[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

You aren't supposed to level as this build lol.

Regarding frost wall traps, it kind of works in a few limited cases, but is overall nothing compared to the current build. It is still cooldown bound because it's a trap, so clearspeed and sustained DPS are capped absurdly low. You will also have gimped survivability and mana regen from dealing way fewer hits (with Thief's Torment).

Overall the frost wall change will destroy this build and cannot be overcome by simply using a trap setup. There will only be generic KB builds left after 2.0.
Last edited by pabrt on May 3, 2015, 1:19:31 AM
Well, you did suggest to use Kinetic Blast and Power Siphon if I wanted to level as wander, so I did. :)

But yes, you're right that the clear speed will be much lower. It still seems fun to me with Multiple Traps but I haven't played enough to know what high clearspeed actually is.
Frost Wall change, closed beta.

5 seconds recast/

3 uses.

Is that semi-useful now? 3 walls....
I don't think that change will really be that useful in the context of this build. However, Rory said he would try out spending power charges to bypass the cooldown. If that happens it would mean this build works again.
Last edited by pabrt on May 8, 2015, 2:55:37 AM
"
pabrt wrote:
I don't think that change will really be that useful in the context of this build. However, Rory said he would try out spending power charges to bypass the cooldown. If that happens it would mean this build works again.

Man I'm starting to hate the 2.0 changes. Most of my builds are nerfed very hard or don't work anymore. I'm playing this game for fun and I don't want to start from scratch every 3 months.
Well, there's still a lot more time left in the beta, and we can still give our feedback. I still have hope that they'll fix everything before release.
sry for bad eng
only idea!! knockback vs frost wall. Fending passive hes near with eagle eye so it can take without problems (18% tree + 54% 20/20 gem)
alternative nerf wall... Sure its new play style but? sux?
Current iteration in the beta has "spend a power charge to bypass cooldown" on it.

This is good news if it sticks :)

Knockback could work, but it wouldn't be efficient to run coc frost wall at that point. And besides, there are enemies that can't be knocked back, so it would be annoying to fight them.

edit: I also think this means I should try the build in the beta. Going to drop my ice crash duelist and try new Scion wander so I can give better feedback (and hopefully keep this build in the game).
Last edited by pabrt on May 20, 2015, 12:02:32 PM
Hey really nice build and I'm enjoying it though far.
My wand is

and I would like to know if a Piscator's Vigil would be a better boots on my dps.
Since the auras and other ele damage on gear it might be a good idea, what do you think?
Thanks in advance already.
Last edited by Lucr4in on May 21, 2015, 2:43:22 PM
Glad you're enjoying the build. I think (I'm not sure) that your wand should be better than a piscator's. However, this depends on how many auras you run, your gear, and what nodes you take. Piscator's has lower crit, so that would be annoying too.

On the CB I've leveled as a wander and finished A4 merciless. What I can say so far is that Eldritch Battery + ES on hit jewels are preferable for this build, and KB in general seems strong. If I can get enough currency for a 5L Voll's I can test out the new Frost Wall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info