives Elementalist some actual defenses too, soon.

With Dark Arts being reworked and moved, i'll look some more into 1H + Shield setups again and see what I can come up with for next patch. All I can do for this patch is find some more improvements regarding the gem setup, i'm trying to avoid any bigger changes at this point.

@shur07
Yeah the 3.5 setup is still viable, the new setup is just made to reduce initial gearing costs and make it even more SSF viable.

@jlh165
The base looks fairly good. Personally i'd go for a 1H + Shield setup and abuse the new "increased ES from equipped Shield" nodes and probably go with Lightning Warp and Timetwist. I'd also spec into Arcane Will, the mana jwel socket near CI and maybe Deep Thoughts and run Clarity for mana sustain. But i'll leave this one up to you!

@eppix26
Until you throw it away towards the end of Act 3, when you've specced into Eldritch Battery.

@Cendrake
There's two reasons why this setup goes for EB instead of keeping ES over life. First one is that Mind over Matter strictly only works with damage that goes to life, so as long as we have any ES, MoM wouldn't work.

The other is that EB allows us to run Wrath and use a max level Enfeeble with more consistent uptime while still having a good hitpool for MoM and sustain, without needing to invest multiple exalts into specific uniques for that. This is also welcome for SSF, where it could take a while to get them at all. Just to put it into perspective, I didn't get an Essence Worm before Lv97 and Mind of the Council before Lv98 on my last SSF Arcer.

@sanaluffy
Gear looks fairly decent for now, you could try farming yourself one of the boot enchants and as eternity5575 mentioned, maybe look out for a better chest base or even a 6L if possible.

The endgame bossfights are mostly mechanical. Minotaur is a really good example because he hits insanely hard but once you know his mechanics, you can finish him with barely taking any damage at all.

@Stargazer08
Sorry to disappoint, currently I don't have other guides and with how much work I already need to put into this one, also don't really plan to write others.

@punkasai
A reliable way to get some more currency is the chaos recipe. Just vendor a full set of rare gear with ilvl 60-74 and you get a chaos orb back, if it's all unidentified you'll even get two chaos orbs. It's pretty good to get some initial currency to get started.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@eternity5575
Interesting, i'd agree the breaking point should be somewhere around 1.5k - 1.6k ES.

@Singulare
As some people had pointed out, getting the newly reworked Dark Arts cluster helps with Flame dash spamming. Haven't been able to try it myself yet but it may be the solution for more mobility for your setup.

@ocombe
Sounds interesting but i'd be a little concerned about reliability, that's without having been able to try it out tho. That said, Energy Leech is actually a pretty good DPS support as it currently is.

@iLogicalVibe
If you've crafted a weapon with the recipe listed in Leveling Section, it will be fine until you put your Arc into a 4L at a later point. The base doesn't really matter that much.

Gear-wise, you should focus mostly on Energy Shield as we need that after taking the Eldritch Battery Keystone, and ES-based gear is very likely to roll blue sockets, which helps with fitting in all the blue gems we use.

@Japan
I think a Curse/Aurabot hybrid would work best, probably as Occultist or Ascendant. Auras should be Wrath, Zealotry, Discipline, Grace, Purity of Fire/Ice/Lightning and maybe Vitality, for curses Enfeeble, Temp Chains, Ele Weakness, Conductivity and whatever else could fit in.

This would allow you to run Herald of Thunder, Arctic Armour and Aspect of the Spider without needing any reduced Mana reservation investment needed, or alternatively you could drop the current EB setup and go just full mana and no auras, in which case the support should run Clarity instead of Discipline.

@IFeedTheHungry
Amulet and boots have the most upgrade potential, also if you don't have any Cold Damage to Spells anywhere then you'll need that too. And get a Transcendent Mind if you don't have one.

@subcutan
We don't use Arcane Expanse. You're pretty much free to place the extra passives when using Devouring Diadem, if you do need the shock effect to reach 150% and have a good jewel then those two are good options.

@Fuuchouin1
Controlled Destruction would be more DPS, but also drop your crit so much that you definitely have to proc EO with Storm Brand all the time.

@Ferrari420
There's so much wrong with your setup to the point that you don't actually play this build. You literally have none of the flasks mentioned in the build, your gem setup is off, you went with a different choice in your Ascendancy and to add to that, your ES pool is also a little low. Shouldn't be surprising that it's not working out and sorry to say, but it's not the builds fault here.

@PhunkieTown
There should be a 3L available. I've updated the leveling section a few days ago, if you haven't adapted to the early act changes since then just take out the Storm Brand setup for now.

@kyr83
Unleash is pretty good for clearspeed until you get an Inpulsa's. We usually build up all seals until reaching the next pack, which gives us a total of 5 Arcs chaining through the pack with just one skill use. It also gives a good damage increase against bosses where we have to move, only acts as a DPS loss in situations where we can continously cast.

