So where is my respec?

I agree that a respec should be given.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Don't worry, happened to me before with Aztiri challenge.

Speaking from experience, you'll get over it eventually. Shit happens.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
Speaking from experience, you'll get over it eventually. Shit happens.

Ohh I'm over it, I'll just keep my wallet closed for any foreseeable future...

Time to join the Ondars train like everyone else, shame on me for thinking outside the box....
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
What's the big deal? just reroll and play a diff builds >.<
"
SteveZ wrote:
What's the big deal? just reroll and play a diff builds >.<

Time and currency invested...

"
Please note I think it's a good change, and agree with the others who have said so. But I don't believe that's the point here.

Yeah the change might be for the better but at the same time I shouldn't have to be the one paying for it. I made a build based on the information given and it worked out just as expected and I enjoyed it, the change broke the whole concept and as such GGG should grant a respec to everyone with the node allocated.

I have now spent the regrets needed to conform to Acro + Ondars that seems to be the required defensive path.

I do think "10% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on critical strike with a melee weapon" would have been a better solution though.

"
Redblade wrote:
Perhaps you want to donate a few then as you think it's OK for GGG to destroy builds like that...I only need about 90 of them.

My aching ass.

Your build is "destroyed" in the sense that you have to unspec one cluster and run EC (or ECoMS). But wait, that's not extreme enough for you so you have to switch to Acro + Ondars on a whim...?

---

You made the build based on the information given, and things change. Will you also want a respec when they add new uniques later in the league that you didn't have the opportunity to build for ahead of time? What about when they find out a skill you're using has been erroneously doing twice as much damage as intended and they "fix the bug"? Or an enemy has accidentally been counting dodge chance twice and they "fix the bug"?

GGG gives out full respecs like candy every major tree change. This is a minor tree change. Thank the lucky stars that this game has easily obtainable respec options.

---

I will say that it's a bit fucked that GGG miscommunicated effectively an API change and that they broke custom by making such a change during a letter patch. They could have at least done the right thing and upgraded it to 1.3.1.
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 18, 2014, 5:23:31 AM
"
pneuma wrote:
My aching ass.

Mature...

"
pneuma wrote:
Your build is "destroyed" in the sense that you have to unspec one cluster and run EC (or ECoMS). But wait, that's not extreme enough for you so you have to switch to Acro + Ondars on a whim...?

The build was based around getting the charges from Smashing Strikes, without them the build had no real defense. Acro + Ondars is the alternative, one that I honestly wanted to avoid as it's dull playing the same as everyone else.

"
pneuma wrote:
You made the build based on the information given, and things change. Will you also want a respec when they add new uniques later in the league that you didn't have the opportunity to build for ahead of time?

Apples and pears...

"
pneuma wrote:
What about when they find out a skill you're using has been erroneously doing twice as much damage as intended and they "fix the bug"? Or an enemy has accidentally been counting dodge chance twice and they "fix the bug"?

No one is suggesting bugs shouldn't be fixed...stop using hyperbole to try and prove your nonexistent point.

"
pneuma wrote:
GGG gives out full respecs like candy every major tree change. This is a minor tree change. Thank the lucky stars that this game has easily obtainable respec options.

For you it may seem minor, for anyone that aimed for that node based on it's description and functionality will disagree with you. Especially if they invested over 10ex in gear to support the build.

"
pneuma wrote:
I will say that it's a bit fucked that GGG miscommunicated effectively an API change and that they broke custom by making such a change during a letter patch. They could have at least done the right thing and upgraded it to 1.3.1.

They changed how the passive worked mechanically, something they have been adamant about in the past to not do mid challenge league. The right thing to do would have been to grant a respec to the players who had the node allocated as it changed it's behavior drastically.

I just don't see it. I said "my aching ass" because the entire thread comes off as hyperbole. Your issue seems hyperbolic. I get the strong impression that you're in too deep on this argument and are trying to angle GGG into a respec for an ultimately selfish and small reason.

I don't see how 10ex and a whole tree is cornered on this one way of getting endurance charges. Surely there exists a way for you to gain endurance charges other than this one node this one way and without having to shift gears, throws your hands up, and "remake everything". Surely the 10ex in gear is not custom gear that can only ever be used with this one mechanic and was destroyed after this change, and is instead generally strong gear (a crit staff, namely) that could be used on virtually any other good build.

My point with the uniques/buffs/nerfs that happen later on in the league is that they may not also be accompanied by full resets, and yet the end result is that people will see the changes and want to change their characters in return. It's not apples and oranges, it's apples and apples. They've also been "adamant to not change things mid-league" and, to the best of my knowledge, have changed at least one major thing in every league to date.
"
pneuma wrote:
I just don't see it. I said "my aching ass" because the entire thread comes off as hyperbole. Your issue seems hyperbolic. I get the strong impression that you're in too deep on this argument and are trying to angle GGG into a respec for an ultimately selfish and small reason.

No, I'm arguing that I, and everyone else that had the node, should have been given a respec as it's the right thing to do.

"
pneuma wrote:
I don't see how 10ex and a whole tree is cornered on this one way of getting endurance charges. Surely there exists a way for you to gain endurance charges other than this one node this one way and without having to shift gears, throws your hands up, and "remake everything". Surely the 10ex in gear is not custom gear that can only ever be used with this one mechanic and was destroyed after this change, and is instead generally strong gear (a crit staff, namely) that could be used on virtually any other good build.

You assume that the build works the same with minor changes, what if it doesn't work at all, what if you have to switch out lots of gems that you spent GCP's on and the time leveling. The gear is partiall crafted for the purpose through bench crafting and as such might be rendered useless until you get masters to level 7. There are so many factors, the staff, Hegemony's in this case, might have cost me more than it's normally worth because it's early in the league and might be affected negatively by this change.

There is a reason why build breaking changes generally take place between leagues where you get a respec and have a new league to start over in.

"
pneuma wrote:
My point with the uniques/buffs/nerfs that happen later on in the league is that they may not also be accompanied by full resets, and yet the end result is that people will see the changes and want to change their characters in return. It's not apples and oranges, it's apples and apples. They've also been "adamant to not change things mid-league" and, to the best of my knowledge, have changed at least one major thing in every league to date.

It's apples and oranges because one you have no idea about, besides that there will come new uniques, and as such couldn't have wasted time effort and currency on. This one worked just as described until this change and as such made me, and probably others, waste a lot of time effort and currency.

If it had been a correction of the description we wouldn't have this conversation as my build would still work just the way it did before the patch. Qarl even says he didn't know the mechanics changed...

To me he's post basically says "We fucked up but we like how it turned out so sucks to be you." and that's no way to treat your customers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info