[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

I got to lvl 66 and switched to COC-Frost Wall on the beta. Couple of issues/questions:

Damage is really really good and I still use a Twyzel - good but...

How do you navigate? Lightning Warp is slow, Quartz flask consume 40/60 charges.
ES regain on hit doesn't cut it. I have 350 ES + EB and that's hardly enough. Should I drop Acrobatics?

===

I got super lucky with GGGBB on my Voll's on the 4th chrome used. I don't want to test dropping pierce with such a good coloring. I am fusing another 6s Volls atm, see how it goes with it.

Another idea I had is to drop out frost wall and go full CoC with spells. Then link Frost Wall with Spell Echo and Increased Duration and only use it for bosses. Mob clear speed is actually faster because no annoying walls spawn. Besides with Frost Wall knocking back things the first walls do nothing to your DPS since the mob has been pushed too far back.

Since you've been testing the new knockback gloves - how do they work with frost wall?

Twyzel... nice, I just had to wiki that. It looks like a great leveling wand!

I'm level 77 on 1.3 and also find lightning warp slow. I find Adrenaline + Quartz the most effective.

In 1.3 I've also played around with dropping Frost Wall and Pierce and using other Spells and even using Blood Magic and running another aura.

Other ones I have found work quite well are Frost Wall + Ice Nova/Arc/Cold Snap. Frost Wall + Ice Nova is seriously fun... cause you have explosions coming out of you constantly and it provides extra defence extra melee attackers. It's also extremely effective in other situations such as opening boxes.

In the end, I have found that Frost Wall and Pierce do give a massive boost and I keep going back to them and damage and clearance always feel smoother and faster. Although playing around with the other spells is always good for variety and fun.

I'm interested to hear from OP though.
Last edited by brunowa on Jun 9, 2015, 7:21:03 AM
Lightning Warp is even worse in beta because Reduced Duration is now Less Duration. So at max level you end up with 75% effective reduction instead of 100% as on live.
"
azmodael wrote:
I got to lvl 66 and switched to COC-Frost Wall on the beta. Couple of issues/questions:

Damage is really really good and I still use a Twyzel - good but...

How do you navigate? Lightning Warp is slow, Quartz flask consume 40/60 charges.
ES regain on hit doesn't cut it. I have 350 ES + EB and that's hardly enough. Should I drop Acrobatics?

===

I got super lucky with GGGBB on my Voll's on the 4th chrome used. I don't want to test dropping pierce with such a good coloring. I am fusing another 6s Volls atm, see how it goes with it.

Another idea I had is to drop out frost wall and go full CoC with spells. Then link Frost Wall with Spell Echo and Increased Duration and only use it for bosses. Mob clear speed is actually faster because no annoying walls spawn. Besides with Frost Wall knocking back things the first walls do nothing to your DPS since the mob has been pushed too far back.

Since you've been testing the new knockback gloves - how do they work with frost wall?

Quartz flask should be enough. Flask reduced charges used/increased duration on belt helps, as does the flask wheel by witch. Other than that you might need more crit to refresh your charges faster with surgeon's. Or maybe you use the flask too early/often?

I'm using +5 ES gain on hit and around 300 ES and it's enough for me. Other option is to use Thief's Torment ring and just use mana to attack.

Knockback gloves work okay, but not great. The idea is that they counteract the frost wall pushback, allowing you to benefit from all your frost walls from the first time you attack. In practice, since the knockback chance and frost wall proc both aren't 100%, it works some times, but other times pulls them too close or pushes them too far.

"
brunowa wrote:
Twyzel... nice, I just had to wiki that. It looks like a great leveling wand!

I'm level 77 on 1.3 and also find lightning warp slow. I find Adrenaline + Quartz the most effective.

In 1.3 I've also played around with dropping Frost Wall and Pierce and using other Spells and even using Blood Magic and running another aura.

Other ones I have found work quite well are Frost Wall + Ice Nova/Arc/Cold Snap. Frost Wall + Ice Nova is seriously fun... cause you have explosions coming out of you constantly and it provides extra defence extra melee attackers. It's also extremely effective in other situations such as opening boxes.

In the end, I have found that Frost Wall and Pierce do give a massive boost and I keep going back to them and damage and clearance always feel smoother and faster. Although playing around with the other spells is always good for variety and fun.

I'm interested to hear from OP though.

I think that running Frost wall + 2 spells is viable, but I'm not yet convinced that it's better. It seems more like a choice you would make because you find the spell version more "fun". I haven't fully tested this on CB of course, so it could potentially be very good.

Looks like you can still play this build. But now you need a Voll's Protector.

Link to the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4g3WSgiWqY

Also FW now does damage and with the GMP changes KB does a lot more damage.

Im very happy about this :D
Yep, I thought you would be glad at the changes. Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed though, with a video with that many views...
Hi

very nice build. I just started A3 Merciless. I leveled with "Firetrap" and "Searing Bond" up to level 40 before switching to "CoC". It was a bit harsh in the beginning but doable and I did not die either.

My biggest problem is fighting single targets. I sometimes run into mana problems because my mana pool is only big enough for 2 attacks (with 2 heralds only) and if both miss, don't crit (no "Power Charges" yet) or don't spam "Frostwalls" I'm in trouble. Especially if my flask run dry before I can trigger the chain-reaction. I suspect that once I can use "Add Accuracy" things will get a lot better but I'm out of Chromatics right now and 6-linking my Voll's bankrupted me.
- Did you experience the same?
- How did you solve it?
- Does "Eldritch Battery" convert ES to mana before "Acrobatics"?

With my gear I could reach ~90% crit with 5 "Power Charges", 95% if I pick the 6th charge from Alira. With the Awakening changes to "Frostwall" I could as well use "Voll's Devotion" and go for Oak's "Endurance Charge" for more defense.
- How big is the difference when you go from ~90 to 95% crit chance?

I use a unique belt "The Magnat". With it I have a 100% uptime of all my "Surgeons" Flasks.
In the beginning I also used "Poacher's Mark" to recharge my flasks faster. Now the main goal of the curse is the less evasive part since my current accuracy is bad. I already burned around 800 Chromatics to get 4 green sockets but no luck so far.
- Did you use Vorici's 2 or 3 color offering?
- Do you remember how many Chromatics you burned?

I'm also not sure yet if I should take "Eldritch Battery", "Acrobatics", "Berserking" and the "Wandslinger" clusters or invest these points into shield & block nodes and then go for "Rainbowstride", "Stone of Lazhwar" and "Rumi's" or "Saffel's" for max block/spell-block. These uniques do not provide life though...
- Have you considered these options?

When I remember correctly with Awakening "Anger" will work with spells too.
- Is the same true for "Wrath"? If not, Anger will be much better for this build since it will boost "Frostwall"

- Have you ever tried Atziri with your build?
- How die you fare?

Thanks!

Last edited by fae76 on Jul 10, 2015, 2:35:56 PM
It appears we've been ninja nerfed into the ground. I am getting almost no explosions from hitting a frost wall. Most likely this is due to a behind the scenes change with how the wall is constructed, as it seems like one large unit instead of many small connected ones.

Build is dead. Maybe this is accidental, but I doubt it...
:-(
"
pabrt wrote:
It appears we've been ninja nerfed into the ground. I am getting almost no explosions from hitting a frost wall. Most likely this is due to a behind the scenes change with how the wall is constructed, as it seems like one large unit instead of many small connected ones.

Build is dead. Maybe this is accidental, but I doubt it...

Please fix build skill tree again Y_Y. Because you guide make me strong. Best guide and thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info