[1.3.] WoE + BoR CLEAVE BUILD 55/55 BLOCK +49K DPS TOOLTIP / Atziri Down !

Hi guys, sorry if my English is not very good. This is my new build after the patch 1.3 was released yesterday. What i could see was people were all disapointed with the Block neft, so i decided to try this WoE/BoR build - which was considered OP in 1.2 with max block and tanky as hell to see how bad it could possibly go, but i am a little bit supprised now since the new skill tree seems to buff the DPS a lot. Also the 2 new counter attack gems Vegeance and Reposte work amazingly with block build (I think this is the reason why GGG nefted block). OK Let's get to the main topic !

Current Gears and Links:
Spoiler

_The legacy BoR is absoloutely awesome for the build if u can get your hands on it, otherwise the normal BoR from 1.2 patch is still good enough

_For the skill gems: i'm using cleave with multi strike + added fire + concentrated effect (the concentrated effect makes my DPS goes from 27k to 45k without frenzy charges so it's pretty amazing)

_Try to buy the Legacy WoE (from patch 1.2) since it has higher block chance for Dual-whielding and block chance is important

_For the skill gems:
. Spell Eco + Enduring Cry: i prefer using EC by hand because with spell eco it would give me double the charges so i can always keep my IC at maximum duration.
. Common set up gems : CWDT + IC + increase duration . The level of each gem is up to you but i prefer lv 7 CWDT :D . Also i use Blood Rage in the 4L for getting more life leech + frenzy charges.

_Just try to get some rare gloves with high life / armour + eva if possible / att speed is optional / life leech is not a must but it's always good to have as much as life leech as posible because we're running tanky build :D

_For the skill gems: This is my favourite part, the 2 new Counter attack gems Vengeance and Riposte work so nicely with the decent block chance 55/55 (75/75 with Rumi's) so Reiposte pretty much procs alot and that also means more life leech. The Vengeance gem has only 30% chance to proce when block happens but it deals AoE dmg compared to single-target Riposte so it helps clear maps alot. I also use Leap Slam for movement and the Culling Strike gems as the support gem for the 3 attack gems above since i havent found the better combo haha, but u guys can link life leech with Vengeance + Riposte, they proc alot so the amount of leech is insane, or you can also swap out the Riposte + Life leech with Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mask because the Vengeance gem has good AoE effect so it would be easy to curse all the surrounding mobs :D

_Well no need to explain much about these boots :D Just try to get the 25% block, it helps us cap more spell block

_For the skill gems: I use Hatred + Herald of Ash + Purity of Elements (to cap max res) when running maps. For Atziri, we're gonna need to swap Herald of Ash with Purity of Fire and Purity of Element for Purity of Lightning.

_If u can get this belt then it's awesome otherwise just use a Rare rustic sash with high life + high res

_The Lazhwar is absolutely a MUST for this build in order to cap the spell block. Here i have a 4% to block lazhwar, if you have the wealth u can go for 3% or 4% block lazhwar, otherwise there are plenty of cheaper corrupted lazwar like +1 frenzy and + % attack speed (normally go for 1-2 ex), or u can just use the non-corrupted one, which is not so bad because it gives lots of INT, which can save us a 30 int node from tree :D

_These rings are nothing too special, just get ones with life / res / and leech ( especially mana leech, because we run mana-based cleave :D ), some extra life leech would be perfect too !

_This is my flask set-up for mapping, try to get the Rumi's (non-legacy is fine) because it helps us cap max block 75/75, which also means more Reposte + Vengeance = more DPS :D

1.3 Skill tree at lv 84 + Bandid:

My Stats:
Spoiler

Offense (Cleave with Hatred + Ash + purity of element, 0 frenzy, with 3 frenzy it would go up to ~49k)

Defense (With purity of Element)

Thank you guys for checking this build out :D If u have any questions just ask me
My IGN is ImmaBurnYoButt

*** Update a new build "[1,3] BoR Reave Build - 35k+ DPS - 71/75 block - Dual Curse - 5k life/1k3 ES"
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1164778
My little shop :D
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124000
- The Lone Survivor -
Last edited by subwooper on Jan 5, 2015, 10:49:46 PM
Huh, thanks for testing. I wouldn't say that dps was buffed, since 50k on cleave was quite easily possible to hit with the previous tree. Also, like most of us, you have legacy gear, which future players won't have.

