[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

"
Firnefex wrote:
How about Chain instead of Pierce? Then its still proccing 3 times more in packs.
Only for bosses you need another solution.

If you don't have pierce, you don't pierce your walls with KB, so you ll shot one time, thre will be walls between you and your target, and then won't be able to do dmg
Yep. I am trying to get answers here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1319669/page/2/#p11038478

But no response so far.

Just to make it clear for everyone reading this thread: do not spec into this build, it is no longer functioning. If you want to know why/if it might be fixed, you could go post in that thread or make your own.
"
kaisersoze80 wrote:
Just respecced.

This is my lvl-80 build tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YEBwW1CLEJoA3RDkgOXBGWFLAgbioLKlstHzBxMgk1kjY9OkI7KD9zP_xFfkZxSshLV0t4TLNQMFLsVcZZvFpSXfJgQ2KsY0Nq-mxGbIxs521sbj1uqm87b55wUnDVcmx3B3gNeWh7w3_Ggh6CXoMJg9uHE4hCidOMC42_kyeVIJphm12cpJ2qoS-omqlutAy0xbVItfK5fL6Avoq-7sAawOPBxcHzwuzFKMfKyUTK085w1CPYvd2o6GbssPGz8pfz6vZb?accountName=kaisersoze80&characterName=Artigliera

As stated before, still working fine against mob packs, but build is dead against single targets.

What's the difference to any other Kinetic Blast build then?
Kinetic Blast was always weak against single targets and this is what CoC Frostwall overcame and made it so very strong.

I'm not so sure if Frostwall is bugged somehow right now. Even Explosive Arrows do not behave predictably when shooting against a Frostwall (without pierce). Sometimes multiple Arrows stick and explode and sometimes just one. Would be nice to get some feedback and clarification from GGG.
"
fae76 wrote:
Kinetic Blast was always weak against single targets and this is what CoC Frostwall overcame and made it so very strong.

I'm not so sure if Frostwall is bugged somehow right now. Even Explosive Arrows do not behave predictably when shooting against a Frostwall (without pierce). Sometimes multiple Arrows stick and explode and sometimes just one. Would be nice to get some feedback and clarification from GGG.

I know. I really hope that this is not an intended fix: they could at least have reported it in the changes log.

And if they did this because they though this was too powerful, they could have nerfed it in many better ways, making this build still usable.
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░░░░░▄██
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄███████▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄███▄░░░░▄████▄░░░░░░▄██
"
fae76 wrote:
"
kaisersoze80 wrote:
Just respecced.

This is my lvl-80 build tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YEBwW1CLEJoA3RDkgOXBGWFLAgbioLKlstHzBxMgk1kjY9OkI7KD9zP_xFfkZxSshLV0t4TLNQMFLsVcZZvFpSXfJgQ2KsY0Nq-mxGbIxs521sbj1uqm87b55wUnDVcmx3B3gNeWh7w3_Ggh6CXoMJg9uHE4hCidOMC42_kyeVIJphm12cpJ2qoS-omqlutAy0xbVItfK5fL6Avoq-7sAawOPBxcHzwuzFKMfKyUTK085w1CPYvd2o6GbssPGz8pfz6vZb?accountName=kaisersoze80&characterName=Artigliera

As stated before, still working fine against mob packs, but build is dead against single targets.

well, frost wall + coc still lets you wreck a single target if you get him up against a (terrain) wall first, as the frost walls will pin him in place with pseudo knockback and the kinetic blasts shotgun off the wall.

But yes, I made a thread in the bug reports forum a few days ago;
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1323370

no response there either
Last edited by clan_iraq on Jul 20, 2015, 9:26:53 AM
Okay, got confirmation here that this build is gone and won't be returning: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1319669/page/4#p11111444

To repeat, this build is dead. Do not spec into this build.
Ah good we got confirmation. But uh, is the build really going to be dead when that is fixed? From marks explanation, they will reallow kinetic blast to create explosions from frost walls in the near future, and that will allow shotgunning single targets with CoC - FW - GMP - KB - Pierce again. You just won't get frost walls from hitting frost walls, but you'll still get them from hitting monsters

Once thats fixed I believe this build will be alive again.
"
you'll be unable to get cast-on-crit triggers from critting your own frost walls

This quote seems to me like he's saying if kinetic blast hits/crits a frost wall, the explosions will not trigger cast on crit even if they hit enemies.

The alternative meaning it could have is that critting the wall itself won't proc cast on crit. But that was never the case, so why would he be mentioning it as going away?

Specifically in context he is referring to the change as being a fix to the instance crash bug. The instance crash is specifically due to triggering cast on crit from hitting frost wall (and then exploding on enemies). Their solution seems to be removing cast on crit triggers, but reallowing explosions on walls.
Last edited by pabrt on Jul 23, 2015, 11:30:18 PM
I guess that syntactic nuance remains to be clarified.
I would understand it as somehow someone figured out a way to activate cast-on-crit by striking frost walls themselves, something you shouldn't have been able to do in the first place, but if you did it, could easily cause instance crashes since it would make exponential walls and blow up the servers, yeah. But if he's saying that the kinetic blasts generated from frost wall pierces won't trigger further CoC procs, then that would mean that the build is nerfed, but still plausible. You still get an appreciable amount of frost walls from spamming on a single target enemy right now, its just that those frost walls aren't amplifying your damage at all. If those pierced blasts couldn't crit, at least the walls you generate would be amplifying your damage, it would just be quadratic instead of exponential
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Fixed a bug where Cast on Critical Strike would trigger when hitting Frost Walls.

From thread:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1399207

Patch is due for tomorrow, we should at least get kinetic blast explosion through frost walls.

We'll see how this works.
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░░░░░▄██
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄███████▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄███▄░░░░▄████▄░░░░░░▄██

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info