So heres my unique reveal, Doomsower

"
Odoakar wrote:

Amazing sword, works so well with static strike. Currently demolishing mobs on only 4L, around 27k dps. Really, really good design.

Now if only some supporter would design a defensive 2H, because from my experiences so far in Bloodlines, dps is not an issue, but defensive options are. I was adamant in not using CwTD+IC, but use high armor instead, but my health pool was still yoyo'ing quite hard, so I had to switch to that damn combo in the end. With it, I'm having a much easier time.

Something in lines of :
+ [2-4%] max elemental resist
+ 100 life OR +400 armor
dps to be around 80% of doomsower. Around same aps.

Then we would have a tough choice which one to pick..

LOL. + 2-4% maximum resistance? I am pretty the DPS will be 20% of doomsower instead of 80% for a sword like that to exist.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : no charan, it needs to be buffed to at least 1/3 more of a normal 2-handers size.

It is the buff all 2-hand players secretly crave.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Dec 23, 2014, 8:28:40 PM
"
You should ask Support to lock this thread, VD. All this praise from the usual skeptics and naysayers is just begging to have your little pigsticker nerfed. :P

hahah maybe tehyll nerf it just to piss people off

and man boem that 6l, hnnnnghh
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Dec 23, 2014, 8:38:25 PM
I just "accidentally" 6L'd this while trying to roll a 5L:

I am so psyched! Planning on trying out Static Strike.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
^congratz!

Another one joins the 6-link club :D!

(beuheuheuheu to all the people who were like " why would you 6-link this" => because it's an awesome sword DUH)

Still rooting for it becoming 1/3 bigger in visual size just for kicks and conan feel :p.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
Thanks for making an actual usable unique

srsly lol this was the one unique when I saw it I thought "That sword is actually good!". Simple yet effective, 8/8 gr8 b8 m8

I will now make a poem for you, give me a few hours :3
Last edited by CabooseDog on Dec 24, 2014, 10:04:25 AM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:

Amazing sword, works so well with static strike. Currently demolishing mobs on only 4L, around 27k dps. Really, really good design.

Now if only some supporter would design a defensive 2H, because from my experiences so far in Bloodlines, dps is not an issue, but defensive options are. I was adamant in not using CwTD+IC, but use high armor instead, but my health pool was still yoyo'ing quite hard, so I had to switch to that damn combo in the end. With it, I'm having a much easier time.

Something in lines of :
+ [2-4%] max elemental resist
+ 100 life OR +400 armor
dps to be around 80% of doomsower. Around same aps.

Then we would have a tough choice which one to pick..

I'm happy you like it :D

orginally my intention was to make a defensive 2h, they wont do it, specifically asked for +max rez and that is not gonna be done at all apparently

I wanted to stop by and say that you did a great job with the sword. I was seriously betting that they would release a good unique 2h in 1.3 and i was right. Thankfully they saw there was a severe lack in this department.. Not to mention the entire 2handed category needs a buff as giving up a shield for minimal DPS upgrades is pretty brutal.

On another note; wow so they won't consider making defensive unique 2 Handed weapons? If i were to drop the cash i guess id need to talk with a GGG rep about this specific topic. My idea is based around gaining DR and % damage bonuses on a 2hander that directly scales with the amount of endurance charges you have. The idea is to maintain decent dps while promoting survivability in the late game. I am eternally cursed with trying end-game melee builds to very little high level success and it bothers me. Anyhow heres what i was thinking:

Vaal Greatsword base (would require lvl 63ish)

+1 maximum endurance charge
-30% endurance charge duration
+25% physical damage per endurance charge
+0.5% additional physical damage reduction per endurance charge

So depending on how much you stack those charges you'll be able to scale the weapon with over a 200% modifier while boosting DR by 5-6% to go along with the endurance charges.
I just want an axe version of this. If this sucker winds up dropping for me, I'm probably going to feel obligated to spec out of my 2h Axe route that I'm currently in. So nice.

"
Rusery wrote:
On another note; wow so they won't consider making defensive unique 2 Handed weapons?

Well, they've got one already, sort of. The 2h dual-wield axe gives you 23% block chance, plus 6% spell block (technically, 25% chance of your block percentage). That gives it a 5% higher starting base than staves

If they did make another though, I'd hope it should be a staff, not a sword, axe, or mace. Staves are already the defensive focused ones, with innate block chance, as well having the endurance charge proc located in their nodes (and it is rather silly that an axe outdoes them in terms of blocking). If you're going to play with endurance charges, that's where it should be, for the synergy with that node.
Last edited by Axterix13 on Dec 24, 2014, 7:02:55 PM
Did I fuck up this 4 link gem setup? Should I replace Added Fire for MPD for more Light dmg Conversion?
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Last edited by MajorThor on Dec 24, 2014, 7:27:35 PM
"
MajorThor wrote:
Did I fuck up this 4 link gem setup? Should I replace Added Fire for MPD for more Light dmg Conversion?

Plug it in, find out.

I use MPD and WED on my 5L setup (along with life leech and faster attacks).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info