1.3.0 Patch Notes

Lots of nerfs, few stuff hitting my ideas. But it just makes it more fun to me, a slight extra challenge to overcome.
Im sure that if these nerfs are too much, it will be fixed sooner enough.
In 20 hours its time to enjoy the new Leagues! HYPE
Yeah, but that Immortal Flesh though.
IGN: Athulua
that was a lot of nerfs
Oh wait, are ALL the unique items in game effected by the changes to them, or just acuity as that is the only one that has the following wording "Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."

Okay, I am really not sure how to feel about this patch. Seems like we are at Path of Nerfs and Path of Ranged all over again. Considering that I have no intention of playing PvP, most of the changes to PvE content bother me.

What I like:

I really like the all the master and mission rebalancing. That crafted hybrid mod was too strong, leveling masters to 8 took too long, and being able to remove mods sooner is better. Although I would still move the "Remove Crafted Mod" option to an even lower level. The nerf to Acuity is also much needed. I would have changed the mod to Vaal Pact, but considering how rare it is, it seems good for it to be better. I also like the balance to Descent and Descent Champions. Then again, a change was made to Descent Champions in 1.2 despite that race never being ran in Season 9. Do these changes mean we will actually see those races in Season 10? As for the Blood of Summer nerf, I feel that it was needed, despite having so much fun with the old version.

What I have a problem with:

Most of the skill and Unique balance seems really odd. I can understand the Arctic Armour nerf, and it is not very much. The Puncture nerf seems too hard until we know how much more damage it gets per level (although the new bleed circle justifies this somewhat). Curse on Hit has been made useless again. While it still guarantees applying the curse, having it as a way to increase the curse's effectiveness was the main draw of it to me. All curses got reduced in effectiveness in 1.2 for this and passives to make them better again. The Increased Crit Strikes buff seems unnecessary, as it is already easy to achieve high crit chance and that gem slot could be used for something better. The nerf to Increased Crit Damage is needed, but seems too hard.

The main problem I have is the reduction of block chance on shields in addition to block being rebalanced on the tree. Isn't just one of those enough? The block on Uniques has also been reduced on so many Uniques that Standard's economy is going to be even more broken than it already is with all these legacy items. I also cannot understand the logic behind always nerfing the most popular builds and items. The nerfs to Lightning Coil and Cloak of Defiance are the main ones I have a problem with. Yes they were popular, does this mean they were overpowered? Not necessarily. Players used them as an alternative to armour which currently is lackluster and has not been changed in this patch. Lastly, something that probably only bother me, is that I do not understand the logic behind adding 3D art for a chest armour that was introduced AFTER many other chest armours that still do not have it (Coil, Cloak, etc.) and one that is much less popular as well. Still good to see, but I wonder about the logic behind the priorities the art team has for these items.

Overall, a patch like seems like a good excuse to take a break from this game and play something else for a while. I still love this game and I will still play races and level in the new leagues, but some things in this patch just aren't right to me.
"This was an awesome patch to put together and test (i.e. playing lots of PvP). Thanks for your ongoing support!"

Chris, are you high?
"
Mivo wrote:
"
Active Skill Balance:
Auras and aura-like effects can now affect totems.
Summoned totems are only affected by auras that affect defensive properties.
Summoned totems still use their summoner's skills. In order for an offensive aura to have an effect, it must affect the summoner, not the totem.

So Purity of Elements affects Flame Totems, for example? Do they get an energy shield from Discipline? (Probably not.)
Short answer: Yes. Long answer: See below.

"
Shodokan123 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Auras and aura-like effects can now affect totems.
Summoned totems are only affected by auras that affect defensive properties.
Summoned totems still use their summoner's skills. In order for an offensive aura to have an effect, it must affect the summoner, not the totem.

Can we please get some clarification? These three lines really SEEM to contradict each other. The way I read it Ranged Attack Totem will still work with offensive auras/Heralds because it affect's the character's actual damage sheet?
There's no contradiction there, the later lines are clarificaitons.

Previously, totems could not be affected by any auras. But summoned totems could use skills that benefitted by auras affecting you, because they use your skills. This has not changed (note the use of "still" in the third line).
Because offensive bonuses from auras affect the skill, not the object, they skill can't affect summoned totems, because they'd do nothing. Putting a totem in an anger aura would add fire damage to it's attacks, but that doesn't have any effect because it's using your attacks, not it's own. So You need to be in the anger for your skill to benefit - regardless of whether you or the totem is using the skill -because it's still your skill, with your stats.

But since we now have tech that allows us to let relevant auras affect totems, defensive auras - which affect the object rather than it's skills - can affect all totems, including summoned ones. Your ranged attakc totem can benefit from your Discipline aura, for example, just like any other object.

This also means that aura-like effects such as ground effects and righteous fire can affect totems. You can use poison arrow, ground fire, and Righteous Fire to kill enemy totems, which was previously not possible, because to disable the aura effects that couldn't work on totems, we had to disable all of them.

"
chilisoup wrote:
"
LordSaren wrote:
Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder have been changed from Spell to Cast active skill types to indicate that they deal secondary damage and not spell damage.

What does this mean ?

I worry it means the damage they add to attacks wont be able to proc status ailments... *shrug*
This is not a functional change. Those two skills have always dealt secondary damage, not spell damage. We usually indicate this by putting the "cast" rather than "spell" tag on those skills. That was missed at the time they were introduced, and has been corrected. It only changes the visual tags on the gem, and has no mechanical effect on anything the skills do.

"
PodX140 wrote:
Even freaking headhunter, the belt that isn't all that broken unless you use nemesis to have FUN, was nerfed. No fun allowed from GGG apparently.
Literally the only changes to headhunter were fixes to things that were completely obviously bugs. No-one seriously believed it was ever correct that killing a rare monster gave you up to 6 copies of some of it's mods, entirely random as to which, instead of doing what it says, which is giving you the mods the monster had - i.e. one of each mod, the same number of them that the monster had.
Isnt this a huge nerf on totems with the defensive auras restriction?
Since .92
The game might actually become a challenge again. I remain hopeful that these changes are part of a larger plan that will become clear with the huge patch of Act 4. Perhaps steer the game back towards being brutally difficult instead of a cake walk.

Also no one is excited you can target ground with Cyclone now?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Leeet wrote:
"This was an awesome patch to put together and test (i.e. playing lots of PvP). Thanks for your ongoing support!"

Chris, are you high?

I'm sure it is awesome.. for pvp.

For the actual game - pve - it's crap, man, it's just crap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info