Un-nerf Tier 1 Flat Physical Rolls now?

all your gear isn't supposed to be just what you found on the ground

stop complaining when you make it harder for yourself on purpose... blaming the game for a restriction you personally make for yourself is like blaming the dentist that you don't brush your teeth and have bad dental hygiene.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Dec 16, 2014, 12:09:18 AM
I felt 1.2 was quite fun and the balance seemed about right, im not a godly player so often with tanks I still get instagibed or desync into poison in a l66 vaal area. Maybe the only thing i wouldve changed is put a + 2 to all resists behind a mod that reduces all ranged (and perhaps spell) dmg (in maruader area) and the block nerf on acrobatics. In 1.2 it seemed more people got to uber and i think that should happen.
"
all your gear isn't supposed to be just what you found on the ground

True, you are supposed to remove the many layers of PoE, the loot find, the recipes, the progression and 'progress' with what # thousand other people find. Fast track to completion/near completion, get bored and wait to do it all again, every 4 months.

Issue, let's give gear a score, 1-10.

Current.. find 1, find 2, find 4, find 2, find 1, find 2, find 3...... nothing above 4 appears in several thousand hours.

GGG's solution, and the one you cite here, Mano.. find 1, buy 4, find 2, find 4, find 2, find 1, buy 9, find 2, find 3...... nothing above 4 appears in the limited number of hours one can play in a temp league. But hey, we happy, cuz we went shopping?

WTF?

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Dec 16, 2014, 7:02:46 AM
"
I am also sick of nerfs. I wrpte some fairly angry posts on the topic in Scion subforum on the day 1.3 came out xD Making monsters/areas/bosses etc harder is absolutely the way to go imo - not this continual series of nerfs to everything.

A lot of the people I play with are about done with the game - they either invest massive resources creating or mirroring the best items possible, and 3 months later it's not just not BiS - a lot of stuff isn't even USEABLE. It affects regular players too, just on a smaller scale individually.

I'm going to try out PVP in 1.3 but beyond that I'm pretty well done with the game. If I ever play seriously again it will be in a temp league.

This is absolutely true, I also said that axing things every three months is actually making the economy shake, and not for good. People is not going to struggle for one or two months ( speaking about mid-class economy players here ) to get the best in slot gear to just see their work brutally axed one month and a half later.

If you combine this with the lack of mid-tier gear ( master crafting DID NOT fix this, not even partially, as the weapon crafting decission was also a broken decission, thus they are fixing it now ), uhmm I am seeing black days of PoE coming at all levels.

I think they should rework the RNG for mid tier equipment drops. Unique drops are fine, except the shit uniques droping at higher levels, but they should definitely rework the RNG on rare items.

For how long standard has been up ? A LOT OF TIME. Now go on PoE YZX and try to find mid-tier gear.

I am turning in to a more conservative player regarding the economy because of this fact, all in all ... I think not just this patch, but the way GGG is managing the game is very negative.
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
1.3d patch notes:
"Fixed a bug where game was fun"

LOL :D
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
Are you asking for balance, exile?

Hahahahaha!

Balance is an illusion, exile.

I fucking died to this man
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
1.3d patch notes:
"Fixed a bug where game was fun"

0.10.0 already had those notes.
Oh, this isn't meant to be an agony aunt QQ thread. The game should be hard otherwise it wouldn't be fun.

I was just trying to point out that maybe they've accidentally double-nerfed something leaving Orb crafting less viable than it used to be. And it was barely viable even then.
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
"
deathspenalty wrote:
Something like that had to come. And thats just mostly because of the elreon multimod.

Its "easy" to roll a tier 1 flat or % mod. After that people straight regaled. So they would have a 2 stat rare, prefix and suffix.

Now with multimod, you could guarantee the 2 other ~tier 5 mods. One on its own would have been weak, but using both the hybrid and the other one would have still resulted in a damn powerfull weapon.

I agree that its a problem, i also agree that GGG took a bad approach to it.

With removing the hybrid mod they disabled the option of improving the somewhat ok rolled weapons that had okish flat and % mods, but lacked hybrid.

This could be easy fixable by making the elreon multimod a prefix instead of a suffix, but oh boy that would open another can of worms.

There would be no need for a fix if RNG programs weren't set up with parameters that allow really junky mods on high level item drops. This isn't a GGG problem, it's a lotto mentality problem common to many games.

It's like getting the latest Iphone, only to discover apple swapped the touch interface for a cord connected trackball mouse.

The toughest and highest level monsters shouldn't keep much junk around.

On the other hand, players often have the mentality that the screen needs to be littered with loot after any big kill. If GGG scaled back the number of drops and improved the quality of them to be reasonable for the monster killed, we'd need an ark to survive the QQ deluge.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info