Clarifying Puncture

Im sure they saw this thread. Write something bad and you will see *Removed by support* after an hour =)

Or start a flame war to see a post like *Keep it civil people* from GGG
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Dec 17, 2014, 4:17:56 AM
Keep it civil and bump thread for great justice.

GGG can't just destroy another archer/DEX gem and walk away without even explaining it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Im sure they saw this thread. Write something bad and you will see *Removed by support* after an hour =)

Or start a flame war to see a post like *Keep it civil people* from GGG

Great idea!

OK: people here are all assholes, religion is the bane of humanity, POE is the worst game evah while GGG just wants to make money and gives a shit for its players. The moderators are all islamic terrorists!!1! Nazis landed on the moon, while Nasa never did. Proof of that is that they didn't see the nazis when "they were there". RMT is good for the real life economy. I'm gonna swim to New Zealand and bomb orphanages when I get there, using a secret explosives formula which contains human exrement. When I'm done I'll club lots of baby seals to death!!

Phew. Will we see a reaction now? :D
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Old Puncture:

New Puncture:
"
tatarjj wrote:
Old Puncture:

New Puncture:

+1.

Also GGG where are you?

Y'all don't need to feel like you need to explain yourself, just tell us "it's intended, and we've updated the patch notes".
I will have my answer -.-
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
tatarjj wrote:
Old Puncture:

New Puncture:

I don't have an opinion on puncture but I love your post. :)
Last edited by Sa_Re on Dec 17, 2014, 4:41:52 PM
The patch notes were not correct, as the increased physical damage per level the skill already had was described accidentally, when there had in fact been no change to that part of the skill.

As for the balance of the skill, we tested the adjusted values on characters using the skill effectively, either through powerful critical hits or specialization, and found it to be performing well, especially in concert with other skills. Obviously, we're only a small team, and as such our personal sample size and ability to assess all possible builds is limited. The skill has an exponential scaling component and a lack of DPS dependence on attack speed that means it can't fit within our normal balance parameters.

The skill could easily see an increase in power at higher levels based on player feedback; Most likely this will come in the form of a multiplicative damage increase (1-2% more physical damage per gem level, for example), or a re-balance to the ratio of stationary to moving bleed. This way, the opportunity cost of socketing the skill could be offset by having its use become more powerful on average, rather than only being worth using on moving targets. The skill has a reduced duration in PvP currently, and it is still performing very well there, so it may be that we try something like halving the duration, but doubling the damage, to bring it closer to other skills where you have an incentive to keep it up on enemies. Puncture could also become a setup skill that you use in addition to your other skills for extra damage, using more effects like the damage boost found on the Bloodletting notable, at which point it starts to compete with auras and curses rather than primary damage skills.

All of these possible adjustments are speculative, based on the ongoing performance of the skill and how well the skill performs if we test these changes. We're keen to hear your thoughts on any of these potential changes, if we need to make them!
Balance & Design
Thank you for the reply, Rory. It shows you do actually read feedback :)

Please let us know in some kind of announcement if you change the skill.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Finally an answer!

SUCCESS

Thank you.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info