That +40 life from the bandit

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Firnefex wrote:
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
if you think 8% res is anywhere near +40 life you need a math class

Yes, because 8% Resistances are way better than 40 Life if you are not capped.

no its not , if you need resists waste a point on a 6% node respec later , but you can never have enough life but there is always a cap on resists.

it is never ever worth making a 20 regret mistake .

what if you have already taken all 6% nodes and are still not capped?
"
almostdead wrote:

what if you have already taken all 6% nodes and are still not capped?

stop what you are doing , and go farm easy content for gear that will cap you if it matters that much. it is still not ever worth the 20 regrets you will need later.
"
torturo wrote:
Well, woe/bor fb/bor are exceptions.

Actually, my fb/bor build still happens to be overcapped in res. Not sure what happened in this patch, but my resistances skyrocketed, especially fire res which was lacking when I had Lioneye's Remorse equipped. With Saffell's Frame, I am way overcapped in resistances. lol

I got like 13 characters in end-game, I think 8-9 went with Normal Oak reward, and 2 went with Normal Alira reward. The remaining ones went kill all since normal bandit rewards had no benefit to the build.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Once I partied with someone, and I asked him which bandit he was going to help.
He told me, 'you are the hero of this game, you were supposed to kill them all and save the village'.
Since then I always take the passive point.
"
draygourn wrote:
'you are the hero of this game, you were supposed to kill them all and save the village'.

[ ] he understands what "filthy, shameless, selfish exile" means
[x] he doesn't understand what "filthy, shameless, selfish exile" means
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Like, deal with the bandit, set village on fire, enslave the women and slaughter the rest?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
draygourn wrote:
'you are the hero of this game, you were supposed to kill them all and save the village'.

[ ] he understands what "filthy, shameless, selfish exile" means
[x] he doesn't understand what "filthy, shameless, selfish exile" means

technically they want you to just stop the war between the three
"
torturo wrote:
Like, deal with the bandit, set village on fire, enslave the women and slaughter the rest?

what troubles you bring now...
What you choose here will not break your character for 90% of builds.

Yet the right answer is usually life.

For an early league build, I grabbed 40% all resists on the passive tree, snd I'm now going so far over-capped its getting funny. But I never considered the 8%. I'm actually going to free respec out of half of those resists pretty soon. Just keeping them cause it makes gearing so damn easy.

I'm playing a level 80 scion in the beyond league. I was generally in the top 300, but never really above 250, and I'll soon be quickly dropping like a rock as I started 2 alts. That, plus job and family, lol.

Two of my guild mates are both in the top 100, one was at 25 and the other around 75. Neither took resists either in the passive tree or from bandits. If you're wearing multiple rares with 40% all resists each, the resists really add up quick.

I'm actually not really wearing much resists on my jewelery, and my gear is pretty sub-par, but I'm like 120/91/96 or something like that before running purity of fire.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcEswhnCPQMfRB_FSAYPBo4IbAj9icvKPoqOCpNKo0s6S6UMHwy0TT3NZI22DpYPAU9Xz8nRUdFnUbXSRtKfUrITLNNklJTU1JVxlb6Xypj_WegakNtGW6qcYV0VXfXeuZ9W38rgpuCx4Lkg9uHdoqvjX2PRpARkFWTOpeFl5WX9Jo7muCboZ_fogCnCKlurEesmLFCtfK4k7zqvSe-vMAawFTAZsae1orYvdq53Q3jn-vu7DjsVe988B_xbPfX-ej8xf4K
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Dec 18, 2014, 10:17:27 AM
Damn it. I took the stupid ass 8% res and now wish I could go back and get the +40 Life.

Only when you hit higher levels (I realized it around 65) do you realize how important vitality is in this game.

It's actually quite annoying. I feel like you really do have to pick up every damn health node near key nodes you are heading towards.

I wish resistances worked better in this game. 5K life requirements in endgame seem unreachable to me right now...but I'm also unsure how my life is going to scale by the time I hit 75.

I'm 65 right now and I am just shy of 2700 life. I have taken just about every +% life node there is...but the real sad thing is that there is very few +Life (not percent) nodes where I am building from my Scion tree.

I almost feel like I need to restart. Disappointing. :[

...then again...I'm still pretty much rocking all rares and don't have any real gg gear or anything so maybe farming might be able to salvage this character from being stuck in merciless forever.
Last edited by Prizy on Dec 18, 2014, 12:29:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info