1.3.0 Patch Notes

"
Panda413 wrote:
The thing I like best about this patch is that GGG knew this would be the initial reaction and they did it anyway because they care more about the long term than appeasing those that oppose change and balance.

I get it too, it's fun to have a strong build. Everyone wants a character that can be tanky and defend while dealing tons and tons of damage. That's why we play games! But whether some of us realize it or not, the more challenging it is to reach that feeling, the more rewarding and enjoyable it is.

I haven't played 1.3 yet, but I look forward to playing and supporting PoE for years to come. Not just because of the game itself, but because of the standards of their dev team and leadership.

A++ Will play again!
"
uneak wrote:
So many freaking QQers, holy shit, free to play game and its so amazing. This patch is a real balance patch. All these people that cry about the nerfs are sad because they wont be able to afk tank whole map or kill dominus in 78 map within 5 seconds altogether. Especially that stupid aegis aurora build where you could tank double dominus at 78 map while sleeping because of that retarded block. btw those nerfs are applied because of PvP. Try to fight aegis aurora build pre 1.3 in pvp and see how far you get. If you want to be immortal then go play some pay2win game instead of filling this forum with your stupid comments on how bad this patch is. Very good balance patch. Will continue supporting GGG.

this isn't balancing whatsoever, this is just plain lowering effectiveness of many builds out there, while doing nothing to buff those who were previously weak. This is not balancing, this is lowering the amount of possible builds people will play. If you had 5 fruits on the table that you liked, and than 3 were taken away from you, that's not "balance". That's just killing variety.

If you wanted to fight aegis in pvp, get yourself a block gem to counter his high block chance cap, and it's over for him? it's that simple, you actually had one build which was strong, and you would need to make second strong build to work against it. Now that aegis will most probably be dead, there will be no point in making counter block builds, so we just lost 2 builds in pvp, what was the point of that? balance? what forcing people into fewer builds is fucking balance now?
"
heisl wrote:
"
Panda413 wrote:
The thing I like best about this patch is that GGG knew this would be the initial reaction and they did it anyway because they care more about the long term than appeasing those that oppose change and balance.

I get it too, it's fun to have a strong build. Everyone wants a character that can be tanky and defend while dealing tons and tons of damage. That's why we play games! But whether some of us realize it or not, the more challenging it is to reach that feeling, the more rewarding and enjoyable it is.

I haven't played 1.3 yet, but I look forward to playing and supporting PoE for years to come. Not just because of the game itself, but because of the standards of their dev team and leadership.

A++ Will play again!

Hitler thought his design decisions were good too, and he got a whole country to agree, heck, some of his ideas were good even.
Doesn't mean he didn't massacre the Jewish.
Don't judge a person for their ideals judge them for their actions.
Last edited by Brit_ on Dec 12, 2014, 5:30:33 AM
I totally agree with lanne. So the question is: riot or quit?

Somebody add a witty hashtag for some of the social media crap.
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:

"
Chris wrote:
*nerfs to crit, crit multi, damage mitigation*

While I agree that certain things needed some kind of rebalance, and crit now maybe is at a better point, damage mitigation nerfs aren't so welcome. We used CoD + AA/LC/max block not only becase it helped to survive but because the other kind of mitigation forms were crap. And those are still crap. Where is the armour rework? Where is the buff to survability for strenght (so marauder/duelist feels more tanky than other classes)? We need to create 10 threads per day about these things (like people did with crit) so you guys start doing something?

If you want to make the endgame more difficult and not a cake-walk like it is right now for some builds, just make the +% quantity mod really affect the map outcome, so it is only possible to sustain a high level map pool playing with dangerous mods. Currently the game is way easier than ever because people sustain it just with blue/regal maps. But also it must come with better balance overall, if you play some mods you are helpless. Also, map mods should take into account combinations, like ele weakness + elemental damage. Or vulnerability + poison on hit.

But there is one thing that I would like to comment (like I did months ago). We need positive changes as well. This patch have some (4-5 underused uniques now are *maybe* usable) but is not enough, not at all, specially in contrast with all those negative nerfs (huge nerfs). Positive = fun, Negative = disheartening. You are balancing your game numbers, but the feeling of most of your players (as comments shows) is going downhill at lightspeed.

Totally agree, you guys trying to balance the things, but all we see is nerfing, balance is when something goes down, but something goes up...
"
uneak wrote:
So many freaking QQers, holy shit, free to play game and its so amazing. This patch is a real balance patch. All these people that cry about the nerfs are sad because they wont be able to afk tank whole map or kill dominus in 78 map within 5 seconds altogether. Especially that stupid aegis aurora build where you could tank double dominus at 78 map while sleeping because of that retarded block. btw those nerfs are applied because of PvP. Try to fight aegis aurora build pre 1.3 in pvp and see how far you get. If you want to be immortal then go play some pay2win game instead of filling this forum with your stupid comments on how bad this patch is. Very good balance patch. Will continue supporting GGG.

Oh!

I see. you support ggg in a extended way. They will need more ppl like you next times. And you play a verry long time i see to.
So you can understand people who make builds and love them and see that they get nerfed every patch again.

I love people like you and hope you get so much desync, what is a thing what should be nerfed, that you can play the game without block, crit, amour....

oh wait.

"
uneak wrote:

I hope you and people like you have a lot of money to give to ggg so they can continue doing what they love doing.
"
Serleth wrote:
I'm going to be the only one who loves this patch, and I give exactly 0 craps about that. This game just got challenging again instead of a total walkthrough.

"
I love people like you and hope you get so much desync, what is a thing what should be nerfed, that you can play the game without block, crit, amour....

oh wait.

I have 0 builds based around either block, and only one of them is crit based.

PEBCAK.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 12, 2014, 5:37:46 AM
Chill out a bit guys, we haven't even played it yet.

It looks like there trying to nerf the OP builds while making the end game harder to survive. GOOD we don't want no pussy keyboard faceroll diablo 3 here. The majority of the nerfs are needed & well intended.

However...

Talking from a HC perspective I despair that the 2H builds arn't getting much needed love. The new nodes are nice but doesn't help the fact that your down an item slot... the majority of players will never be able to get two 6l and even with that second 6l it doesn't help your survivabilty especially if your using one for single target and the other for aoe.

On the other side of the fence you have the 1H + Shield builds that have had a major increase in dps with the new shield nodes (much needed) and the bow users while safely being ranged still have the quiver for an extra stat stick if needed. Doesn't add up! Either make the raw dps higher with 2H or substantially increase the melee reach while also giving another defensive item affix.

Melee has to get up close and personal and contend with much more desync. They need some kind of incentive otherwise everyone will eventually run bow/arc builds. Like last league I went incinerate.. comparatively survivability was a joke.
@Delectrixz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info