[HC, 1.2] CoC/Block Spectral Throw with Vagan's dagger - great DPS and survivability

"
5tr1k3r wrote:
"
morc1us wrote:
Build of the week IMO.

Thanks a lot, man.

Don't think so. The build is solid, but its concept was created a very, very long time ago.

I played a similar one even before all master craft / Heralds / etc. came out.
Mastercrafted dagger is definitely a huge improvement and frees up a lot of points, but it is nothing revolutionary.
Build of the week should show either new or rarely / never done before builds.
Like the one guy who used 2 Prism Eclipses to create a Cyclone which covered the entire screen.

ABout 1.3 - a lot less block.

Example tree.

I was able to get only 13% block without spending a ton of points to get 1-2% more.
This means only 43% chance to block attacks and around 55% chance to block spells.

Alternative version

This gets 19% block (49% block, 64% spellblock), but spends 9 more points to do so, which means sacrificing a lot of damage.

My conclusion - block version is not worth it at all at this point.
Better go evasion - Acro / Spell acro / Ondar.
You will remain at 46% spelldodge with Slink boots, but this is without spending 20+ points on doing so.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 8, 2014, 7:02:20 AM
"

My conclusion - block version is not worth it at all at this point.
Better go evasion - Acro / Spell acro / Ondar.
You will remain at 46% spelldodge with Slink boots, but this is without spending 20+ points on doing so.

Yep, that's exact same conclusion I came up with too. New possible skill tree for 1.3. If Rumi's Concoction doesn't get nerfed and with high enough rolls for both Rumi and Rathpith, we can have acro + phase acro + atziri's step, while having 75% spell block with Rumi up.
IGN: somewittynamehere
Guide just got a major update. More updates tomorrow.
From what I read when taking Acro the Rumi will also have 30% block chance reduction applied to it.
This means that a perfect Rumi will give 28% block.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 9, 2014, 10:41:23 AM
If I understood the recent clarification correctly, it would work like this:

block from perfect rumi with flask nodes: 40*1.3=52
spell block from perfect rumi with flask nodes: 20*1.3=26
total block with acro: (30+4+52)*0.7=60.2 <<< 60 (4 is tempest shield)
spell block from rumi with acro: 26*0.7=18.2 <<< 18
total spell block with acro: 60*(0.5+0.6)+18=84 <<< capped

what rathpith roll we need if we have a perfect rumi: (75-18)/60-0.5=0.45
checking: 60*(0.5+0.45)+18=75
if we have a perfect rumi, we need a 45%+ rathpith roll

what happens if we have average rolled rumi and a perfect rathpith
block from rumi with flask nodes: 35*1.3=45.5 <<< 45
spell block from rumi with flask nodes: 17*1.3=22.1 <<< 22
total block with acro: (30+4+45)*0.7=55.3 <<< 55
spell block from rumi with acro: 22*0.7=15.4 <<< 15
total spell block with acro: 55*(0.5+0.6)+15=75.5 <<< still capped

Enough for now.
Added leveling and budget gear sections.
Very nice guide from one of the best player I know. When HC theory crafting meet crazy DPS you always can find Striker!!!
I'm waiting anxiously that this build still works after the Update. I really want to do it. Good work
Rumi's Concoction: Chance to block during flask effect has been reduced from 30-40% to 20-30%. Chance to block spells during flask effect has been reduced from 15-20% to 10-15%.

This ^ sucks but I am still going to copy your build cause it looks awesome. Happy grinds!
"
DuStain wrote:
Rumi's Concoction: Chance to block during flask effect has been reduced from 30-40% to 20-30%. Chance to block spells during flask effect has been reduced from 15-20% to 10-15%.

This ^ sucks but I am still going to copy your build cause it looks awesome. Happy grinds!

Cast on Critical Strike's cooldown has been increased from 0.01 seconds to 0.05 seconds. This sucks too, not sure about coc builds now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info