@Asherak
This is really good feedback. I agree that the skill clutter is higher than i'd like it to be, and it's mostly to get some additional defenses into the build.

Elementalist barely offers any effective defenses and there's not much to stack in the upper part of tree either. If we look at Occultist in comparison, it offers lots of defense and since the recent buffs also offense and that's why it's currently the most played class. I really hope GGG gives Elementalist some actual defenses too, soon.

With Dark Arts being reworked and moved, i'll look some more into 1H + Shield setups again and see what I can come up with for next patch. All I can do for this patch is find some more improvements regarding the gem setup, i'm trying to avoid any bigger changes at this point.

@shur07
Yeah the 3.5 setup is still viable, the new setup is just made to reduce initial gearing costs and make it even more SSF viable.

@jlh165
The base looks fairly good. Personally i'd go for a 1H + Shield setup and abuse the new "increased ES from equipped Shield" nodes and probably go with Lightning Warp and Timetwist. I'd also spec into Arcane Will, the mana jwel socket near CI and maybe Deep Thoughts and run Clarity for mana sustain. But i'll leave this one up to you!

@eppix26
Until you throw it away towards the end of Act 3, when you've specced into Eldritch Battery.

@Cendrake
There's two reasons why this setup goes for EB instead of keeping ES over life. First one is that Mind over Matter strictly only works with damage that goes to life, so as long as we have any ES, MoM wouldn't work.

The other is that EB allows us to run Wrath and use a max level Enfeeble with more consistent uptime while still having a good hitpool for MoM and sustain, without needing to invest multiple exalts into specific uniques for that. This is also welcome for SSF, where it could take a while to get them at all. Just to put it into perspective, I didn't get an Essence Worm before Lv97 and Mind of the Council before Lv98 on my last SSF Arcer.

@sanaluffy
Gear looks fairly decent for now, you could try farming yourself one of the boot enchants and as eternity5575 mentioned, maybe look out for a better chest base or even a 6L if possible.

The endgame bossfights are mostly mechanical. Minotaur is a really good example because he hits insanely hard but once you know his mechanics, you can finish him with barely taking any damage at all.

@Stargazer08
Sorry to disappoint, currently I don't have other guides and with how much work I already need to put into this one, also don't really plan to write others.

@punkasai
A reliable way to get some more currency is the chaos recipe. Just vendor a full set of rare gear with ilvl 60-74 and you get a chaos orb back, if it's all unidentified you'll even get two chaos orbs. It's pretty good to get some initial currency to get started.

i really love how you answer all the questens like that. if possible fit in the "questen" as well so everyone else knows what is asked and maybe doesn't ask it again. don't really know if it's more work for you.
Thanks for the effort! it's a great build.
the empower support gem lv 4 is not a good gem to endgame?
increase 3 ilvls to arc i got one last season and increase a lot the arc dmg
"
Enki91 wrote:
@jlh165
I’ll definitely consider looking into shield. I’ll have to crunch numbers, but I expect to see a massive dps loss from running dual Void Battery for end game. I’d have to remove Dark Pact (23% cast speed, 30% movement skill CD reduction, 10 dex, and other less useful stats), and it would result in loosing 334% increased spell damage from Power Charges alone on a build that picks up very little increased damage in the tree, let alone the other stats. I am thinking of starting shield and not dual wielding until the second VB which will be the last major upgrade.

Timetwist with Lightning Warp is an interesting option, but I would want to dedicate a full 4L to it. I would drop dex requirements a little but increase strength. Luckily Swift Affliction can remain at L1 with no downside.

I spent a long time looking for alternatives to mana sustain, and they all ended up with heavy investment. It isn’t cheap to sustain 6L Arc at 3-4 casts per second (Spell Echo only charges once). I never found a viable way without leeching mana. Even curses aren’t viable since you likely won’t be cursing on trash (blasphemy just got too expensive to add in), and single target would have to be viable against Shaper. I will go back to the books and try to find a way. It would be worth it if I could manage for only a few passives spent and Clarity. It’s just too bad Prism Gaurdian isn’t more ES friendly.
"

‣ Get Arcane Surge (keep it Lv1!) from Large Chest and kill Hillock

How long should Arcane Surge stay at Lv1?
"
eppix26 wrote:
"

‣ Get Arcane Surge (keep it Lv1!) from Large Chest and kill Hillock

How long should Arcane Surge stay at Lv1?

With the current iteration of this build, it doesn't matter. Once you take Eldritch Battery, you won't be spending mana on anything and therefore won't be able to trigger arcane surge at all.

Generally speaking (when you aren't using Eldritch Battery), you want to keep arcane surge limited to a level where it can be triggered with a single cast of the skill it's linked to. You need to look at the gem's description and make sure the mana cost required to trigger it is lower than the TOOLTIP mana cost of the spell you will be casting to trigger it.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Mar 15, 2019, 5:11:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info