So where is my respec?

Designed my whole build around getting Smashing Strikes, leveled it up to 84 and geared it up with Hegemony's Era, crafted some items for the purpose over 80 hours or so. Only to have it made unplayable with the nerf to the passive, and not even a respec is offered as compensation.

Disappointment and anger is only beginning to describe the feeling this kick in the balls from GGG left.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
What nerf?
"
Changed the wording on Smashing Strikes to clarify that endurance charges are only gained from melee critical strikes.

It did more than change the wording, it changed the actual behavior of the passive.

Or you just are choosing to notice the non crits now that it is published? 5 minutes into the patch and you claim it changed?
Why don't you try to talk with support about it? It's fair. I think the range + staff node combination was a unnecessary buff, and it would be nerfed eventually...
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Changed the wording on Smashing Strikes to clarify that endurance charges are only gained from melee critical strikes.

It did more than change the wording, it changed the actual behavior of the passive.

I'll update the patch-note, I had not understood that the behaviour had also changed.

We are happy with the change however. We will not be giving any respecs for builds changed in lettered patches.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by Qarl on Dec 17, 2014, 10:25:53 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"

I'll update the patch-note, I had not understood n that the behaviour had also changed.

We are happy with the change however. We will be giving and respecs for builds changed in lettered patches.

Sorry for any confusion.

Why not just make it apply to melee weapons only and it's a win win? I based my entire build around this passive the way it was worded and invested around 80 hours and 10+ex in to it and now it's completely unplayable...

A respecc later doesn't help me now, this change effects not only my ability to play but also my ability to get top 50 8/8 as I would have to re-roll completely at this point.

As i said, the anger and disappointment over this is indescribable.

It's one of those changes for the greater good of the game as a whole.

Kudos to GGG for taking care of it early on so that players have plenty of time to alter or reroll if necessary.

Better now than a month in :)
"
It's one of those changes for the greater good of the game as a whole.

Kudos to GGG for taking care of it early on so that players have plenty of time to alter or reroll if necessary.

Better now than a month in :)

If it came with a free respec then I could live with it even though I'd still be unhappy as I sunk all my currency in to it. As it was done it's unacceptable.

"
"
Redblade wrote:

A respecc later doesn't help me now, this change effects not only my ability to play but also my ability to get top 50 8/8 as I would have to re-roll completely at this point.

As i said, the anger and disappointment over this is indescribable.

And note that it now says a respec "will not be" given :D

Fucking unbelievable, waste your players time and efforts and then spit them in the face when they want a reasonable solution to make their character to be playable again...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info