You are being way too restrictive with acrobatics. Needs FULL redesign.

"
'More' is absolute/additive, 'increased' is multiplicative.

BUT

'Reduced' is absolute/additive, 'less' is multiplicative?

More/Less = Multiplicative.
Increase/Reduced = Additive.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Kinda my point. the Dodge is supposed to make up for the lack of block on a bow character.

E: fixed

You may be right on the intention, but shadows exist by this node as stated. So no matter how you look at it, it just doesn't make sense currently.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 15, 2014, 5:12:04 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Since I barely specced into EV/ES nodes, and is too costly for my build to allocate into DW block nodes, EB was the way to go with what remaining ES I had. I mostly allocated into life/mana nodes and claw nodes.

Though, I do understand that going EB takes out the ES from the defense equation, but I used it for offense.

That's what I did with my es/ev gear too. I chose not to take acrobatics though because at that point it was actually more beneficial to just run MoM and EB and mitigate everything instead of randomly dodging attacks and spells. I kept ondars which was still good, but not as good obviously as a full EV char would have it.

I just don't understand why this stuff exists the way it does if can't work together. Even just going EV/ES I've never seen anyone even do in my entire life. Not even once. You either suffer to chaos damage because you aren't CI, while also being too low ES to really notice it and getting less actual evasion, or you pigeonhole into going full EV for acro or full ES for CI (or low-life build, which is still full ES).

In fact hybrid defenses in general are usually pretty bad, but at least I've actually seen someone go AR/ES before though in some kind of ultra-tank build on youtube where blocking restored their ES (but only ever seen it that one time). And I know EV/AR exists on some characters as well (though most probably go IR in that instance). But ES/EV? Never seen it.

With this block nerf it has basically forced all shadows into CI right from the get go, unless they are speccing EV bow user in which case... just roll a ranger.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 15, 2014, 5:13:19 AM
Myabe it's just my opinion ... but you're completely forgetting about scion.

I think the placement of the keystone has to do a lot with that as well.
"Good luck on your naps Exile"
Last edited by IonSugeRau1 on Dec 15, 2014, 5:24:10 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

That's what I did with my es/ev gear too. I chose not to take acrobatics though because at that point it was actually more beneficial to just run MoM and EB and mitigate everything instead of randomly dodging attacks and spells. I kept ondars which was still good, but not as good obviously as a full EV char would have it.

I just don't understand why this stuff exists the way it does if can't work together. Even just going EV/ES I've never seen anyone even do in my entire life. Not even once. You either suffer to chaos damage because you aren't CI, while also being too low ES to really notice it and getting less actual evasion, or you pigeonhole into going full EV for acro or full ES for CI (or low-life build, which is still full ES).

In fact hybrid defenses in general are usually pretty bad, but at least I've actually seen someone go AR/ES before though in some kind of ultra-tank build on youtube where blocking restored their ES (but only ever seen it that one time). And I know EV/AR exists on some characters as well (though most probably go IR in that instance). But ES/EV? Never seen it.

With this block nerf it has basically forced all shadows into CI right from the get go, unless they are speccing EV bow user in which case... just roll a ranger.

I would had also had included MoM in that build, but having 4/5 auras active kinda leaves me around less than 30%/15%.

I have a second Shadow that is going evasion DW melee, and once I again, I allocate to Acro/Phase acro/Ondar as usual, because all three together just makes an incredible combo. I never really made a true block build, either by shield or DW. I do have one build that uses block to a good extent, and it happens to be a Iron Reflexes character.

But yea, EV/ES has always been the hybrid combo that really does not mesh well (let me clarify this, they got the short end of the stick), compare to the likes of AR/ES or AR/EV. Physical spells is the bane to EV, chaos damage is the bane to ES (non-CI), so when you have those two damage types in the same vicinity, EV/ES builds will be in trouble.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 15, 2014, 5:39:26 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Pretty sure it wasn't designed as a melee cluster to begin with.

EDIT: The simple fact that the first node cost you a LOT of defense is why I believe that is the case.
Losing Armour/ES does absolutely nothing to a melee evader.

Which, contrary to popular belief, was actually quite solid.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
I immediately think 'more' and 'less' are on the same scale of quantity, and 'increased' and 'reduced' the same.

What the bloody fuck?

Mmm, maybe because they are?

How can a CB player not know more/less in PoE are on the same scale...

Acro is 30% less, so if you have 75% block, you end up with 52,5%.

On the topic, I agree that Acro is completely useless node for ES/EV shadow (90% of shadow builds). It needs to lose the 'less ES' modifier.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I'm curious why GGG have this penchant to double-nerf things.

Block chance was hit very hard in 1.3, but was given better shield defense nodes as compensation.

DW block chance was hit very hard as well, but given nothing else defensively.

What necessitated the additional block reduction on Acrobatics? Why not allow the meta to explore what a lower-scaling block chance is capable of before deciding to hit it a second time a few months later?

IMO, all of that effort would have been put to much better use by reinventing the block paradigm, rather than vertically scaling absolutes.

Spoiler
By the way, I have a feeling focusing on EV with ES from shield only + GR and taking Acro in spite of its 50% less, is capable of amazing things provided you have another life recovery strategy. You can land 1-1.5k ES post-acro from shield alone, which then translates into "leech rate = flat damage reduction from life." If you would be heading towards the Almighty One Ring to Rule All Life, then you can grab GR if you're not going life regen... but really I think natural leech rate would be sufficient provided enough "da na na na, can't touch this"
Spoiler
There has always been a strong potential for this, but it's always been a bit too little for too much, but IMO 1.3's shield defense nodes make this a very real strategy, if only somebody would discover how to use it ;)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Acro doesn't need a full redesign and here is why.

The following are the best ways to mitigate damage in the game:

Deal damage before they can do damage to you (typically this is done at ranged, best examples are expensive builds like low life spectral throw or wander)

BLOCK Block in this game works in ways I don't think was really ever intended. For example 75% block gives you a damage reduction of 75%, meaning you only take 25% of the damage that you could be taking, in addition if you have spell block being the same then that also gets reduced. This lead to block being the single (non expensive) form of damage mitigation. Paired with higher ele res and evasion and in this case acro leads to basically taking no damage, except in rare cases.

The change to reduce the block of acro was to enable block builds OR evasion\acro builds not simply stacking the best 2 methods (for the price) of negating damage. If you want both, then that comes at a price. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I still use both and Acrobatics and block (without point investment though) on my shadow dagger. The shield is Crest of Perandus, the legacy version at 36% block. The total of avoidance is 0.4 + 0.6 * (0.36 * 0.7) = 0.508.
I doubt I could get 50.8% avoidance / 30% spell avoidance with block only, with only 5 points used.

Btw, acrobatic is just in between shadow and ranger. It's not on shadow side.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info