Un-nerf Tier 1 Flat Physical Rolls now?

"
andkamen wrote:
maps used to be doable (before masters) with a 220-250pdps weapon. Those are still easier to make than before masters, so I don't see a problem there

Gear progression, or lack thereof, is the problem. Sure, even a 200dps 1hander is "enough" to clear endgame maps at decent speed, but if you've been using that weapon for the past 30 levels and no upgrades ever drop the game doesn't feel rewarding at all. And going shopping on XYZ does not feel rewarding either despite what some, including the devs, may believe.

Btw, this is the best claw I've ever found:

Dropped today. The char that could have used it has been lvl 90 and shelved for the past 6 months. Even still, the little extra dps wouldn't be worth giving up Bloodseeker's leech mod.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
But was it fun slogging through the maps at a snails pace? Did anyone who had the chance, not craft a 400 dps weapon and instead decided to stay with the 250Dps weapons? Fuck no. We need to stop worrying about economy and worry about fun.
Here is my example.

Found this sword well over a year ago. its Ilvl 63. It was found in city of sarn. For over a year this was the best weapon i have ever found. What this means is for over a year my gear progression has been completely stopped.

Masters brought an opportunity for me to craft my own upgrade, but I wasnt fast enough. Just like always, choosing not to speed run to the point where i can abuse these things right away has left the mechanics nerfed and me without the opportunity to craft my own GG sword or other weapons.

Now im pretty much stuck with that shitty sword forever, its not even a shitty sword, but it sure feels that way when its the only decent weapon I have ever found and have no hopes for anything better.

I should hae just abused global 820 and then abused masters like anyone else who wanted to craft good items did.
It just feels like the emphasis was taken away from 'classic' orb crafting on certain weapon types (Patch 1.2.3) and steered toward master crafting,
Then,
"ohnoes the economy, we better nerf master crafting" (Patch 1.2.4)
Result,
'not really worth crafting at all'
Probably better off trying to buy an item that was crafted prior to the double-whammy-nerf.

Maybe a work-around that didn't make GGG look like complete meanies would be to *slightly* buff the local min/max added phys 'master crafting' from Tier 6 up to tier 5 (a couple dmg points). Though this still doesn't revive the classic crafting which feels pretty dead.

Am I right? Does anyone, other than AXN and out side of leagues, craft with orbs anymore? Orbs are just currency now?

Idea -> Would it be too much to ask to get a couple untradeable eternal orbs as quest rewards (Fairgraves A3 Merc only)? Perhaps that would make me feel a little better about the consecutive crafting nerfs. I'd be so much happier if you were handing out candy while punching me in the face.
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
Last edited by ep0nymous on Dec 15, 2014, 9:00:52 PM
"
ep0nymous wrote:

Am I right? Does anyone, other than AXN and out side of leagues, craft with orbs anymore? Orbs are just currency now?

There were actually a ton of crafts finished in Standard during 1.2 - I finished my wand, for one, and started another which is not finished yet.

Most of the rest were rings - a lot of people made tons of new options of 5xt1 rings + 20% es and some 6xt1 ones as well. There were also a few 5xt1 + a master mod weapons done, some legitimately good ideas, some because their owner just wanted to cheap out and still call it a 6xt1 weapon.

I'm sure many people crafted things that I do not know about, and are not end game items. Orbs are definitely not just a currency.

Master crafting with Elreon was definitely a huge thing for players who cannot afford to spend what it takes on "classic" crafting, but the top section of crafters is very much alive and crafting. Master crafting definitely dominated leagues ofc, the 6xt1 dagger that got made ended up getting banned as the guy was blatantly cheating.

I expect a whole new avenue of crafting will ramp up a lot in the next few months - that of items for lvl28 dueling. There were already people making stuff for this, but I expecta ton more to happen in the near future as people get going on PVP.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Dec 15, 2014, 10:19:45 PM
I'm starting to hate all these nerfs. Players need power creep to keep ppls interest. If we are too powerful simply buff monsters.

I think D3 T6 mobs have 100x HP and DPS as original inferno to account for constantly better gear/spells every patch.

I was GG in original inferno with 35K DPS and 30K EHP now 1.5M and 15M EHP is the norm.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 15, 2014, 10:31:43 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I'm starting to hate all these nerfs. Needs power creep to keep ppls intrest. If we are too powerful simply buff monsters.

I think D3 t6 mobs have 100x HP and DPS as original inferno.

I am also sick of nerfs. I wrpte some fairly angry posts on the topic in Scion subforum on the day 1.3 came out xD Making monsters/areas/bosses etc harder is absolutely the way to go imo - not this continual series of nerfs to everything.

A lot of the people I play with are about done with the game - they either invest massive resources creating or mirroring the best items possible, and 3 months later it's not just not BiS - a lot of stuff isn't even USEABLE. It affects regular players too, just on a smaller scale individually.

I'm going to try out PVP in 1.3 but beyond that I'm pretty well done with the game. If I ever play seriously again it will be in a temp league.
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
I'm going to try out PVP in 1.3 but beyond that I'm pretty well done with the game. If I ever play seriously again it will be in a temp league.

GGG mission accomplished :(
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

GGG mission accomplished :(

yup pretty much
"
Here is my example.

Found this sword well over a year ago. its Ilvl 63. It was found in city of sarn. For over a year this was the best weapon i have ever found. What this means is for over a year my gear progression has been completely stopped.

I know the feeling. I found this sword sometime in Domination league, from lunaris level 2. I have never, ever found an item anywhere close to being this powerful in the time since then.

Gear progression in poe is a joke. Nerfing masters and roll chances just makes it even more so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info