[3.2] Cocotheone Righteous Fire - Life Build - 14k hp 4.3k hp reg 800k+ dps - Deathless Shaper

"
Ashrog wrote:
Hi, i'm following your build and loving it. Now i'm thinking of switching cyclone to flame surge. The idea is to put in Doon Cuebiyari: flame surge - spell echo - concentrated effect (plus level 30 iron will).
Then in a four link use: leap slam - curse on hit - warlords mark - ele weakness

Why would i want to do this? Extra damage from flame surge (extra vs burning targets)and life leech from warlords mark. (The mana leech form warlords mark will hopefully fuel my flame surge)

Doubts: in this setup i will have to loose elemental equilibrium. I will need to use a different aura setup to have some spare mana (purity of fire and lightning and vitality most likely).

Question: With the loss of EE will i actually gain any damage? What are your thoughts on this? I dont quite understand how all the damage from RF works, is this a good idea? Or are there some serious problems you can foresee before im gonna try this?

It will be a big fail compared to this high defence build...

EE its very important to, so u will lose a lot of increased damage, if not use a 6l for flame surge like incinerate then don't bother to try...

All the damage from RF it's to get -fire res to the mob / get how much Max hp u can achieve

The passive skill tree its perfect to for pure RF to sustain high damage taken + deal high damage, if want to change to other build's like incinerate / flame surge / flameblast u totally need to change the passive tree.
IGN=Cocotheone
Steam Full Online: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cocotheone
Thanks for your reply, im gonna stick to your build. I had my doubts and for good reason it appears :D
how you getting 96 % global damage
"
how you getting 96 % global damage

It's 1% increased Damage per 8 Strength when in Main Hand from the item Doon Cuebiyari
IGN=Cocotheone
Do you think it is viable to start templar?
"
Andy_Hax wrote:
Do you think it is viable to start templar?

Yea its viable but u lose a bit hp/armor
IGN=Cocotheone
I know this is a potentially super expensive (or lucky) suggestion, but have you thought about getting corrupted items/gems to boost max resists? I'm looking at a way to make a character nearly invincible, but this would likely require sacrificing some hp.

1. Getting a corrupted amulet and armour with +1 max resists each
2. Getting corrupted level 21 purity of fire/ice/lightning with Alpha's howl (+5 max each)
3. Get increased aura effect and buff effect nodes to 60% effective boost, so each aura now increases +8 max resists
4. Swap Rise of the Phoenix for Saffell's Frame (keep as backup though) so you have +4 (+5 legacy) max resists

Counting the max fire resist passive, this gives a total of 90/89/89 max resists for fire/ice/lightning respectively (91/90/90 with legacy SF). This means you can be completely immune to elemental damage with one of each potion.

With your current enduring cry/immortal call setup, you can also sustain physical immunity.

The only thing is chaos resist, which you can now focus on more because you get 42 * 1.6 = 67% elemental resists from auras alone. The rest of elemental resists should not be difficult to obtain. This means now you can get life/chaos accessory items so it's possible to cap chaos resists also without hurting anything else. I'm not sure if corrupted max resists item also take chaos into consideration (like SF) or if it's just elemental, but you could get up to 79% (80% with SF) or 81% (92% with SF) max chaos resist depending on the scenario.

So far, the only sacrifice I'm seeing is the lack of hp from Alpha's Howl (no freeze though, yay!) and a few some passives spent on aura/buff effects. I think this is very well compensated by the toughness gained from increased max resists. Also, let's be realistic and assume no one will be crazy enough to attempt to get +1 max resists on a legacy Kaom's heart (but more likely on non-legacy version), which will certainly lower hp.

Here is a suggested modified lvl 100 tree (I dropped the +4% hp to get aura/buff effects and picked up Unwavering Stance because it's right there and even with a crap ton of hp, you never know when a stunlocking boss/PvP build comes around):

So you go from 271% down to 251% increased hp to effectively get +2% max resists from auras. This also boosts self-damage from RF, but it changes nothing during a potion effect and you take less damage from everything else normally to compensate.

To recap:
Need corrupted items, have a bit less hp, BUT potentially 100% immune to ALL but chaos with 80% or 82% chaos resists depending on how corrupted max resists work. You just have to carry something like 3x ruby flasks, 1 sapphire flask and 1 topaz flask. GG.

Let me know what you think. All the better if someone out there can test this.
"
Songako wrote:
I know this is a potentially super expensive (or lucky) suggestion, but have you thought about getting corrupted items/gems to boost max resists? I'm looking at a way to make a character nearly invincible, but this would likely require sacrificing some hp.

1. Getting a corrupted amulet and armour with +1 max resists each
2. Getting corrupted level 21 purity of fire/ice/lightning with Alpha's howl (+5 max each)
3. Get increased aura effect and buff effect nodes to 60% effective boost, so each aura now increases +8 max resists
4. Swap Rise of the Phoenix for Saffell's Frame (keep as backup though) so you have +4 (+5 legacy) max resists

Counting the max fire resist passive, this gives a total of 90/89/89 max resists for fire/ice/lightning respectively (91/90/90 with legacy SF). This means you can be completely immune to elemental damage with one of each potion.

With your current enduring cry/immortal call setup, you can also sustain physical immunity.

The only thing is chaos resist, which you can now focus on more because you get 42 * 1.6 = 67% elemental resists from auras alone. The rest of elemental resists should not be difficult to obtain. This means now you can get life/chaos accessory items so it's possible to cap chaos resists also without hurting anything else. I'm not sure if corrupted max resists item also take chaos into consideration (like SF) or if it's just elemental, but you could get up to 79% (80% with SF) or 81% (92% with SF) max chaos resist depending on the scenario.

