Guild Features we would like to see!

Guilds were a nice addition to the game. Being an online multiplayer game, socializing is a big part of PoE. Guilds are an environment for players to come together and socialize, organize events, discuss different topics of the game and play together, its more fun together! There is however still plenty of room for development and i would list here some of the most important ideas i can think of :

1) More customizable tiers of guild ranks. Would like to have more tiers of members like: apprentice for newcomers that can be promoted to members. Active and long-time members can be promoted to veteran members. Officers who want to help out with guild affairs, with sub-officers for leading mapping groups and a leader to supervise it all. Different privileges can be set to all ranks to create a certain internal guild system.

2) Upgraded guild tab. Its nice to have a guild status message, but we also need a bigger description text for info that is largely permanent, like voice chat details, important thread numbers, guild guidelines and basic info like that to be easily accessed by everyone in the guild.

Leader/officer notes could be added to guild members for info, like who has what lvl8 masters and who is regular mapper etc. And this isn`t a personal note, everyone can see this.

Last seen online. Nothing makes you feel like guild(game) is dead when you have constantly 95% members offline. If we could see when players logged in last time, then we could make better decisions clearing out the weed so that the crops may grow!

Other upgrades can be added to this tab for convenience.

3) Event calendar A calendar where officer and above can create an event with a name, time and description. Other players can then sign up. Can be used for finding players for events or to create a poll in a simple yes or no fashion. Races and important events like patches or league start/end could also be displayed there. People could make their own notes or to-do lists for themselves.

4) Officer Chat. A different chat channel for guild officers so they can discuss guild matters or whatever. Random global channels are so clunky to use that i wont bother. This would only be accessible to guild officers or has access customizable by leader. Like all channels, this can be disabled, however it is an easy access to private officer chat that cannot be invaded.
A symbol before name to distinguish officers in guild chat.

5) Guild Hideout A default hideout for guild. that can house as many players as possible. Ofcourse it is customizable and could house vendors and perhaps, future guild specific masters and decorations?

6) Various challanges for guilds. These things can be completed with the participation of many people together in the guild. Alot of room for ideas here and how to reward guilds for doing this stuff. Perhaps decorations and bragging rights stuff for guild hideouts.

7) Payed custom leaguesThis could be organized between many guilds to split the cost of coins and to find players interested in doing these leagues and to have a larger playerbase for these leagues. Could be interesting, but i hope it doesn´t divide community too much

8) Guild stash logs. Ability to see guild stash item traffic. Catch those thieves! This feature can be tweaked to avoid clutter, based on each tab, when item is returned within 5 min, it isn`t logged, for example.
edit: Search feature for guild stash!

9) An easy way to send forum message to all guildies It is a alot of hazzle to get message across the whole guild at the moment.

10) Ability to move around guild stash tabs. Just like what we can do with our personal stash tabs.

11) Guild Alliances. Like friend invites for guilds. There are many guilds and this would make cooperation and organizing events between different guilds much better.

12) Logs about players joining and leaving the guild. This would give us an overview of players coming and going.

13) Streamlined Guild Recruitment Forum. Instead of simple list of posts of guilds recruiting, we could have a search engine where players and guilds can input and save search data about what they are looking for, like the size and areas of activity of the guild. Also some details like level, timezone, interests, experience in PoE. Help us connect!

These are important things because it allows players to create more activities for themselves, making the game more enjoyable and addicting than it already is! When it is easier to create groups, find people and organize the squad, even the most casual players will start playing together more and as a result PoE community will live longer. Most of these ideas are about making things easier. And if they are easier, more people will do it. We dont need to worry that PoE will become too MMO-like, this is just interface afterall. Help us to help ourselves!

Please let me know about YOUR awesome ideas that we would love to see in game! Do you agree with this list? Would you like to see these things implemented? Please bump and comment, lets make it happen!

PS! I will update this thread when more ideas arise.
Support other people`s efforts to develop our community:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/801971
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1138127/

Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
Last edited by Erak on Jan 12, 2015, 4:29:45 PM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2017, 2:29:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yes please
I agree.
Looking for more guild members for races/4 month hc leagues, pm for info
+1
I agree with most of the ideas. But this is the more needed:

"
Erak wrote:

a) Guild stash logs. Ability to see guild stash item traffic. Catch those thieves! This feature can be tweaked to avoid clutter, based on each tab, when item is returned within 5 min, it isn`t logged, for example.

My guild strongly need most of these features. Maybe with the PvP revamp being released the guild revamp would be the next big update GGG should work on.
Last edited by Samkiud on Dec 12, 2014, 6:31:46 AM
"
Erak wrote:
d) Guild Alliances. Like friend invites for guilds. There are many guilds and this would make cooperation and organizing events between different guilds much better.

Up to 3 guilds in one alliance, with an Alliance Chat feature.
We should be able to track which player leave the guild.
Awesome lost of suggestions!
I've always wanted Guild-specific modifiers for races.

For example:

Communal: Players do not have a personal stash. Items are only stored in the Guild Stash.
Guild: Players are not ranked individually in this race. Instead guilds are ranked based on the average across all the guild's members - even those without a character in this race.

This would incentivize guilds to get as many members as possible to play, in addition to having them do well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info