Guild Features we would like to see!

Bump to this.
We want to be able to sort alphabetically the roster of the guild profile to match it well the guild website roster.
Last edited by Samkiud on Dec 18, 2014, 2:50:12 PM
Here are my suggestions I made months ago before this thread you linked me was created:

Source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/801971 (the newer version)

Here are even earlier suggestions I made (a relic) before Guilds were implemented into PoE:

Source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/479628 (the older version)

I sent my ideas in the link above to GGG, but they said some ideas I had in mind did not fit PoE, notably the idea of Guild Alliances they said would most likely not be implemented in the game.

P.S. If you or anyone else would like to bump only the first thread I linked, feel free to do so, because most of what's being mentioned in the OP I have already brought to life.

Thank you.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Dec 20, 2014, 12:03:24 AM
http://opa.boards.net

We meet on Sam's Raidcall, too.

We're having a gathering of guild leaders on Sam's forum, who is the leader of OPA (Old Player's Association).

I think it would be ok for you other leaders to join in. I think that is what Sam is trying to accomplish, with this.

Contact Samkiud

I just want to say that I think that if the leaders here put forth a good effort, into making the guild system better, maybe GGG will give us something, in return. I think we'll probably have to give first, before we get changes, on their end. They probably want to see some results, first. If I were them, I certainly would before I pour resources into this.

sorry I got your name spelling wrong, Sam ;-p
Last edited by FusionReactor on Dec 18, 2014, 5:52:27 PM
"
FusionReactor wrote:
http://opa.boards.net

We meet on Sam's Raidcall, too.

We're having a gathering of guild leaders on Sam's forum, who is the leader of OPA (Old Player's Association).

I think it would be ok for you other leaders to join in. I think that is what Sam is trying to accomplish, with this.

Contact Samkiud

I just want to say that I think that if the leaders here put forth a good effort, into making the guild system better, maybe GGG will give us something, in return. I think we'll probably have to give first, before we get changes, on their end. They probably want to see some results, first. If I were them, I certainly would before I pour resources into this.

sorry I got your name spelling wrong, Sam ;-p

This is the thread:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1138127
Last edited by Samkiud on Dec 19, 2014, 8:03:21 PM
I'd really love to see a sign,a symbol or something that indicates in which league the player is actually playing,there is nothing more frustrating that being able to help someone but then you find out it's in the wrong league,it's a small change that could help a lot.
Thank you.
"
TheMazzi wrote:
I'd really love to see a sign,a symbol or something that indicates in which league the player is actually playing,there is nothing more frustrating that being able to help someone but then you find out it's in the wrong league,it's a small change that could help a lot.
Thank you.

That can already be accomplished by simply looking at and/or hovering your cursor over a player's league flag in your 'Friends' tab or 'Guild' tab. Or, if they're not in your friends list or Guild, it would make sense to ask a player what league they are in before ever helping them in the first place.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Dec 22, 2014, 2:36:13 AM
We have a guild leader co-op forming, on the guild recruitment forum. We have our own 3rd party forum and will be using [NUKE]'s Teamspeak for regularly scheduled chat ups and brainstorming sessions. We're probably going to bullshit with each other a lot, too. If you are in a guild please let your Leader or Officers know about us. Anyone is welcome to join us, so we all can pool our knowledge and experience to help the guild system and community improve.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1138127
1. Events / Guild Progression - List of events ( daily guild quest , weekly guild quest , special guild achievements and various of activities that will grand Guild XP ). This will bring the guild to a new Rank ( every rank will have small benefits to the guild members like +1% movement sped / +1% items found ). Harder guild achievements or events can reward you with special ability that can be used 4-5 times a day ( something like Ultimate Skill with a cool down ).

2. Guild Skill Tree - During various of activities you can acquire Guild Points ( Guild Master can give permission to other members to distribute this points on the special designed Guild Skill Tree ). For example the Skill Tree can have 2-3 Tabs with different directions of development ( PvP/PvE/Cosmetic/Hardcore) .

3. Guild Hideout - Like players but much larger and ofc expandable. Members of the guild can accept guild quest from there ( and they will be visible for every guild member that log in to the game ). For example - / Kill 10.000 Humanoids / Complete 100 maps / - you got the idea and every member online will contribute to complete this quests. Ofc Weekly Quest will be much harder and will require more time and affords.

4. Guild vs Guild Arena PvP - Members of each guild can Que like team , and face other guild teams in the arena ( best of 7 or capture the flag will fit well here as well ). There will be Guild PvP Ranking system ( with various special badges at the end of the season or other candy stuff ).Also having special recipes as reward from the PvP crafting bench will be nice.

5. In Guild Events - Some special events set inside the guild ( example - Win 20 1v1 duels against guild members , Top 20 players to get some of the achievements currently available in the game , special in-guild titles like - Guild Nurd / Guild Slacker depending time investment in different guild activities ). I thing there is wide range of ideas that may work for such a system.

Let me know what you thing about this suggestions , personally i will enjoy to see improvements in our current state of the guild system.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
Thanks to everyone for posting! There are some nice ideas here and it would be very fun for us to get at least some of them implemented. At the moment i think the most pressing improvements would be about expanding guild functionality and making it easier to communicate and organize inside the guild.

Merry christmas all!
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info