You are being way too restrictive with acrobatics. Needs FULL redesign.

"
goetzjam wrote:
Acro doesn't need a full redesign and here is why.

The following are the best ways to mitigate damage in the game:

Deal damage before they can do damage to you (typically this is done at ranged, best examples are expensive builds like low life spectral throw or wander)

BLOCK Block in this game works in ways I don't think was really ever intended. For example 75% block gives you a damage reduction of 75%, meaning you only take 25% of the damage that you could be taking, in addition if you have spell block being the same then that also gets reduced. This lead to block being the single (non expensive) form of damage mitigation. Paired with higher ele res and evasion and in this case acro leads to basically taking no damage, except in rare cases.

The change to reduce the block of acro was to enable block builds OR evasion\acro builds not simply stacking the best 2 methods (for the price) of negating damage. If you want both, then that comes at a price. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

This perfectly illustrates my point. You are forced to go either block OR evasion, never both as of 1.3 without a huge penalty.

The problem with that being that any (evasion-based) melee character in the game will have blocking intently: you are either holding a shield or you are dual wielding. The game is designed and balanced around that fact. You don't even get a say in the matter. Just like evasion is designed with acro in mind. So what happens when an evasion character goes melee? Nerf melee some more? Because melee was JUST TOO GOOD? Lol.

And as for the nodes placement, being in between two classes with the same distance implies it is intended to be optional for both classes. To say nothing about RANGERS who DO have melee nodes in their starter tree. Direct nerf to even more melee. Why? There are better solutions than this.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 15, 2014, 12:52:06 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Direct nerf to even more melee. Why? There are better solutions than this.

Please enlighten us all on how they can add something in the game to make it so melee is more viable because lets take a look at what they have added\changed:

Previously there was no perma allocation, this meant that melee characters had a better chance of getting loot therefore it was more popular.

CwDT was added, this is being setup and utilized by ranged classes as well, which typically do more damage.

Shields\blocking, again stacking this or using evasion isn't exclusive to melee, therefore ranged classes use as well.

BoR, has been nerfed twice now (technically 3 times if you count the life nodes on the tree, just 2 legacy versions)

They've added these new gems, but without extensive testing I don't see those being that much of a help.

Your point is generally mute, block was overpowered, acro\phase is strong, put those both together and it was op. Now if you generally like RNG then you can go both, but if you don't invest into one or the other and make a build around that.

As for blocking if you are heavily investing in block you need to start at scion because she is the only way you are going to get even close to capped block before reductions.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

As for blocking if you are heavily investing in block you need to start at scion because she is the only way you are going to get even close to capped block before reductions.

That's just a stupid strategy.
There's no point in stacking Block and then taking Acrobatics.

I can still have 75% block / 55% spellblock with just this:

(with little rerooting I can get close-to-max block with a non-legacy BoR)

That's 25%/45% damage taken.

If I add Acro now, I get my block reduced to 52/38.
Combined with Acro/Phase Acro, that equals 28.8% / 43% damage taken.

So I'm actually reducing my survivability by adding Acrobatics.

Logical consequence:
Don't max block when you are intending to take the Acro keystone.
Wear a shield if you want to for a bit of extra survivability like Panini_aux_olives described, but ffs, do not touch shield nodes.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Dec 15, 2014, 1:05:10 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

Logical consequence:
Don't max block when you are intending to take the Acro keystone.
Wear a shield if you want to for a bit of extra survivability like Panini_aux_olives described, but ffs, do not touch shield nodes.

Right that just further proves my point, invest in one or the other not both. Both before was OP, if anyone doesn't think it was please PM me why you think so.

FeelsBadMan

[HS]
@Peterlerock: is it still interesting to build around aegis with BoR ?
[/HS]]
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
@panini
From the thread in my signature.

1. Max block Sword Reave build

This was my first build ever. It can be found in the "Noobfriendly sword and board" thread.

While playing around with the new tree, I noticed that with a (now double legacy) Bringer of Rain, I can still quite easily cap Block Chance and have significant spellblock.

