PvP Manifesto Post and Patch Notes Teaser

"
Immundissime wrote:
"
Frailboy wrote:
I'm surprised people haven't discussed the defensive use for counter striking yet either. Leech. Two handers that get hit have a chance to counter, with vaal pact and life leech they might heal back to full immediately. With endurance charge on stun they could get one if they hit hard enough. Using the other two gems, with only 50% block that means half the time you take no damage and can hit them back with a leeching attack to heal up or cast on melee kill or cast on crit. Hmm counterstrike + leech + CoC + EK... double healing on proc...
Since not so long there's only one-source applied leech. So if u leech from main attack and it gives more - it will be the only source. And how do u think will counter attacks leech more than main attack?

That doesn't apply if you have Vaal Pact. Let's say vengeance has a 33% chance to proc. You cyclone through 10 mobs, 6 of them hit you as you pass. Vengeance is expected to proc twice doing aoe damage and instant leeching 2 times. That's only 2 sockets.

All theorycrafting at the moment. The moves better have internal cool downs or we're going to see the same problems we did a year ago.
Last edited by Frailboy on Dec 11, 2014, 7:43:48 AM
"
Frailboy wrote:
Incinerators are casters. They don't need a weapon, they don't need anything in their hands. Why would they be counter striking?

The gems are counter STRIKE. You don't counter someone with a defensive move. If people want more defensive options... ask for them. Counter strikes are for damage, block/parry/dodge then attack back.

If you look at 1.2 builds on the forums you have players with-
max block
max spell block
dodge
spell dodge
evasion
arctic armor
lightning coil
CWDT + EC + IC + inc duration

All on one character...

In OB people often chose IR or acrobatics/evasion or block or CI, we've gotten spoiled.

Know why? Coz they suddenly die. It's so easy to die in a melee even with all those mechanicas above. Just bad luck with some bad mods on a map|rare mobs = rip. I don't whine about counters for casters - I don't understand why nerf defensive mechanics again. If u think counter-attacks will get more melees viable - u're wrong.
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
Last edited by Immundissime on Dec 11, 2014, 5:23:32 AM
"
Frailboy wrote:
"
Immundissime wrote:
"
Frailboy wrote:
I'm surprised people haven't discussed the defensive use for counter striking yet either. Leech. Two handers that get hit have a chance to counter, with vaal pact and life leech they might heal back to full immediately. With endurance charge on stun they could get one if they hit hard enough. Using the other two gems, with only 50% block that means half the time you take no damage and can hit them back with a leeching attack to heal up or cast on melee kill or cast on crit. Hmm counterstrike + leech + CoC + EK... double healing on proc...
Since not so long there's only one-source applied leech. So if u leech from main attack and it gives more - it will be the only source. And how do u think will counter attacks leech more than main attack?

That doesn't apply if you have Vaal Pact. Let's say vengeance has a 33% chance to proc. You cyclone through 10 mobs, 6 of them hit you as you pass. Vengeance is expected to proc twice doing aoe damage and instant leeching 2 times. That's only 2 sockets.

All theorycrafting at the moment. The moves better have internal cool downs or we're going to see the same problems we did a year ago.

Mm, probably u're right about VP, but still u'll get much more leech from main attack (cyclone), leech from procs of counter-attacks will be insignificant.
Last edited by Immundissime on Dec 11, 2014, 5:26:53 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:
Path of procs and playing on auto-pilot.

I prefer self-casted skills.

CoC Discharge Shadow L88
3-Curse LB Witch L84

Now doesn't that seem a bit ironical? ;)
Crit happens.
"
Immundissime wrote:
Mm, probably u're right about VP, but still u'll got much more leech from main attack (cyclone), leech from procs of counter-attacks will be insignificant.

It's free damage and healing for 1 or 2 gems. Seems like a good thing. My staff build I'm working on has almost 500% physical damage, crit nodes, hatred, HoA... I'm thinking a counter attack might hit kind of hard.

BTW I'm not saying melee are saved, this patch fixed everything, everyone should stop playing witches. Just saying if this is what we're given, we should look at ways to make it useful.
new wand skill should have been called "cluster shot"
"
Frailboy wrote:
"
Immundissime wrote:
Mm, probably u're right about VP, but still u'll got much more leech from main attack (cyclone), leech from procs of counter-attacks will be insignificant.

It's free damage and healing for 1 or 2 gems. Seems like a good thing. My staff build I'm working on has almost 500% physical damage, crit nodes, hatred, HoA... I'm thinking a counter attack might hit kind of hard.

BTW I'm not saying melee are saved, this patch fixed everything, everyone should stop playing witches. Just saying if this is what we're given, we should look at ways to make it useful.

U're wrong, there would be even more witches coz srs still viable and melees are even worse than before (saying about HC).
Last edited by Immundissime on Dec 11, 2014, 5:41:42 AM
It was pretty clear that counter gems would not be active skills in a game with heavy desync.

Looks interesting but too early to judge without the full patch notes.
Added a new Intelligence/Strength support gem - Physical to Lightning.

Pure elemental Glacial Cascade Hype!
"
oRieLLi wrote:
Added a new Intelligence/Strength support gem - Physical to Lightning.

Pure elemental Glacial Cascade Hype!

Pure mobs elemental resist and reflect not hyyype :\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info