I don't think this build gained anything new, just a huge nerf to survivability.

Nevertheless, I will be linking this thread in my guide so anyone who wants to play this can do so.

Good luck!
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Huh, thanks for testing. I wouldn't say that dps was buffed, since 50k on cleave was quite easily possible to hit with the previous tree. Also, like most of us, you have legacy gear, which future players won't have.

I don't think this build gained anything new, just a huge nerf to survivability.

Nevertheless, I will be linking this thread in my guide so anyone who wants to play this can do so.

Good luck!

Thank you for the feedback! i havent played duelist before so i'm not too familiar with his tree in 1.2 :D
p.s: Also this is my first guide, so hope everyone can take it easy on me :P
- The Lone Survivor -
Last edited by subwooper on Dec 14, 2014, 5:13:16 AM
Any videos to share? Also if you post a build with legacy gear.. Put a disclaimer at the top who says this build requires legacy gear to work
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
This build does not require legacy gear to work. You will have lower block but it will still be doable.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
azamantes wrote:
Any videos to share? Also if you post a build with legacy gear.. Put a disclaimer at the top who says this build requires legacy gear to work

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying my best to upload some videos soon :D
- The Lone Survivor -
how do u manage the mana cost on enduring cry + blood rage + ic + cleave ?
"
akropotes wrote:
how do u manage the mana cost on enduring cry + blood rage + ic + cleave ?

The mana cost for EC is 22, Blood rage is 26 and Cleave is 32. So with 72 mana after reserved (Hatred + Herald of Ash + Purity of Elements) and also 3% mana leech from gears, i can handle it :D I also use Warlord's Mask curse linked to Curse on hit and Leap Slam + Vengeance in order to get more life/mana leech.
- The Lone Survivor -
Hey there, like I said other times, this build isn't dead, just nerfed a bit.
I managed to get get 59% block and spellblock, 5k life + shield (4,7k + 300 shield)
Here's my gear and lv84 tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwDhwlYCpsNzRNMFewWbxfhGNsZtBo4G60czh7fIWAm-CcvK1As6TB3MZ41kjXWNe864TrtPC09D0UKR35KfU3jTjJPVlnzWf5br2BBY3BkUmVNZp5noHKpdPF2rHgNeOt82X11gUGE2Yd2ivCQCpBVplepbqyqrY2zP7Xytz65Hb02voq-p768wBrBi8GjxBXEgsT2xq7KkMrTz37TftP82L3bp90N4mHjauOf5wrpRuoY73rv4_JF9Mb3Mvjr-tL8xf4K_lT-j_66

I'm going to change Leap Slam setup with new auto-trigger gems when I'll get vengeance:
4L: reduced mana + hatred + herald of ash + leap slam
4L: riposte + vengeance + curse on hit + warlord mark (if they work with curse on hit)
2L: portal + blood rage
"
0Nemesis wrote:
Hey there, like I said other times, this build isn't dead, just nerfed a bit.
I managed to get get 59% block and spellblock, 5k life + shield (4,7k + 300 shield)
Here's my gear and lv84 tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwDhwlYCpsNzRNMFewWbxfhGNsZtBo4G60czh7fIWAm-CcvK1As6TB3MZ41kjXWNe864TrtPC09D0UKR35KfU3jTjJPVlnzWf5br2BBY3BkUmVNZp5noHKpdPF2rHgNeOt82X11gUGE2Yd2ivCQCpBVplepbqyqrY2zP7Xytz65Hb02voq-p768wBrBi8GjxBXEgsT2xq7KkMrTz37TftP82L3bp90N4mHjauOf5wrpRuoY73rv4_JF9Mb3Mvjr-tL8xf4K_lT-j_66

I'm going to change Leap Slam setup with new auto-trigger gems when I'll get vengeance:
4L: reduced mana + hatred + herald of ash + leap slam
4L: riposte + vengeance + curse on hit + warlord mark (if they work with curse on hit)
2L: portal + blood rage

Nice build, i can see u reached out for 3 "Block and Recovery" nodes for 4 additional block chance on Scion skill tree, i'm planning to do that atm :D.
p.s: Vengeance works great with Curse on hit, but we need to add some % quality to it because with every 2% quality we have 1% more chance to proc this skill (20% Q = 40% chance to proc Vengeance when block happens)
- The Lone Survivor -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info