PvP Manifesto Post and Patch Notes Teaser

many of you just crying becouse of block nerf ect.. PoE isn't game for nobs wanna play easy games go D3..
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
"
AssasinCreed wrote:
many of you just crying becouse of block nerf ect.. PoE isn't game for nobs wanna play easy games go D3..

But the block is kinda crucial feature if u play pure eva/dodge build. Now u are penalised for using dodge + block on eva build. Evasion as a one defence is really bad when u can get like 1 or 2 shot from monsters in high lvl maps especially when u can have like 6k life max on your eva build. With dodge it was kinda useless to spec into other defence than evasion cause of 50% less armour/ES penalty, now u cant use block effectively enough so... what left.
Diablo 3 is tutorial for PoE.
10/10
"
But the block is kinda crucial feature if u play pure eva/dodge build. Now u are penalised for using dodge + block on eva build. Evasion as a one defence is really bad when u can get like 1 or 2 shot from monsters in high lvl maps especially when u can have like 6k life max on your eva build. With dodge it was kinda useless to spec into other defence than evasion cause of 50% less armour/ES penalty, now u cant use block effectively enough so... what left.

idk what do you talking about. If you thinking about bow builds its 1hit kill or be killed its a good option. no risk no rewards. As evasion + odnar's guile give you immune to projectile attack can reach more then 100% only with grace and some evasion nodes.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Kinetic blast? Really? So u have a game with medieval theme and u name a gem after something which was invented in 19th century? Clever enough
"
Brunini wrote:
"
AssasinCreed wrote:

This is pure bs people.
I have a 4,8k life on a full glass cannon shadow build, with abyssus, no eva, almost no armor and 0 block nodes.
The only survivability i use is your occasional cwdt ic setup and i never got one shotted even in lvl 77 maps.
Keep in mind im only lvl83.
So if i dont get one shotted with 4,8 k life and abyssus, there is no fckin way someone with 6k life would get one shotted.
Stop spouting lies and nonsense.
"
Kinetic blast? Really? So u have a game with medieval theme and u name a gem after something which was invented in 19th century? Clever enough

Yea while everything else, like lightning arrow, rf and everything else, is so fckin realistic!
What else will ppl find to bitch about?
wow, all this crying about everything...

all this is is a little description of new skills, not a bit how and in which combinations they might work... it really tells us nothing, except for they might be a new way of enhancing melee. yes, 2 of them attack on block, cause casters are good enough without a counter.
what a about the block "nerf"? less chance to block while gaining an insane amount of defense on shield, hmm I wonder if GGG ever thought about survivability....

I rather wait for the patch than complaining about something I can't possibly tell to be good or bad.

it's all about trying out something newly added to the game and I personally think this is extremely enjoyable in poe... we're getting tons of new material in such short periods of time. that is something some guys should learn to appreciate.

awesome job, GGG, can't wait for the patch! :)
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
Added a new Strength Skill - Vengeance: Chance to perform a swift counter-attack against all enemies around you when you are hit. Weapon range increases the area of this attack. (Available from the Lost in Love quest for the Templar, Marauder and Duelist.)

Usable with 2 hander's since the other 2 were not?

Why is this one only a chance to though while the other 2 are guaranteed?

:/

cause by simple statistics: you get hit a lot more than you block.

We don't know the %chance though, so best not light the torches and pitchforks yet.

I'm personally interested to see if a block/reflect build can now be a thing with those two new block gems :D
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Dec 11, 2014, 7:45:45 AM
meh...

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fuck this is bad...

So ok pvp yaaay , i dont think spending time on pvp is a waste and it can certainly help a lot , i also do not agree with the guys who say worst patch ever because it has pvp .
WHat i want to say is : worst patch ever , shit pve balance once again. I do not know what the deal is with you guys when you have a look at pve but i am pretty sure you just look at numbers numbers numbers and not the game itself. If you could only spend the time you spent playing pvp playing the ACTUAL game , the game that has attracted 99% of your players you would know what melee needs.

Let me explain what i mean and NOTE: This is only based in what i have seen till now.

Soo , block for melee has actually been buffed.It is such an interesting route to take now for every melee PHYSICAL (you have dumped ele melee builds btw) build and differently from before now block gives you more damage and the "reactive"( ffs couldnt you just call them trigger gems so at least would not hope for something new different and interesting) skills further buff this damage.

So we have damagee , yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, the thing is...MELEE DOES NOT NEED EVEN MORE DAMAGE..wtf.What melee needs is not to be oneshoted if it gets near to a single mob , it needs the ability to GET closer and STAY closer. More damage is barely going to help if you wont fix the GET closer part first. It is just starting it from the wrong way.Damage even though of course is NICE when it is basically for free it does not resolve much.

Of course with damage may come leech , with hits may come curse applying and status applying , block of course now has come with a lot of increased defenses .Armour has become easier to stack.I get what you want to do now , you want to let melee get both without having to invest a ton but guess what guys , the problem is not that.The problem is that even when a melee invests a fucking ton into defense it still gets one shot.It still can not do uber atziri without perma immortal call and 95%+ light res , it still can not attack a powerful crit added damage rare (which btw is pretty common).

So yeees now melee can invest in both defense and damage efficently but it wont be able to reach the defense it could reach before , defense that even BEFORE WAS NOT ENOUGH. Even with the crazy acro light coil capped block high life melee had a hard fucking life.They would get one shot or two shot because some things in PoE are absurd and implemented only to fuck with the highest defense guys.

Do you know what kind of thing melee needs , it needs something like :
Reactive Skill -> On guard : First attack from mobs do x% less damage depending by your melee damage , activates when melee range.
Reactive skill name bla bla bla : Every x melee attacks or every x melee damage you deal you can block an attack/spell.
Reactive Skill--> Fearless charge : Absorb x% of mobs first attack damage depending by your melee damage when in high range.

These tree skills allow you to 1) stay longer in a fight depending from your damage /attack speed 2) Avoid one shots from both high range and low range mobs .Allow melee players to GET closer and STAY closer. If balanced right they or a version of them can be WAY MORE useful than your INSTAKILL YOUR EASY ENEMIES TO BOOST CLEARSPEED AND DO NOTHING IF OUR RETARDED MOBS ONE SHOT YOU , YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Hopefully that three counter-attack skills can't be used together. Otherwise 1H will become even stronger and no place for 2H.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info