Un-nerf Tier 1 Flat Physical Rolls now?

From 1.2.3 -
"
The rarity of higher tiers of the flat Physical Damage weapon mods have been adjusted.

From 1.2.4 -
"
Hybrid weapon mods have been removed from Vagan and Tora's crafting options. Crafted items that already have these mods will not be affected. Their economic impact was severe.

It appears that the 1.2.3 balance was added to mitigate run-away OP crafting of bows (etc). Fair enough.
1.2.4 cleary addressed that as well.

Maybe we can have the 1.2.3 nerf lifted now and I can get back to trying to craft the old fashioned way with Alts and Augs?

...or was every crafted weapon prior to 1.2.3 just way easier to obtain and now I have to shoot wet noodles because, well, that's fair?
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
who cares we got binos, marohi, atziris disfavour, doomsower, soultaker, now we just need some guys with 1000$ to make a good bow and wand, one handed mace/sword and were fine
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Forget about it. It's not the way things happen in this game.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Are you asking for balance, exile?

Hahahahaha!

Balance is an illusion, exile.
-Introduced masters so you can craft nice items by yourself
-Nerfed crafting so you can no longer craft nice items by yourself.

GGG logic.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Dec 15, 2014, 7:32:25 AM
Something like that had to come. And thats just mostly because of the elreon multimod.

Its "easy" to roll a tier 1 flat or % mod. After that people straight regaled. So they would have a 2 stat rare, prefix and suffix.

Now with multimod, you could guarantee the 2 other ~tier 5 mods. One on its own would have been weak, but using both the hybrid and the other one would have still resulted in a damn powerfull weapon.

I agree that its a problem, i also agree that GGG took a bad approach to it.

With removing the hybrid mod they disabled the option of improving the somewhat ok rolled weapons that had okish flat and % mods, but lacked hybrid.

This could be easy fixable by making the elreon multimod a prefix instead of a suffix, but oh boy that would open another can of worms.
"
CookieVortex wrote:

GGG logic.

If 'nice items' means weapons where the next upgrade is virtually impossible to find and costs 20+ ex then the nerf was warranted :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
CookieVortex wrote:

GGG logic.

If 'nice items' means weapons where the next upgrade is virtually impossible to find and costs 20+ ex then the nerf was warranted :)

So now we have to pay 10 exas for items worse than those we could previously craft and another 20 for the better ones?

All this while casters (path-of-casting) get away with simply picking a spell and using it to (p)own said content.

Bow users are at least are attacking from range, so they have the survivability (hence its kinda balanced to nerf their crafting "op-ness").

And what melee users get? ZOMG "counterattack" skill gems to fill those empty (sarcasm) gem slots!
Also, try to find (buy, cause u cant find shit as melee in this game) a decent (basically sux ass-kind of weapon) rare weapon in order to deal DEM 10 k DMG!!!! WOW, op-owpie.

P.S. I dont mind playing melee as my first character, i know balance sucks and i have accepted it, what i dont accept easily, even though i know everyone is entitled to his opinion, is those false claims that melee is fine.

It's not.
But the economy! Won't somebody please think of the economy?!
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
But the economy! Won't somebody please think of the economy?!

Confirming that having a chance of actually finding/crafting usable gear every once in a while most likely has a "severe economic impact".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info