Maloney's Nightfall - RIP

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Kaysee wrote:
[..]MN is increased Damage (Global), which is far more powerful: Phys, Elemental, Chaos, DoT, Golems, Traps, Totems and double dipping (AFAIK).

Considering the nature of your post, I strongly feel the need to get specific :P

Golems are Minions, and thus do not benefit from your modifiers.
Damage over Time (currently) cannot trigger conditional Damage modifiers; as such, the versus-Blinded damage modifier cannot apply to DoT and cannot double-dip.

Happy for you to be specific Viper... I don't have anywhere near the spare time to keep up to date with mechanics and testing, so welcome confirmations.

Do Minions benefit from "increased Damage" modifiers on Jewels or only specific "Minion" tagged modifiers? Actually, in hindsight I think I do recall Minions being treated differently.

RE: DoT, I was under the opinion that a blinded mob would be impacted by DoT sources (CA, FT etc). I know DoT can't trigger On Hit effects, but presumed condition damage was treated differently. Happy to have this confirmed either way.

RE: Drillneck comparisons... doesn't phase me and I'm happy for DN to be the BiS or preferred. Also agree Pierce is naturally easier to apply rather than Blind (IMO... GGG should have add the "more" modifier to the Blind Support instead of adding to Pierce Support back when they did). When designing, I basically entrusted GGG (or other designers) with additional methods to apply Blind.

Enjoy.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Mar 24, 2017, 9:40:17 AM
"
Kaysee wrote:
Do Minions benefit from "increased Damage" modifiers on Jewels or only specific "Minion" tagged modifiers? Actually, in hindsight I think I do recall Minions being treated differently.

Jewels are the same as everything else; their modifiers do not apply to your Minions unless explicitly stated otherwise. :) Minion is the obvious one, and Allies also works (ex. auras).

"
Kaysee wrote:
(IMO... GGG should have add the "more" modifier to the Blind Support instead of adding to Pierce Support back when they did)

That would've been nice, yeah, Blind is kinda hard to justify at the moment imo. I still don't understand why Pierce has a More Damage multiplier at all, but here we are.. Oh well. We'll live.

Hm. Might try convincing Grey to make a heavy smoker team next league, that could be fun.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Is the constant 10% it then? Seems a bit tame compared to some of the other buffs.

There's a couple other changes too!
Physical Damage used to be 7-10, now 10-16 as a max roll
Smoke Cloud chance was 10%, now 25%
Increased Damage capped out at 40%, now 40-60%
My bad i forgot to post here during Legacy..or did i?

I made a splendid build Using Maloney as BiS Quiver for a CI Pathfinder. I was super proud because i tried for many league to make a build arround it.

If you google "wikarina" "currencies" you will find a serie YT video showcasing it ( on a cell now so cannot link)

I may revisit Maloney's Nightfall in 3.1 because i have got many idea to try tinkering with.

Also if i didn't already did it: thank you for that amazing unique that gave me many struggles, joys an amazement: tinkering, theocrafting and finally accomplishing.

One super good fact about it: on every single new league, when Drillneck cost 12 to 20 chaos, you will almost always find Maloney's for like 1 chaos and it is more versatile and usually WAY more powerfull when you can equip it!
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
Kaysee wrote:

First, am I a “rich kid”?
No. I’m a 40yo, middle class, long time gamer who had to present a “cost v benefits” demonstration to another financial stakeholder (my Wife) before I could buy the Diamond Supporter package. FTR, I justify my gaming/entertainment spending based on a $ per hour value. Movie/cinema tickets cost around $20 for 2 hours ($10 ph), so that is pretty high… but games like Mass Effect or Skyrim etc is cost around $70 for over 140 hours gameplay ($0.50 ph), so that is a bargain. WoW was $15 per month for > 100 hours gameplay (~$0.20 ph). POE is of course free, but a Diamond Supporter was $1,000 and I have had over 3,000 hours of gameplay (~$0.33ph)… so it was easily justified in terms of $ph for entertainment.

You forgot to add in the electricity bill from running the game on your PCs.
Internet connection contract from your ISP, well u can ignore that since most ppl used it for other purpose too.

"
Kaysee wrote:

The WIFE - Kaykaysee - for being everything she is and my everything.

Good for U. There are ppl still looking for their soulmate.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.

They need to boost Maloney's Nightfall. Its currently sub-par. That smoke thingy is practically useless.

Unless they increased the chance to 33% OR
change the location where the smoke is generated. (preferably where it hits, instead of under the player feet.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Loved the backstory Maloney!

Don't worry too much if the item is popular or not, as long as you like it and are satisfied, and feel its a good tribute to your grandfather!

Wouldn't mind seeing 25 % chance instead of a mere 10 % though!
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Well well

I'm redoing a chinsol shrapnel shot saboteur and I might give this a go and I want to take a different approach now (item wise)

I'll take born in the shadows which blind nearby enemies and the fact that the bow is cheap I might be able to add a decent corruption to it (like point blank whcih would save me 3 skills pts)
old thread none the less~

This was my go to quiver when I was doing trap - mirror arrow/barrage since the minions would gain the smokecloud when hit. Mind you I had about 50-70 minions on the floor at a time before trap changes (this isn't possible now), so needless to say I had over 70+ clouds simultaneously. Was epic defense!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info