So where is my respec?

"
Redblade wrote:
No, I'm arguing that I, and everyone else that had the node, should have been given a respec as it's the right thing to do.

"Right" being utterly subjective here, not a statement of fact.

"
Redblade wrote:
You assume that the build works the same with minor changes, what if it doesn't work at all, what if you have to switch out lots of gems that you spent GCP's on and the time leveling. The gear is partiall crafted for the purpose through bench crafting and as such might be rendered useless until you get masters to level 7. There are so many factors, the staff, Hegemony's in this case, might have cost me more than it's normally worth because it's early in the league and might be affected negatively by this change.

There is a reason why build breaking changes generally take place between leagues where you get a respec and have a new league to start over in.

You're right -- I am assuming. My long experience playing this game has me wagering that this change is not unfixable and does not brick a character. I suggested two quick solutions, and I'm sure there are others as well.

The problem is that you had a source of endurance charges and that source went away. Now you have to figure out a way to get them back, and you will have to sacrifice some things to make that happen.

If you want to talk about actual bricking mid-league, I'd love to tell you a tale of a CwS-based character that was unplayable after they modified CwS mid-league. It relied on a certain amount of damage being leeched to overcome the incoming damage which triggered the leech in the first place. Oddly enough, I didn't come to the forums and cry for a respec for that arguably much worse change, even if it was the right thing to do.

"
Redblade wrote:
To me he's post basically says "We fucked up but we like how it turned out so sucks to be you." and that's no way to treat your customers.

Yes! They did fuck up, we're all in agreement there.

The difference is that the solution to your problem seems to be well within your grasp, and when faced with the decision to fix it yourself or make a thread talking about what GGG ought and ought not to do, you opted for Door #2. Mountains out of molehills.
I want to say "man up and pick a melee skill" but that would be very insensitive of me. Instead I advice you to equip enduring cry for the charges.
"
Redblade wrote:
"
SteveZ wrote:
What's the big deal? just reroll and play a diff builds >.<

Time and currency invested...

Ingame currency = pixels
"
Redblade wrote:
There is a reason why build breaking changes generally take place between leagues where you get a respec and have a new league to start over in.

There's another reason for the timing of those respecs: so that new/returning players don't get confused/turned off by constant respecs. You would force a respec on thousands of players just so that a handful of builds be fixed.

The devs specifically stated that they would keep an eye on the effects of this node and jump in if necessary. You gambled, and lost. Sorry for your loss.

By the way, I agree "with a melee weapon" might be a better solution but it's possible dagger ST builds are also targeted by this change. So, "with a staff", maybe?

Rory_Rackham on Reddit 11 days ago, re. Smashing Strikes.
"
Yeah, this was intentional, so players can be 'smart' and use these bonuses on crazy builds at great cost. We can easily change them to be weapon specific if any of them become a balance issue, we'll see what you guys do with them!

Antnee83 replied.
"
Ignoring the specific build buffs, this only goes to reinforce the CwDT+IC meta. Now, you can just leave out the enduring cry.

I implore you to make this a specific node before it's released, and you have to change it retroactively. Much less hurt feelings this way.

One week later, 1.3.0 is released.
People are "'smart' and use these bonuses on crazy builds at great cost".

5 days later
"
Changed Smashing Strikes so endurance charges are only gained from melee critical strikes.

Well played.
Managed to piss people off, ignore feedback, give false hope and have some probable GGG desired economical effect all in one.

InB4 the notable is changed to weapon specific to fuck people over even more that were "'smart' and use these bonuses on crazy builds at great cost". It would appear, being 'smart' isn't what it may at first seem.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Dec 18, 2014, 8:01:04 AM
Those who claim their build was destroyed by this change- mind posting your gear and skill tree?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Rory_Rackham on Reddit 11 days ago, re. Smashing Strikes.
"
Yeah, this was intentional, so players can be 'smart' and use these bonuses on crazy builds at great cost. We can easily change them to be weapon specific if any of them become a balance issue, we'll see what you guys do with them!

Antnee83 replied.
"
Ignoring the specific build buffs, this only goes to reinforce the CwDT+IC meta. Now, you can just leave out the enduring cry.

I implore you to make this a specific node before it's released, and you have to change it retroactively. Much less hurt feelings this way.

To be fair, I was only a tiny voice in the din.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Dec 18, 2014, 8:13:24 AM

Hey, the game gives you enough respec points for 20% of your nodes. Spend another ex and buy some regrets and call it a day.
"
Antnee wrote:
To be fair, I was only a tiny voice in the din.

I know, Ant.
But it was the immediate and very relevant response.

When/if you sort out that mess of a quote -_- could you also edit my 'Smashing' edit of 'Static'.

OCD, you know :)
Casually casual.

"
Antnee wrote:

that was some Miss Cleo shit right thur... way to pro-actively call the oncoming F up.

My unimportant opinion on the matter?

It's GGG's software, their property, subject to change at any time they feel like it. Sure, OP's wallet might be closed for a while, but that comes with the territory. Greater good and all that. Wish you the best, have fun re-rolling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info