[2.0] Ayron's Static Strike Crit-Dagger Shadow

Thanks a lot! I've took your post in my guide. Another alternative may interest more people! Good luck on your path :)
I've got new dagger and minor changes in flasks setup. Check out updated guide for those changes!
Currently leveling my own variant of the build starting as a ranger for the extra life and evasion (as IMO you can get more damage from many nodes just off our main path).

With a quality life leech gem ready to go, I am unsure if vaal pact is really worth it. You can skip vaal pact and have a LOT more points to invest in damage and defensive stats in other areas, like duelist start area.

This is the very core of the build, still deciding on what to do with the rest.

My ranger version

Any advise from here? Is it really going to be worth it to reach that far away for vaal pact and some hp?
For what it's worth, regarding the Cruel Bandit reward, the AS is a ~9% improvement over the AS you pick up on tree, whereas the Phys Damage is a ~5% improvement. Judging them against the passive point you could get, the AS would be the better choice. Might change dependant on gear, but that's harder to account for.

Really enjoying levelling this one, rocking a 4.2k DPS at level 42 with dual Mightflays.

EDIT: 7.7k DPS at level 56, still using the Mightflays.
Last edited by balared on Dec 26, 2014, 8:08:05 PM
I would love to dual wield with this char, but you can get SICK amounts of evasion on a shield, and with no armor to soften heavy blows we really want to have as much chance to dodge as possible.
"
kuromahou wrote:
Currently leveling my own variant of the build starting as a ranger for the extra life and evasion (as IMO you can get more damage from many nodes just off our main path).

With a quality life leech gem ready to go, I am unsure if vaal pact is really worth it. You can skip vaal pact and have a LOT more points to invest in damage and defensive stats in other areas, like duelist start area.

This is the very core of the build, still deciding on what to do with the rest.

My ranger version

Any advise from here? Is it really going to be worth it to reach that far away for vaal pact and some hp?

I just started this build and was thinking the same thing and my build is almost the same as yours. I'm level 68 right now and just started maps and cleared them insanely fast. I decided to use a Daresso's Defiance chest instead of a lightning coil and even though it's only 4 links I have pretty good damage. I can also manually cast immortal call at any time becuase endurance charges are always up. I play on Torment league and the nerfed Lightning Coil is only 30% physical to lightning. Endurance charges and immortal call going off constantly with the Daresso's saves me from big hits. The only problem I had with gear so far was to make sure I got enough str and int with some of them to make the build work properly.

I also have been using Blood Dance Boots and probably with keep on using them. I don't like the hp loss from blood rage and with these boots even though I'm sacrificing some damage I get 6% HP regen with my frenzy charges which is more than the loss from blood rage. i also don't use a life leech Gem and haven't had a problem at all. Life Leech from blood rage and the extra regen I have is working just fine. I am having so much fun with this build so far using Static strike and flickering to the next mob which makes clearing maps extremely fast. I can already feel the power of this build when I'm playing it and hopefully won't have any problems with high level maps.

Current tree Level 68 https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA9W_IFKLZsNjtQbGzFr9qjLVIpn9h4iaVjDZVSw5IEZbPerIZMgGbJujWOkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1feMs4axmuT7YdkcGY0Ojiu4OPs-95k2SI_btgxmOAF7Tfu96_rp9dQgujX0wfH8r1oqNv1FH_MVW-kp945-Hdmeg4l6A4bcXOJalywzy8uF6U2Hr29SQG5oTcFaOipfQ225W9WKsnapsjNvntMXC7M3qbWw=

Level 76 https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA9W_IFKLZsNjtQbGzFr9qjLVIpn9wUioL8-ph4iaVjDZVSw5IEZbPerIZMgGbJujWOkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1feMs4axmuT7YdkcGY0Ojiu4OPs-95k2SI_btgxmOAF7Tfu96_rp9dQgujX0wfH8r1oqNv1FH_MVW-kp945-Hdmeg4l6A4bcXOJalywzySVHw1ZUuBx7y4XDVXfKJ03pTYevb1JAbmhNwVo6Kl9Dbblb1YqydqmyM2-e0xcLs

Level 84 https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA9W_IFKLZsNjtQbGzFr9qjLVIpn9wUioL8-ph4iaVjDZVSw5IEZbPerIZMgGbJujWOkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1feMs4axmuT7YdkcGY0Ojiu4OPs-95k2SI_btgxmOAF7Tfu96_rp9dQgujX0wfH8r1oqNv1FH_MVW-kp945-Hdmeg4l6A4bcXOJalywzySVHw1ZUuBx7y4XDVXfKJ03pTYevb1JAbmhNwVo6Kl9Dbblb1YqydqmyM2-e0xcLsBX3p_i1V0All8bt8IQMi6g==

Level 90 https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA9W_IFKLZsNjtQbGzFr9qjLVIpn9wUioL8-ph4iaVjDZVSw5IEZbPerIZMgGbJujWOkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1feMs4axmuT7YdkcGY0Ojiu4OPs-95k2SI_btgxmOAF7Tfu96_rp9dQgujX0wfH8r1oqNv1FH_MVW-kp945-Hdmeg4l6A4bcXOJalywzySVHw1ZUuBx7y4XDVXfKJ03pTYevb1JAbmhNwVo6Kl9Dbblb1YqydqmyM2-e0xcLsBX3p_i1V0All8bt8IQMi6v_eJP3nVJVmBLFMYA==

Of course my gear can be improved but for a new league this is working just fine for now until I can save for a 5 link chest.

The Blood Dance might be cool. Atziri's Steps give 30% to dodge spells which are not such a big deal for that build. With sufficient Life Regen it is possible to replace Vaal Pact and save more points. I'm going to check it out, and I'll also think about life leech. Peace out!
I've added W/out Vaal Pact alternative and updated some information. Check it out!
Great build, playing this on a new Shadow atm. Really fun and is really effective, just struggling with health a bit but porbably bc im playing the non Vaal Pact build.
Thanks for the build!
Thanks for the build. It helped me alot since I played with my own skill choices until LVL40 and then decided to search for a build which resembled mine up to that point, so I wouldn't screw up my whole character.

However, I'm having huge Mana issues as well as issues staying alive (I kinda feel I have too low of a hit chance).

I would be glad if somebody could comment on my problems. I will be leaving my skill tree (the order in which I choose the skills) and my current gear here for you to see.

Current Tree

My Gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info