So far, the only sacrifice I'm seeing is the lack of hp from Alpha's Howl (no freeze though, yay!) and a few some passives spent on aura/buff effects. I think this is very well compensated by the toughness gained from increased max resists. Also, let's be realistic and assume no one will be crazy enough to attempt to get +1 max resists on a legacy Kaom's heart (but more likely on non-legacy version), which will certainly lower hp.

Here is a suggested modified lvl 100 tree (I dropped the +4% hp to get aura/buff effects and picked up Unwavering Stance because it's right there and even with a crap ton of hp, you never know when a stunlocking boss/PvP build comes around):

So you go from 271% down to 251% increased hp to effectively get +2% max resists from auras. This also boosts self-damage from RF, but it changes nothing during a potion effect and you take less damage from everything else normally to compensate.

To recap:
Need corrupted items, have a bit less hp, BUT potentially 100% immune to ALL but chaos with 80% or 82% chaos resists depending on how corrupted max resists work. You just have to carry something like 3x ruby flasks, 1 sapphire flask and 1 topaz flask. GG.

Let me know what you think. All the better if someone out there can test this.

1. Good luck to get +1% max res on a kaom and even a amulet its good but u need to sustain a lit of lack of dex/int...
2. It's not much worth it to get lvl21 fire, it's give u a bit fire res but not max res
3. You don't know that Buff effect its a degenerate effect on you if use rf...
buff effect: "The amount of Fire Damage per second taken by the player using Righteous Fire"
4. Well u didn't checked or see i use Saffell's Frame against high spell dmg

The Passive skill tree it's perfect in many opinions, at the moment you don't need to change anything...
IGN=Cocotheone
I'll reformulate this to clarify any misunderstandings. This is about theorycrafting, about potentially improving robustness of the build presented under certain circumstances. To become nearly invincible independently of RNG (unlike block/dodge/evasion builds). This includes being one flask away from immunity from each type of elemental damage, spell or attack.

There is no you or I.

The build presented on the first page already has the advantage of having nothing to do to damage nearby enemies, therefore freeing time to cast enduring cry/immortal call to reach physical immunity as long as there are enemies around to provide endurance charges. However, there are times when even such a tough build gets hurt badly (even dies, as seen in the videos).

Is it possible to become immune to other types of damage too, while dealing damage to enemies? I believe so if one has the proper gear for it, which I sure don't have or expect any single person to currently have sitting in some stash tab.

"
cocotheone wrote:

1. Good luck to get +1% max res on a kaom and even a amulet its good but u need to sustain a lit of lack of dex/int...
2. It's not much worth it to get lvl21 fire, it's give u a bit fire res but not max res
3. You don't know that Buff effect its a degenerate effect on you if use rf...
buff effect: "The amount of Fire Damage per second taken by the player using Righteous Fire"
4. Well u didn't checked or see i use Saffell's Frame against high spell dmg

The Passive skill tree it's perfect in many opinions, at the moment you don't need to change anything...

1. As stated in the first line of my post, this can "super expensive". Disregarding this, in the scenario where one has these items, dexterity would indeed likely be a pain to get, but could certainly be obtained, like chaos resist, from other items because you would be freeing slots from less needed elemental resists (because of auras).

2. To reach the elemental protection suggested, one would need at least 8% max resists from purity gems. One way to get it is to use lvl 21 purities combined with Alpha's howl and the suggested changes to the tree. There are other ways to get it, such as using empower gems and getting every increased aura effect nodes on the tree instead of buff effect. I see the lvl 21 purities + Alpha's Howl solution as a more viable one since it requires few changes from the tree and frees up gems slots compared with the "empower gems" solution.

3. "I" am aware of the increased self-damage from RF, as stated in my post. However, with 91% fire resist under normal circumstance, buffed RF burns 10.2% of hp per second, which is still lower than the 13.2% from passive nodes alone. With a ruby flask, the buff changes nothing to self damage compared with the unbuffed version since fire resist maxes out (101% rounded down to 100%).

4. "I" did notice you have a legacy Saffell's Frame, but this changes nothing to the current theorycrafting scenario.

There is indeed not much worth changing in the tree provided for your current build. The suggested changes to the tree are for the theorycrafting scenario where one is trying to max out elemental resists as well.

So if the proper gear and gems can be obtained (the hardest task, yes), then one could continuously damage nearby enemies without having to do anything, while keeping up immortal call to be immune to physical damage. As for elemental damage, the resists are extremely high under normal circumstances and if the situation becomes too much, ruby/sapphire/topaz flasks can come to the rescue to grant 100% resists.

The only thing left is chaos damage, which would sit at 80% (or maybe 82%, again depending on how the corrupted mod affects chaos resists). With such a high amount of hp, which regenerates at 3% without flasks and 13.2% with a ruby flask, this would likely counter most chaos-dealing attacks seen in PoE so far, but it does not guarantee immunity.

CI is the only way around this, but then RF would not work anymore and one would have to find another way to deal decent damage while freeing up time to keep immortal call going.

I hope this makes it clearer. This is, I believe, an interesting avenue building from your current build if one happens to have the required gear. Perhaps I should simply start a post elsewhere, but I thought your insight would be valuable given the relative proximity between your current build and the potential one suggested in my previous post.
Quick question, if you were to get the 2% fire damage penetration from Celestial Judgement would it backfire on your health pool (penetrate your own resistances) when you enable RF?

EDIT: I know that Celestial Judgement is too far from the build to pick up, but I was just wondering for curiosity sake.
Last edited by Vicieus on Apr 9, 2015, 5:27:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info