[1.30 Video Guide]Ranger Smith-One Man Army Build! Blink Arrow/Mirror Arrow xD

Minions made from traps and mines are no longer stronger, Sunblast should provide no benefit.

Also I've been playing my own iteration that uses EB and may be AA capable.
What I felt like the most ideal realistic tree is as such.

I'm not personally sure just how much benefit MI would provide. I'd just as soon have them go down shooting than in a puff of smoke.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
Didros wrote:
if you use herald of thunder with curse on hit then when your clones crt would it trigger heralds thunder coming down around them, and would those curse? might be a good way to trigger

Heralds apply a cosmetic affect to the minions, and add damage to the initial arrow that drops the clone (because that counts as you doing damage), but add nothing to the clones' attacks. Tooltip informations is for that very first arrow, not for what your minions are doing. Curse on Hit doesn't work with minions or traps. I was hoping to do Trap-Frost Nova (l1)-CoH-Whatever to apply curses, but it failed.

I keep seeing people claiming that attack speed modifiers don't affect minions. Minion Attack Speed, Faster Attacks, Haste, and bow ApS absolutely all affect minions. If you want to test, clear out ledge, slap on a white crude bow, and touch off a single clone that can see Kuduku. Count arrows launched, change setup, lob clone, count again.

Edit: There is something strange going on w/ attack speed. Went to doublecheck w/ a 1.75 aps bow vs a 1.15 aps bow. The 1.15 acted almost as expected, short about one shot over duration which could be accounted for by arrow flight time and the lag between minion production and start of attacks, or simple rounding differences in the math. The 1.75 fired faster, but not as much faster as expected and in an odd rhythm. This could have been framerate or other animation issues making things difficult to track. So yeah, I may be wrong about bow base attack speed.
Last edited by Wee_Mad_Hamish on Jan 10, 2015, 8:33:59 AM
Haha, love the concept. Every trash mob is like an epic boss fight xD
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
As you said using Infractem is prob the best,

how do you think use pierce gem + proj weakness to achieve 100% and use lionseye,

100% pierce + 100% hit + lioneye have faster attacking speed and higher dmg at the cost of 1 gem slot.

So basically is

1 gem slot vs +.6 atk speed, 100% hit, 70base dps

What do you think with drillneck? + 100% increased.

What do you think without drillneck?

Thank you very much
Last edited by kongyuyu on Jan 14, 2015, 9:13:54 PM
"
WarriorX10 wrote:
Btw....I am close to being at the level to use infractem bow, I just need to aquire one:)

So what type of quiver should I be looking for...in other words, what mods are best to have on the quiver?
Thanks in advance

For your quiver you want the highest possible damage output you can get. Theres not much need to focus on defences on the quiver at all, as you can use all your other slots for that if necessary, so just get the highest damage you can, either phys or elemental.

I believe that the best choice would be a very high roll weapon ele quiver, but a very high phys dmg quiver could be just as good if not better.

"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
I'm not personally sure just how much benefit MI would provide. I'd just as soon have them go down shooting than in a puff of smoke.

Fair enough, but MI does help alot on big boss fights where spike damage is sure to kill them before their duration expires and you can stack them on the boss for good results.

"
kongyuyu wrote:
As you said using Infractem is prob the best,

how do you think use pierce gem + proj weakness to achieve 100% and use lionseye,

100% pierce + 100% hit + lioneye have faster attacking speed and higher dmg at the cost of 1 gem slot.

So basically is

1 gem slot vs +.6 atk speed, 100% hit, 70base dps

What do you think with drillneck? + 100% increased.

What do you think without drillneck?

Thank you very much

Ill have to do some testing with it, I've got a lioneyes on standard. It SHOULD be better than drillneck for sure if youre absolutely hitting that 100% chance.

Thanks for all the awesome feedback guys! Ill be updating the front page soon with an EE section and more in depth videos. I had previously recorded some but the audio was lost and then christmas/new years hit and well...ive been busy with a little animation project involving PoE... but keep your eyes peeled!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqz2SZA-RtA

Attack speed has weird interactions with Blink Arrow and Mirror Arrow clones/minions. There seems to be a cap on attacks per second for these minions, capping out at 10 attacks over a 5.70 second duration.

Infractem gets a noticable increase in attack speed with haste and flesh offering (7 attacks--8 attacks--10 attacks), while Lioneye's Glare stays about the same (10 attacks--10 attacks--10) attacks. This is a significant damage decrease for any bows that exceed the cap.

Blink Arrow/Mirror arrow has a 5.70 second clone duration.

Infractem has 1.10 attacks per second.

Lioneye's Glare has 1.74 attacks per second.

Flesh Offering has 39% increased attack speed.

Minions get 12% attack speed from my tree.

Haste gives 15% attack speed on the tree, 35% increased effect from Generosity, 54% increased effect from the tree.
Last edited by DeadlyParadox on Jan 18, 2015, 7:41:12 PM
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqz2SZA-RtA

Attack speed has weird interactions with Blink Arrow and Mirror Arrow clones/minions. There seems to be a cap on attacks per second for these minions, capping out at 10 attacks over a 5.70 second duration.

Infractem gets a noticable increase in attack speed with haste and flesh offering (7 attacks--8 attacks--10 attacks), while Lioneye's Glare stays about the same (10 attacks--10 attacks--10) attacks. This is a significant damage decrease for any bows that exceed the cap.

Blink Arrow/Mirror arrow has a 5.70 second clone duration.

Infractem has 1.10 attacks per second.

Lioneye's Glare has 1.74 attacks per second.

Flesh Offering has 39% increased attack speed.

Minions get 12% attack speed from my tree.

Haste gives 15% attack speed on the tree, 35% increased effect from Generosity, 54% increased effect from the tree.

Thank you so much for this. Im doing a huge update tomorrow, and I will include all of this on the main post.
I don't get any increase of attack speed with Flesh Offering, 1.10 or 3.0.
Recorded a video of my set up clearing a 68 Spider Forest map. I believe chain is better than LMP and provides more consistent results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYldRN-Ie0k
Hi, im gonna give this build a try cause it looks really fun :)
What about Bandits quest?

Keep updating and thx for the build/guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info