Trading Discussion: What if trading didn't exist?

It would be like Closed Beta all over again with the drop trades!

Meet in act 2 town, go to Old Fields. Drop your shit, grab the stuff you agreed for, hope nothing gets so complex that you pick up the wrong stuff in the jumble of names and that the other person doesn't try to screw you!
It was a good system you guys.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
RNG would fuck with people so some would have trires/life gear and a unique weapon, while the rest would be capping resists through passive skillpoints...

I never played a build that would require any uniques, but I just like selling what I find and seeing the currency pileup in my stash to one day buy some GG rare items from other players. Being able to trade with others simply rules out the RNG factor and people who prefer self-found are mostly people who are too lazy to pricecheck and put items in a shop. Blizzard pretty much killed D3 by making unique items soulbound.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Last edited by rinleezwins on Dec 22, 2014, 3:48:15 PM
What if self-found players could just accept that options in RNG games are good things.

If you don't want to trade you don't have to. Stop telling other people how to play a game.
you could still "trade" by dropping items on ground. or using guild stash tabs.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
I'd imagine that for most people, not much would change. For me, I don't think it'd bother me too much, other than it would hinder my ability to give away items to guildmates, as well as to pick up the occasional gem that's just not dropping for me.

It would probably also come with changes in regards to how uniques drop. There's so many different ones that that would need to happen so people could get the ones they are looking for. Possibly an increased drop rate, increased odds of chance orbs generating uniques, or else more specific locations for where each can drop, coupled with changes to the level based drop-rate changes.

"
you could still "trade" by dropping items on ground. or using guild stash tabs.

I'd imagine if they didn't want trading, they would do something like have items bind on pickup. Of course, then you'd wind up with people auctioning off things they haven't picked up yet. That sort of thing happens in games like EQ2.
Not sure what you mean by "if".

As far as I'm concerned trading does not exist in this game, being how there is no trade system implemented as promised years ago.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
I'd quit and it's why I quit D3 and came here. My join date is not by accident.

No trade = RNG builds.

I can build whatever I want with trade so long as currency levels support it.

No Trade = no min/maxing.

Vs here if I don't like my 6 cast speed ring I can pursue a 7.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 22, 2014, 6:52:36 PM
It just wouldnt make sense. Just like that. Poof!
I'd quit because RNG would kill me. Even if they up the droprates to a hundred times what it is now, if I want a specific unique it could still happen that it literally never drops. That's no fun.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
If trade didn't exist then GGG would have to redesign the game so that each class only had 1-2 builds. Once they did this they could get rid of the item diversity and just drop what players need.

Like other people in this thread have pointed out, you can just go take a look at D3. They have no item diversity, 1-2 builds per class, and it's all self found. It works fine.

They will do a self-found league for PoE at some point. The game farms absolutely fine the whole way through. But you'd see a lot less diversity in player builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info