I had 77% block easily available. Then I heard Aegis Aurora was nerfed by 2%, so I laughed. That's perfect 75% now. I'm fine with that. ;)

I didn't go RT because I totally don't need it. Accuracy and Dex are more than enough.
I went for Iron Reflexes because I needed more Armor for Aegis Aurora. I didn't go Unwavering Stance because I doubt I'll get stunned too often with ~5k life and 50% stun resist from Energy Shield.

If you don't have a legacy BoR, you can drop the Scion life wheel and instead take the 5% block +20% life between Templar and Marauder. This will not cap block, but be pretty close.

Spoiler

Stats with Grace and Hatred active:

Added fire damage is only at Lvl 11, so the DpS would still grow a bit.
Somehow the armor stat is missing, it's around 10k. Enough for Aegis to do it's job (200 ES on block).

Gear:

(I didn't put any gems for Cast when damage taken etc into the sockets, because I do not really plan to use this build).

Tree:
Click me
May not be optimized, but will surely do.

Gems:
Reave + multistrike + conc effect + added fire in BoR
Hatred + Grace + reduced mana in a 3L
Rest: Leap Slam, cast when damage taken, etc.

Bandits:
Oak
Oak/Kraytin
Oak/skillpoint

Aegis's block chance wasn't reduced by 2% it was the energy shield gained that was.

Replenishes Energy Shield by 4% of Armour when you Block, this is now 2%

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
Aegis's block chance wasn't reduced by 2% it was the energy shield gained that was.

Replenishes Energy Shield by 4% of Armour when you Block, this is now 2%

Aegis Aurora was 34% block in 1.2, now it's 32%, because the base item "Champion Kite Shield" got its block reduced by 2%.
Hi

Acrobatics has earned a place beside IR and BM keystones respectively because they all are in bad need of some redesign. The way GGG is going with keystones we will have no real viable keystones left.

I thought this big patch was going to add new keystones not simply nerf things. When I think of acrobatics I see someone dodging and blocking compared to someone with IR. I was really hoping that GGG would've added parry and riposte as keystones not as gems to better promote 2h builds.

All I know for sure is no more melee builds for me, MAGIC IS THE WAY TO GO and GGG mighty nerf hammer has fallen once more on things it should've never bothered with since there were so many other changes/nerfs that even things out. Whomever does the balancing for this game does not see the BIG PICTURE.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Dec 15, 2014, 1:33:08 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Direct nerf to even more melee. Why? There are better solutions than this.

Please enlighten us all on how they can add something in the game to make it so melee is more viable because lets take a look at what they have added\changed:

Previously there was no perma allocation, this meant that melee characters had a better chance of getting loot therefore it was more popular.

CwDT was added, this is being setup and utilized by ranged classes as well, which typically do more damage.

Shields\blocking, again stacking this or using evasion isn't exclusive to melee, therefore ranged classes use as well.

BoR, has been nerfed twice now (technically 3 times if you count the life nodes on the tree, just 2 legacy versions)

They've added these new gems, but without extensive testing I don't see those being that much of a help.

Your point is generally mute, block was overpowered, acro\phase is strong, put those both together and it was op. Now if you generally like RNG then you can go both, but if you don't invest into one or the other and make a build around that.

Yes, blocking paired with acro when heavily invested in both was op. This is not the issue and that's why I said REWORK not REVERT.

The problem isn't that, it's the nerf to melee characters of all kinds, ranger or shadow, when going acro which was completely unnecessary.

Further, the shadow simply has lost the option to use acro at all without penalty and the node is placed right outside his starter area meaning he was intended to get it in some builds.

As for your question about ranged using a mechanic, simply adding a melee-dps based defense mechanism to the counter gems or what have you would have been fine. IE, you get a damage shield equal to your melee damage on proc. Ergo ranged would not benefit because their melee dps would be low. Came up with that shitty solution in thirty seconds, toy can do better if you take the time.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info